Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Race and Alliance selection

chipz99
chipz99
Hello,

i am new to ESO. i own the imperial edition and would like to know if you are able to select a wood elf in Ebonheart pact. for some reason it will not allow me to and i thought this was possible? hopefully someone can help me with this.

thanks
  • METALPUNKS
    METALPUNKS
    ✭✭✭
    No you cant. The only way to play any race any alliance was from prepreoder. Its too late now. All you can do is play imperial race in any faction. The races are faction locked.
  • Tiyamel
    Tiyamel
    ✭✭✭
    as above poster has stated unless you have the pre-order bonus "Explorer's Pack" redeemable code inside your imperial box along with the Imperial Edition Bonuses then you can no longer pick race and alliance seperately, only imperial race can play any alliance now.
    Guild Master of Lost Prophecies, small group of friends playing in Ebonheart Pact, recruitment only accessible through playing with us and making a good impression.
    Want to know more on how to increase forum stars and achievements, check my guide here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/62438/forum-badges-list
    Can't seem to level Werewolf or its abilities? check this:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/108490/werewolf-effective-levelling-of-skill-line-and-abilities-warning-spoilers-may-be-included
    If it helps then please Insightful/Agree/Awesome or even Lol me :)
  • chipz99
    chipz99
    thank you for the clarification
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it's easy to confuse the 'any faction' aspect of the Imperial race and the pre-order 'any faction' aspect of the Explorer's Pack, I've seen many people confused about this here and elsewhere.
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Imperial Edition, was that Physical or Digital?
  • Trouvo
    Trouvo
    ✭✭✭
    Hawke wrote: »
    The Imperial Edition, was that Physical or Digital?
    both, that didnt and doesnt make a difference pertaining to any race any alliance, as that bonus is only for pre-orders and was separate from the imperial bonuses

Bloodline|RP Guild|Ebonheart Pact
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Trouvo actually the physical Imperial Edition came with both codes.. one for Imperial and the other for any race + pet+ maps etc on the same sheet of paper.
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh, inside the box.
  • SadisticSavior
    SadisticSavior
    ✭✭✭
    chipz99 wrote: »
    Hello,

i am new to ESO. i own the imperial edition and would like to know if you are able to select a wood elf in Ebonheart pact. for some reason it will not allow me to and i thought this was possible? hopefully someone can help me with this.

thanks
    I thought you could but I was wrong...this is not something included in the Imperial edition, it was just a perk for anyone who pre-ordered the game.
  • Trouvo
    Trouvo
    ✭✭✭
    Hawke wrote: »
    Oh, inside the box.
    that is a good point, lol, i actually thought of that for a guildie the other day...forgive me, work the night shift going to bed soon

the code saying that you preordered comes in the box so if you are lucky enough to find one still on the shelves, or lucky enough to find a standard one that still has one in it then you might be able to get the preorder bonuses still, but otherwise you are s.o.l.
    Edited by Trouvo on April 16, 2014 4:18PM
    Bloodline|RP Guild|Ebonheart Pact
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Trouvo no worries. I have the physical box, so I just wanted to help clarify that my box came with both codes onthe single paper inside of it. And I know how you feel too.. This has been a rough week for me as well.