Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Exorcised Coven Cottage Furnished

SickleCider
SickleCider
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIVdJstnizw

395 furnishings, night + day, quiet atmosphere
✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really beautiful witch home. Love the red and warm atmosphere. Very foresty, like its out in the styx. Great video too.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you very much! :)
  • kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amazing job i really do love it.

I have a question though, the trees all around the home is that using EHT or just trees in game. i ask as i wanted to do something similar with my cottage but was concerned the trees would take up a lot of space.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great atmosphere! :smiley: As others have commented, I love that you’ve added so many trees and the lighting is great! I also like all the alchemical and other crafting elements! :)
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you very much, both! :) I really did want the space to look functional and forested.
    kaisernick wrote: »
    Amazing job i really do love it.

I have a question though, the trees all around the home is that using EHT or just trees in game. i ask as i wanted to do something similar with my cottage but was concerned the trees would take up a lot of space.

@kaisernick PS4, so no addons for me! There's about 75-100 trees here, most of which are available from home goods furnishers. A few came with the house, and two I bought in the store with some spare crowns. I just stepped into the house, so let me get you a list of the trees I used.
    • Log, Fallen Laurel
    • Log, Fallen Pine
    • Log, Rotten Bog
    • Stump, Rotten Pine
    • Stump, Rotten Hollow
    • Stump, Fetid Swamp
    • Tree, Dead Marsh (came with home)
    • Tree, Ancient Rotten (came with home)
    • Tree, Dead Swamp (came with home)
    • Tree, Strong Withered
    • Tree, Towering Withered
    • Tree, Towering Mountain Pine
    • Tree, Foothills Pine
    • Tree, Ancient Mountain Pine
    • Tree, Sturdy Summer (I used these in the mid ground forest to fill in foliage gaps)
    • Saplings, Juniper Cluster (another gap filler)
    • Sapling, Tall Scrub (almost identical to "Tree, Sturdy Summer," but way cheaper)
    • Sapling, Cliffside (used to create the effect of branches hanging over spaces)
    • Tree, Sturdy Crabapple
    • Tree, Blooming Crabapple
    • Tree, Dead Pine
    • Tree, Yellowing Oak
    • Tree, Heavy Ash (more overhang branches)
    • Tree, Wretched Cypress (crown store)
    • Tree, Fetid Cypress (crown store)
    • Tree, Autumn Cherry Blossom (the red foliage next to the yellowing oaks)
    • Tree, Ancient Ginkgo (these trees are massive, and they have a paler foliage; I set them off in the distance behind the other trees to create a sense of depth and help control the light coming through the foliage)
    Now, a really neat thing you can do is place trees outside of the house's bounds. That's how I got the really dense forest effect. A friend actually taught me that trick. :)
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Versispellis Thank you so much for providing some details on how you created your wonderful forest! :smiley:
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ErinM31 No problem! PS, you seem like a super nice person. This is the second one of my threads you've been in.
  • kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Versispellis Thank you so much, that will really help with my forrest idea, also thank you for the tip i didnt know you could place items outside the walls it has made the plan so much easier.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @kaisernick No problem! I'd like to see yours when it's done! Yeah, re: the trees, I'm not sure how my friend thought to try it. I would have assumed there'd be a bounding box, but nope! The only limit is how far you're able to chuck something over the wall.
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Versispellis , really lovely lighting and coloring! beautiful work 🥂
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Delphinia Thank you so much! I'm so glad people are liking the effort I put into the color palette. :)
  • Cireous
    Cireous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because of your video, every time I ported to Exorcised Coven today to sift through all its stored Lux-vendor furniture, I became sad. I think it's time to rethink this one as a storage house. :star:inspired
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cireous wrote: »
    Because of your video, every time I ported to Exorcised Coven today to sift through all its stored Lux-vendor furniture, I became sad. I think it's time to rethink this one as a storage house. :star:inspired

Aaaaa! <3 Hey, make sure you come back and show me what you end up doing.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a fantastic build - the cottage is one of my favorite houses.

