The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

FPS worse

cheeseaddict
cheeseaddict
✭✭✭
the fps lag is worse now than its ever been, why is it when they try to fix something they just make it worse.......
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @gpkreutzerub17_ESO

Are you experiencing FPS issues in all areas or just in specific zones?

When did you initially start running into these performance issues in ESO?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • cheeseaddict
    cheeseaddict
    ✭✭✭
    all zones, when i log into a character for the first half hour or more my fps is in the single to low teens
  • Galarthor
    Galarthor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am experiencing the very same issue. And it all started 2 to 4 weeks ago.

FPS constantly drop down to 10-25 FPS from 80-100 FPS, before recovering again. This happens every 5 to 10 seconds and lasts for as long. Almost as if the game is loading the the patch of the map you are currently in and when its done your FPS go back to normal before the cycle start all over again.

It happens across all zones. Even in almost empty PvE zones with no other player or NPC in sight.

I noticed it most when I almost always noticed it when I was on the move / riding. But that might not be a very objective observation as low FPS are far more obvious and annoying if you are moving (fast) compared to standing still.

I am not sure if water plays a role in this. I have had the FPS drops occoring everywhere, even in places where there was no water in sight - even in the middle of Alikr Desert. However, standing at the Artaeum Wayshrine and looking towards that pool behind it makes my FPS drop from 100 down to 50-60 with water settings on Medium. Turning away from the pool lets the FPS recover to 100. Maybe that's a normal FPS drop for water pools. Maybe it is not. Whatever the case, there seems to be more going on as 50-60 FPS is still "enjoyable" while the 10-25 FPS I constantly get is causing me headaches.

My graphics card is a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti up-to-date. And lowering the graphics settings ingame had no noticeable effect on the FPS - though I have not tested it below medium settings so far, as 2 to 4 weeks ago High to Ultra settings were no issue - Cyrodiil excluded obviously.

• Ahmbor
    Ahmbor
    ✭✭✭
    the fps lag is worse now than its ever been, why is it when they try to fix something they just make it worse.......
    all zones, when i log into a character for the first half hour or more my fps is in the single to low teens

See: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/241603/fps-drop-over-time

Zenimax will doing nothing to solve this issue.
  • Lortie
    Lortie
    ✭✭✭
    This fps drop issue just makes the game unplayable after pvping for an hour(144fps to 19-25fps). If you watch Feng's stream everyone including him has to restart they're game every hour because of this issue. Its ridiculous how "Memory Improvements" have made the game perform the worse its ever been.
    Lortie - StamSorc
    Velsei - StamCro
    Sidyl - StamDK
    https://imgur.com/a/5kexQVk - ESO at it's finest.