The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Blue Jewelry Writ out of control

• Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    Asardes wrote: »
    They should decrease the drop rate, and buff the voucher number to 40-50 to balance things.
    They already tried buffing the voucher reward though. If they do it again the mat prices will just go up again?

Yes, prices will rise. Isn't this all about demand/supply?! Yes it is.

Amount of vouchers granted and ratio of drops are fine as they are: not everyone has 18 chars doing writs.

Since a lot of the iridium on the market drops from writs, directly or indirectly (surveys and refinement), they're strongly connected to each other. So it's irrelevant if there are few players doing 18 characters and many doing just 1-2 characters, the result is pretty much the same.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should decrease the drop rate, and buff the voucher number to 40-50 to balance things.
    They already tried buffing the voucher reward though. If they do it again the mat prices will just go up again?

Yes, prices will rise. Isn't this all about demand/supply?! Yes it is.

Amount of vouchers granted and ratio of drops are fine as they are: not everyone has 18 chars doing writs.

Since a lot of the iridium on the market drops from writs, directly or indirectly (surveys and refinement), they're strongly connected to each other. So it's irrelevant if there are few players doing 18 characters and many doing just 1-2 characters, the result is pretty much the same.

I don't believe the results are the same as it is easier to keep up on materials with fewer characters. I get plenty of Iridium by deconstructing jewelry and from refining platinum I get while running dailies and open world content. From what I can see on two characters it is a pretty good match between resources and writs as I end up with a bit more Iridium than I need for the number of writs I receive. The only exception are those that require Triune but that has to do with the trait material costs not Iridium. Even including the Triune writs I think jewelry blue writs are in a pretty good place for those of us that aren't mega crafters and would like to see things stay the same as they are.
  • Dracofyre
    Dracofyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    i wonder why devs doesnt listen, this is huge problem.
    dont they realized auction/guild merchants are flooded with unfinishable blue writs.
    sound like, "you can have those writs but no hirelings or cant have this traits!", look like we get jewelry craft with our teeth, no hands allowed.
    those iridium prices is crazy, writs outpacing far faster than we get iridium grains/plates.

we have problems with harvestbots, and often they overlap each other. someplace were easier to get and they are more heavy ran zones, malabor tor are less travelled zone because of environments and rough terrain, and lot of hidden mobs. i dont have time to stop and fighting the wasps.

devs, this is just a game and you are suppose to provide entertainments, not the frustrations. stop being as lawyers.
    Edited by Dracofyre on November 21, 2019 7:06AM
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jewelry crafting is a great example of ZOS taking something that wasnt broke( the crafting system) trying to "make it better" and instead breaking it and then leaving it and moving to something else. The system we had worked just fine. If they wanted to make Jewelry a little more rare they could have just lowered the resource nodes and cut the jewelry drop down.

This improved system is garbage.
  • Tatanko
    Tatanko
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't believe the results are the same as it is easier to keep up on materials with fewer characters.
    The person you were replying to was discussing things from a statistical standpoint. Your opinion seems to be based around how much effort you personally feel like investing, which has nothing to do with statistics.
    Silvanus the Gilded
    Merchant, Scholar, and Benefactor
    Imperial Templar - PC/NA
    Learn More
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tatanko wrote: »
    I don't believe the results are the same as it is easier to keep up on materials with fewer characters.
    The person you were replying to was discussing things from a statistical standpoint. Your opinion seems to be based around how much effort you personally feel like investing, which has nothing to do with statistics.

Yes, I actually measured how many grains, platings, surveys and writs I get every day. Also if you simply compare the MM prices for various items it's clear as daylight the blue writs aren't worth doing, regardless of trait. It's always more profitable to sell the upgrade material, and thrash those. I do deconstruct jewelry, even blue and green one since they grain value, vs. the probability of getting it back (60-65% with all the passives) is still better than sell value to either NPC or guild (some exceptions, like Spinner, Necropotence, Spriggan, where blue jewelry is still more valuable than the grains it contains). Still the proportion between the crafting derived ones and the recycled ones is very large. Also casual pickup or farming will amount to some quantity of platings on the market, but it's way harder to pick 2-3 dusts from every node than pick up a 120-150 from every survey, every 20-30s. I mean I can pick 6-8K from my surveys in an hour or less.
    Edited by Asardes on November 22, 2019 1:00PM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes it was about statistics but they have to be taken in context of this thread where mega crafters are saying they want to see changes. Part of the thread I was quoting was proposing a reduction in blue writ drop rates because they can't keep up with materials.

In the end it does boil down to how much effort a player wants to put into it as to whether the blue writs are worth it or not. I can well understand that someone crafting across 18 characters or 13 or 10 might not want to invest the time to obtain materials for refining and deconstruction. However ZOS should not be balancing the drop rates for this type of player nor should they be balancing them for those players that collect materials to sell. Right now the rate seems to be pretty balanced for those of us with a few crafters. It doesn't take much additional time, if any, to collect the materials needed for refining or deconstruction and the blue writs actually give us something we can complete.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yes it was about statistics but they have to be taken in context of this thread where mega crafters are saying they want to see changes. Part of the thread I was quoting was proposing a reduction in blue writ drop rates because they can't keep up with materials.