What did you use to make that little lean to on the side of the cottage, because it looks great - like it was part of the original house!
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    This was a lovely video! Thank you for taking the time to put this together. I always love to see little creative touches like the moths flying around the light sources. Great work! :)
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @anadandy @ZOS_JesC Aaaa, thank you so much! <3
    What did you use to make that little lean to on the side of the cottage, because it looks great - like it was part of the original house!

I used the Argonian Canopy, Reed, faced the opening toward the cottage so the rough wooden lattice is on the exterior, and just inserted a couple of those laundry poles for support structures. I used the canopy as the roof of the stable as well (the rest is Elsweyr platforms). The smaller one on the other side of the cottage is the Argonian Tent, Reed, just tilted inward so the pole connects to the house's exterior.
    Edited by SickleCider on November 26, 2019 5:06PM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @anadandy @ZOS_JesC Aaaa, thank you so much! <3

I used the Argonian Canopy, Reed, faced the opening toward the cottage so the rough wooden lattice is on the exterior, and just inserted a couple of those laundry poles for support structures. I used the canopy as the roof of the stable as well (the rest is Elsweyr platforms). The smaller one on the other side of the cottage is the Argonian Tent, Reed, just tilted inward so the pole connects to the house's exterior.

I love your creative solutions to everything — lovely forest and crafting area included! :smiley: Very inspiring!
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Araneae6537 Thank you! :) I'm glad you like it!
    Edited by SickleCider on November 26, 2019 8:09PM
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lovely home! Since you're also on PS4 would you mind if I saw it in person? I love the witches home so very much because I've seen such wild transformations of it! An ayelid temple, a mausoleum, a haunted pumpkin realm, and now an awesome forest dwelling.

I just love how customizable this place is and like visiting them as a result. It's okay if not, just thought I'd ask.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on November 29, 2019 7:22AM
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Beautiful, absolutely amazing so creative. :o

Thanks for sharing. I only wish I could be fraction as good as you are.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @spartaxoxo Sure! I'll PM you my PSN. Just remind me who you are in your friend request. The cottage is my primary residence, so you can just go ahead and take a look. I'm thrilled you want to see it! It comes with a price, though: if you have any screenshots of some of those other versions, I want to see them! :)

@Hotdog_23 Thank you so much! I'm sure you could produce something lovely! If you have any questions, feel free to ask me.
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A very nicely decorated house. Well done. Have an Awesome. :)
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Watchdog wrote: »
    A very nicely decorated house. Well done. Have an Awesome. :)

Thank you very much! <3
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Very nice.

I like the eclectic feel, the cosiness of the red Salt Lamps and the way you have layered the green and red vines. :smile:
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    By the way, can I just ask which bottles they are at 2:20?

The little tear-shaped ones, with the corks?
    Edited by Tigerseye on December 15, 2019 3:52AM
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Tigerseye Thank you very much! <3
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    By the way, can I just ask which bottles they are at 2:20?

The little tear-shaped ones, with the corks?

They are the "Touch of Plague" item that you can get from the Achievement furnisher in Mournhold. I use them EVERYWHERE. :D Much more accessible than the liquor bottles.

• Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wiches’ Festival is coming up and I believe that will mean that the Exorcises Coven Cottage will be available again! If you enjoy housing, I would encourage you to get it if you haven’t already!

Bumping this thread for inspiration! I love all of this build by @Versispellis but I especially love how they created a forest for their cottage (and love that they provided info on the trees used to do so! :kissing_heart: ). Check it out! :smiley:
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wiches’ Festival is coming up and I believe that will mean that the Exorcises Coven Cottage will be available again! If you enjoy housing, I would encourage you to get it if you haven’t already!

Bumping this thread for inspiration! I love all of this build by @Versispellis but I especially love how they created a forest for their cottage (and love that they provided info on the trees used to do so! :kissing_heart: ). Check it out! :smiley:

Tysm!! 🖤 Yes, indeed, the house will be available again! And remember: if you fulfill Witches Festival achievements you can purchase the house with gold!