The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Suggestion] Scroll to current selected character in the character selection menu

Maggi12
Maggi12
✭✭✭
Just minor QoL feature. And i believe it is not hard to implement!
/summon all players, having 15+ characters to discussion...
  • Gundug
    Gundug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This new behavior where the scroll bar resets to the top of the list has been the case only since the latest patch. It always rested on the last selected character in the past. I would prefer an interface capable of displaying all the characters on one screen though.
  • Maggi12
    Maggi12
    ✭✭✭
    Gundug wrote: »
    This new behavior where the scroll bar resets to the top of the list has been the case only since the latest patch. It always rested on the last selected character in the past. I would prefer an interface capable of displaying all the characters on one screen though.

Hm, i am inattentive then) I hope it will be fixed next patch.
    After reading your post, i've got a few ideas.
    Jusk looked at chracter selection screen. I think it may be optimised this way:
    OLD:
    Aliiance Icon
    Name + "Level " + number + " Cp icon"
    Last known location name

NEW:
    Aliiance Icon + Name + "Level " + number + " Cp icon"
    Last known location name
    and make a little bit smaller font (maybe dynamic font size, depending on char count)

Another great idea, deserving separate discussion:

Imagine there is new option in the character selection screen, allowing you to enter interactive mode.
    That mode shows you all your characters (3d models i mean) on one screen, so you can select them just by clicking on them.
    Next question is how to implement that feature?
    1. Pedestals
    2. Each of your characters do smth in one of your homes.
    3. Something else...
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That would be ideal. Or revert back to show the last active character.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd rather have gamepadUI work in the selection menu first.
  • Maggi12
    Maggi12
    ✭✭✭

2-3 patches have been passed and issue was not yet solved...
    ZOS, did you forgot about that issue? it is minor one, but frustrates those who have lots of chars....
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Maggi12 - I'm not seeing the problem since the stated patch for fixing. My last selected character is the one that shows up when I relog into that account. I'm on PC.
  • Nulami
    Nulami
    ✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    @Maggi12 - I'm not seeing the problem since the stated patch for fixing. My last selected character is the one that shows up when I relog into that account. I'm on PC.

It is the list that now defaults to showing the name of the top character and then the list goes down from there.

Many times, my last played character is at the bottom of the list and that character is displayed, but his name is below the bottom of the screen. This is the issue that has cropped up. When doing my crafting runs, I start at the bottom of the list and finish on my main character (top of the list). I have to scroll down to get to the characters I didn't used to have to scroll down to.

Minor bug, but a bug none-the-less.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nulami wrote: »

It is the list that now defaults to showing the name of the top character and then the list goes down from there.

Many times, my last played character is at the bottom of the list and that character is displayed, but his name is below the bottom of the screen. This is the issue that has cropped up. When doing my crafting runs, I start at the bottom of the list and finish on my main character (top of the list). I have to scroll down to get to the characters I didn't used to have to scroll down to.

That's not happening on my accounts. When I log back into either of them, on either megaserver, the last played character is the one highlighted and on my NA accounts, the list drops to the last one (usually one of my lowbies) I played. My toons are set up in level order, with my mains at the top, and the others (17 others on my first account, 14 others on my second account) in descending level order.

Today, I played a level 22 on my main account for a while, logged out and into my EU main account, forgot to check if I'd sold stuff on her, logged out of EU, back into my NA main account, and the last girl I'd played (my level 22) was highlighted, with the list dropping to the bottom so I'd see the highlight (she's 4th from the bottom). I'm not sure what's going on if you're not seeing that - unless it's something to do with me sorting toons by descending level.
  • Nulami
    Nulami
    ✭✭✭
    Nulami wrote: »

That's not happening on my accounts. When I log back into either of them, on either megaserver, the last played character is the one highlighted and on my NA accounts, the list drops to the last one (usually one of my lowbies) I played. My toons are set up in level order, with my mains at the top, and the others (17 others on my first account, 14 others on my second account) in descending level order.

Today, I played a level 22 on my main account for a while, logged out and into my EU main account, forgot to check if I'd sold stuff on her, logged out of EU, back into my NA main account, and the last girl I'd played (my level 22) was highlighted, with the list dropping to the bottom so I'd see the highlight (she's 4th from the bottom). I'm not sure what's going on if you're not seeing that - unless it's something to do with me sorting toons by descending level.

Mine are sorted in descending order as well.

Very strange. Maybe I don't have enough alts....
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I would really like is the option to open inventory of each character in char select menu and move equipment between them.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Maggi12
    Maggi12
    ✭✭✭
    pro tip:
    Use arrow keys and enter key - they do increase character selection speed x2 times or more)
    I have suddenly opened that feature after 2+ years of playing)))