Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New beginners campaign for PVP needed.

biminirwb17_ESO
biminirwb17_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
We need a way to introduce new players to PVP without them being crushed within minutes of entering.

With the crown store selling mages, fighters etc skill lines we have experienced players with good sets being Gods in under 50 campaigns, who needs to be hit by a meteor or a dawnbreaker by a lv 20 with battle spirit.

Maybe the limit should be level 10 in alliance war skills, about a million ap, and set bonuses are disabled?

Not sure what the answer is but new players are not encouraged to learn with the current settings,
  • dennissomb16_ESO
    dennissomb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is the unfortunate side effect of any MMO that has been out for a few years. People will always play twinks so they can dominate beginners/ newly leveling players.

Might be nice to limit certain skill lines, maybe make only blue level gear available etc. (maybe even only certain beginner sets for the under 50 campaign). Of course on the other side you will get the argument that experience in the game should allow you to make these elite builds/gear because they earned it once upon a time

I remember how much fun the under 50 campaign was years ago... no longer the case.
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need a way to introduce new players to PVP without them being crushed within minutes of entering.

With the crown store selling mages, fighters etc skill lines we have experienced players with good sets being Gods in under 50 campaigns, who needs to be hit by a meteor or a dawnbreaker by a lv 20 with battle spirit.

Maybe the limit should be level 10 in alliance war skills, about a million ap, and set bonuses are disabled?

Not sure what the answer is but new players are not encouraged to learn with the current settings,

Well they have a pretty good experience if they join guilds- most players who are out there are more than willing to show them the basics and improve the experience they have....but that takes effort. Like anything at all, the more you get involved with the people doing it, the more information makes its way to you.
  • Moosey27
    Moosey27
    ✭✭
    Sound like ESO went pay to win now. This feature has kill a lot of mmos.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trying to picture how they'd do this. Lock campaign out to anyone with a max level character on their account? Account can be no more than 3 months old?
  • Potato_Salad
    Potato_Salad
    ✭✭✭
    This post is redundant as we already have a similar one that exists:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/494209/can-we-get-a-pvp-campaign-where-you-cant-animation-cancel-for-dps

Please stop making these threads already, its not gonna happen.
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about a batleground without any sort of reward and leaderbord where player can create a char like on PTS with any gear, race, class and skill setup?
    Would probably be a bit of work to develop but sure a nice thing especially for folk who do not have access to PTS.
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your first mistake was assuming that ZeniMax cares about PvP.

It’s worth pointing out that the buyable skill lines don’t give a player much of an advantage in sub 50. If you really wanna help new players you should ask ZeniMax to add standardized gear sets, that way new players would be equal footing with the futas in term of stats. The real difference in sub 50 is the gear. Also separating the campaigns further will only create another dead campaign.

To the poster above who mentioned a separate BG with no rewards futa don’t care about the rewards/AP they reroll for different reasons.
    Edited by Fur_like_snow on October 9, 2019 3:44PM
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to be in favor of tiered campaigns, but the PVP population seems far too low to support them now.

I don't think that's the main problem in AvA though. I think the main problem is that ESO is, for the most part, an *extremely* casual game that is unattractive to gamers into PVP because of PVE overhead and PVP performance issues.

So the few new players PVP does get probably think that overland PVE is a good time. IMO, few who think overland PVE is a good time will ever be into PVP.
  • Squidgaurd
    Squidgaurd
    ✭✭✭
    I feel for the new players getting stomped by twinks and sweatty tryhards is not something someone pvp curious should get. Curb stomping puppies is frowned upon.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone who spends RL money to buy skill lines to twink would spend RL money to buy a new $10 account to twink. They couldn't transfer their gold gear but that's about the only thing that has changed. You've just moved the cheese.

I feel like closing the under 50 campaign is a better idea. Leave under 50 Battlegrounds for the novices, but in most respects I think new players are safer in the faction zerg on the primary campaign until they get their feet wet.
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Holy ***, the concept of learning a game is seriously that terrifying for you? Dude, it takes less than 50 hours to become decent in pvp in this game, you seriously want to be taken by hand and have your ass cleaned by someone else? There are So many carries in this game, it's just a matter of wanting to learn the mechanics, it's that easy.
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    NEWBIES ARE DELICIOUS !
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suggest to delete Cyrodill - It's a mess, not fun anymore, laggy as hell, and probably cant be fixed.
    Instead a new PVP REAL RANKED based system can be introduced,
    Which can offer 20 vs 20 men, Duels, w/e u want
    Edited by amir412 on October 12, 2019 10:09AM
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    threads calling ZOS to do something about under50 become numerous theses last weeks/months.
    Maybe ZOS could do something, it's not hard : limit under50 to cp400-500 accounts.
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    Anyone who spends RL money to buy skill lines to twink would spend RL money to buy a new $10 account to twink.

Seriously, if anyone does this, you need to have a look at where your life is headed.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Trying to picture how they'd do this. Lock campaign out to anyone with a max level character on their account? Account can be no more than 3 months old?

