The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

DPS parse help.

warrenr
warrenr
Soul Shriven
I am currently hitting a wall on my DPS parse. I main a stamina warden and am still using the maelstrom duel wield build (5 piece rele, 5 piece briarheart all divines and masters bow infused weapon damage enchant). I was able to hit 47k dps last patch when DOTs where very overpowered, now I am only able to hit 40-41k. I would appreciate any advise breaking through this wall im facing (I know that loke from vSS would be better), Does any one else have any other builds and or rotations that work better for them?

Also important note: I am hitting that DPS on the normal 3 million dummy.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    warrenr wrote: »
    I am currently hitting a wall on my DPS parse. I main a stamina warden and am still using the maelstrom duel wield build (5 piece rele, 5 piece briarheart all divines and masters bow infused weapon damage enchant). I was able to hit 47k dps last patch when DOTs where very overpowered, now I am only able to hit 40-41k. I would appreciate any advise breaking through this wall im facing (I know that loke from vSS would be better), Does any one else have any other builds and or rotations that work better for them?

Also important note: I am hitting that DPS on the normal 3 million dummy.

This seems in line with the nerfs in damage from the Dragonhold patch. Your drop in DPS isn't from your rotation or skill as a player, (though it's always an admirable trait to try improvement) it's from Zos and thier attempt at addressing power creep.

What can you do aside from practicing? Nothing.
    Your drop in DPS, as I said, is in line with Zos's goals. It sucks, I know...but it's not you.
    Edited by Kel on November 23, 2019 3:20AM
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel your pain.
    The above poster is correct.
    It's the nerfs that ZoS just implemented.
    It sucks and I'm quite angry about it myself.

Average players like ourselves just got obliterated. Good luck getting into any vet trials now. Most still want 60K-70K dps to participate.

So keep humping that dps dummy and hope you can develop robot like timing or forget getting any improvement unless they ease up on the nerfs.
    Edited by Katahdin on November 23, 2019 6:25PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Rungar
    Rungar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    I feel your pain.
    The above poster is correct.
    It's the nerfs that ZoS just implemented.
    It sucks and I'm quite angry about it myself.

Average players like ourselves just got obliterated. Good luck getting into any vet trials now. Most still want 60K-70K dps to participate.

So keep humping that dps dummy and hope you can develop robot like timing or forget getting any improvement unless they ease up on the nerfs.

maybe the real reason why you fail is because it is robot timing. i.e the jokes on you.
    It's 0.0666 of a second to midnight.

Rungar's Mystical Emporium
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PSA: if you need help with your DPS parse it's a good idea to link your parse. Either as esolog or just a CMX screenshot. This way people can take a look and tell you what's actually wrong.

Unless you are on console. In this case... uh, sorry?
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What's your rotation?

I'd ditch the vMA DW- I have tested it and it no longer outperforms setups that use a monster set. Briarheart's always good, but I've found AY to be better in group play and, if you're playing solo, Dragonguard Elite is even stronger (I wouldn't use this in groups though since you generally never want to be in front of the boss).

I can hit above 45k consistently in the PTS using imperfect rele, Dragonguard, infused vMA bow (I prefer it to the Master's). Nirnhoned axe main hand, sharpened dagger off hand, damage health IX poisons on DW. Jewels all bloodthirsty with weapon damage enchants. Velidreth monster set.

Front bar: sub assault, dive, whirling blades, trap, bird of prey
    Back bar: endless hail, netch, poison injection, growing swarm, bird of prey

Keep up hail, injection, netch, trap, swarm and do the usual shalks -> two skills-> repeat, using dive when you don't need to refresh something. Replace Dive with whirling blades in execute.

Dunno how similar this is to what people typically do- I main a Magden so I just use the same rotation style ..