The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

ESO causing full Windows log out?

Blackbriar_Thorn
Over the last month or so I've been experiencing strange log outs while playing ESO, not from the game itself but my entire windows system almost CTD style. The log outs only appear to happen while in game, never while working with other programs such as Word/Excel or having thing run in the background such as Spotify/Discord. I haven't found any commonality to actions in game either such as crafting/overworld/dungeons, it seems to happen completely at random without warning.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas what might be causing these log outs or how to fix it?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Blackbriar_Thorn

One possibility is that another program on your PC is causing the entire system to reboot. You can reboot your PC into a selective startup then play ESO to see if that is the case.

How do I put my computer in selective startup mode?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Mickydanz
    Mickydanz
    ✭✭✭
    It might be an overheating problem? My laptop use to overheat, got a stand with a fan helped a bit. Also eso has a memory leak problem which makes your cpu work harder, might be over worked.
    Cropsford Mayor
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i've had 6 ESO has suddenly stopped working crashes in the last 1hr 4 in Cyrodil and 2 in IC they started yesterday in Cyrodil i did a full game repair and still the same issue, have no problems outside of PvP (so far)