Just to answer from a theoretical perspective (as it won't happen), you could:

1) Lock out people with level 50 characters is an option, but people could make an alt account and stop at 49 and still twink out other toons

2) Have all stats and damage standardized to some baseline so that gear and attribute allocations had smaller, capped effects. This pretty much makes twinking impossible so people can focus on skill and tactics at the learning stages

But this will happen right after we get servers and a high speed infrastructure that can always handle 500 players all fighting at once at a single keep with no lag
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, there's the Ebonheart Pact.
    PC EU
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah uh...
    Look. It's PvP. Your going to get beat down till you figure out how to play your toon. Even when you do, your STILL going to die....a LOT. This is the nature of PvP. This is the way PvP is. It's not standing in one spot chain casting one skill till your target dies. It's not for the faint of heart. Your not going to come in and instantly be able to kill any enemy you cross.

There are hundreds of videos to learn from. I'm sure somewhere out there is a video about starting out and some of the basics. Outside of clear cheating and some over powered mechanics, PvP does not need to change for you OP.
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dunno, I never went into the <50 campaigns. I always went into the vet campaigns even in a level 30 just looking to farm chests for motifs and get skyshards. Got wrecked alot but did a little pvp as well and did fine and learned and still go back. Now I lead groups occasionally and have a former emp character.

People are too afraid of dying in a video game. It's just a game.
    Edited by Katahdin on October 31, 2019 7:51PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dreyloch wrote: »
    Yeah uh...
    Look. It's PvP. Your going to get beat down till you figure out how to play your toon. Even when you do, your STILL going to die....a LOT. This is the nature of PvP. This is the way PvP is. It's not standing in one spot chain casting one skill till your target dies. It's not for the faint of heart. Your not going to come in and instantly be able to kill any enemy you cross.

There are hundreds of videos to learn from. I'm sure somewhere out there is a video about starting out and some of the basics. Outside of clear cheating and some over powered mechanics, PvP does not need to change for you OP.

The point was twinks in under 50, not being unwilling to learn or try
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Curious_Death
    Curious_Death
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    soooo cuuuuteee

srsly u want new players to pvp ? and then ! ZERG happen... my friend said its f* up

"bro whats going on my fps melt down to 11 and i died didnt done any dmg to them"

Happen in cp/non-cp/ and now below 50

also "pro" players who made low lvl characters just to use OP golden equipment doesn't help newcomers :wink:
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    But if that happens, how will I make a 1vX video production showing how strong my build is while I cower away from a real fight?
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The answer is that way to many think ganking and dominating equals PvP. And this is not only in the under 50 campaign.

The only hope would be a real paradigm shift in the gaming community and industries mind.
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh man, this reminds me of my first days in below-50 :)

Not only they have those skill lines, there are people who play with their alts there with all sets/golden weapons geared up

I don't know what is the joy in killing noobs like that

I'd suggest anyone to just go non-cp directly, it is the same thing but you can learn more there.

Never brought any below-50 to below-50 campaign after my first char
  • IndorilArwynLlethran
    Old PVP campaigns were better: no VR, all, and VR only.
    As for those current campaigns - I'd like to see something like:
    -810+ CP only
    -Everyone CP enabled
    -Everyone CP disabled
    -below LVL50, no account with (list of achievements related to buyable skill lines) unlocked can queue.
    For those with CP far above cap playing no CP PVP - you already have BGs ;)
  • Curious_Death
    Curious_Death
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cirantille wrote: »

Not only they have those skill lines, there are people who play with their alts there with all sets/golden weapons geared up

I'd suggest anyone to just go non-cp directly, it is the same thing but you can learn more there.

Its like stealing scrolls day by day - year by year just to get crit/hp emp buff and newcomers =) - stealing scrolls when no1 is online and waking up RLY early....

to the things u wrote... also what's kind of joy? this is the only joy for them coz in cp/non-cp they re 0 pr even below.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just forbid anyone with CPs (or over 160s CPs because anyone below it is still low PvP IMHO) to enter the campaign, and I don't mean with CPs spent. No. Anyone who have earned first CP (or 160 CPs) can't enter this campaign on any toon, only then it will be real rookie campaign.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dreyloch wrote: »
    Yeah uh...

The point was twinks in under 50, not being unwilling to learn or try

Yet it's the same concept if you come into regular cyrodiil at a less than maxed level. Sure you may have some battle spirit going for ya. But your still going to get whooped by someone who has been doing it a lot longer. I know people who get some kind of joy from twinking a toon just for the sake of killing un-suspecting noobies. Personally, I find no honor in this. Why waste all those mats making toons over and over when you hit 50? I don't think ZoS will change this aspect of the game. Just being honest and real here.
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cirantille wrote: »

I went in straight at level 10. I don't think they even HAD under 50 campaign at the beginning of the game.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Just forbid anyone with CPs (or over 160s CPs because anyone below it is still low PvP IMHO) to enter the campaign, and I don't mean with CPs spent. No. Anyone who have earned first CP (or 160 CPs) can't enter this campaign on any toon, only then it will be real rookie campaign.

Then low lv Cyrodill would turn into large BG because it would become 4v4v4 map.