In the end it does boil down to how much effort a player wants to put into it as to whether the blue writs are worth it or not. I can well understand that someone crafting across 18 characters or 13 or 10 might not want to invest the time to obtain materials for refining and deconstruction. However ZOS should not be balancing the drop rates for this type of player nor should they be balancing them for those players that collect materials to sell. Right now the rate seems to be pretty balanced for those of us with a few crafters. It doesn't take much additional time, if any, to collect the materials needed for refining or deconstruction and the blue writs actually give us something we can complete.

Thank you for saying this, I wanted to myself but thought my voice as someone with only a few crafters might not be heard.

I only recently started doing daily jewelry crafting writs on the two toons that have maxed the skill, and did my first blue master writ with arcane trait today. I gave away two master writs with bloodthirsty trait to friends who do trials.

I like the recent changes, it is only now worth it to bother with anything other than crafting jewelry for your own characters.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ...my voice as someone with only a few crafters might not be heard.

"someone with only a few crafters" -- that's still probably more crafters than everyone on Consoles.
    People with just 1 crafter is probably ZOS's benchmark and that would probably be most people on consoles because they can't use mods.

Someone posting with, say, 18 crafters, is basically saying, "over 18x as much time, this is what things might look like". It does come with assumptions but it's not necessarily more valid than someone with fewer crafters. It just probably smooths out some RNG factors that might skew a smaller time sample.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on November 23, 2019 6:49AM
  • NeptunXIV
    NeptunXIV
    ✭✭
    I honestly just destroy most jewelry writs in general. Never really worth it unless you have a tonne of platings you're willing to waste.
    EU scrub on PC/NA810 CP#BardKnockLifeESO-Database • Other half: @LtSnowballin

50 | Loreleii Caemoriin Excavates-The-Antiquities: // Altmer Argonian Magsorc DPS // Grand Master Crafter
    Because I'm an altoholic:
    PvE;
    50 | Zoloft gra-Prozac: // Orc Stamcro DPS
    Cofiwch Dryweryn: // Dunmer Magblade DPS
    Menagerie Manager: // Imperial Magsorc DPS // Meme build

50 | Revives-The-Inept: // Argonian Magcro Healer
    50 | Healies-Your-Feelies: // Argonian Stamden Healer

50 | Pankei-Io: // Argonian Magden Tank

PvP;
    50 | Heals-The-Incompetent: // Argonian Magplar Healer // Former Empress // EP
    Purges-The-Inadequate: // Argonian Magplar Healer // DC

Ğomija Sun-Eater: // Orc "Goblin" Stamplar DPS // EP

RP
    Cleans-The-Floor: // Argonian Magplar // Poor floor sweeper working for a mean Breton family. Cleans is very shy and apologetic - a people-pleaser even to those undeserving. She was found as an egg in Murkmire, near Blackrose Prison, with a weathered and unreadable note. Her scales are pale from spending all of her time indoors cleaning, and she is 1/64th Naga.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NeptunXIV wrote: »
    I honestly just destroy most jewelry writs in general. Never really worth it unless you have a tonne of platings you're willing to waste.

I sell the purple ones for 13-15K and the gold ones for 30-35K. But the blue ones have fallen under 500 gold so I destroy them.

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been doing the blue writs now if they don't require triune or infused trait. I have plenty of green and blue platings. Purple on the other hand is imo the rarest substance in the game. It needs an increase in drop rate.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been doing the blue writs now if they don't require triune or infused trait. I have plenty of green and blue platings. Purple on the other hand is imo the rarest substance in the game. It needs an increase in drop rate.

It now drops in writs pretty regularly. That's why the price halved in the last 2-3 months and purple writs are now viable.

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ...my voice as someone with only a few crafters might not be heard.

"someone with only a few crafters" -- that's still probably more crafters than everyone on Consoles.
    People with just 1 crafter is probably ZOS's benchmark and that would probably be most people on consoles because they can't use mods.

Someone posting with, say, 18 crafters, is basically saying, "over 18x as much time, this is what things might look like". It does come with assumptions but it's not necessarily more valid than someone with fewer crafters. It just probably smooths out some RNG factors that might skew a smaller time sample.

I’m not sure why you assume that. I’m on PS4, I have 4 crafters but only 2 are maxed on jewelry. It takes just seconds to do a daily crafting writ. I wouldn’t use a mod to do that anyway.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Dracofyre
    Dracofyre
    ✭✭✭✭
    still not heard from devs yet.
    those blue writs were treated like toilet papers and not enough survey map when we need the most.

doing purple/epic wouldnt be wise either, due to not supplying grains/plates fast enough and higher cost to upgrade any jewelries. most players would skip any writs and not upgrading so they go for master vendors in PvP inner city for 100k gold gears.

suggested idea.
    1. reduce blue master writs and upped random grains on ore nodes with survey maps, and find few random grains from psijisic portals.
    2. realign ratio drops, drop random green/blue drops from delve bosses, dolmen/world bosses, more purple drops from trial/elite dungeon bosses. open public dungeons are less drop than one time spawn trial bosses to prevent over farming on respawning bosses. make then flagged once, make them go to other dungeons to prevent gathering exploits.
    3. add few more "double drops events"

we still have problems with harvestbots.
    Edited by Dracofyre on December 24, 2019 8:35AM
  • Jthomas56
    Jthomas56
    ✭✭✭
    The cost of iridium & Terne platings, Aubric Amber, & Dibellium has tripled or quadrupled since the introduction of blue writs. The supply ow these writs is greater than what farming nodes, and decon’ing jewelry can support.

I personally cannot wait until iridium platings sell for more than chromium plating... smh