Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Chokethorn Nerf/Bug

SoixanteNeuf
SoixanteNeuf
✭✭✭
Chokethorn is one of the most popular battleground sets in this meta and is run by healers and non-healers alike because of the properties below.

It currently heals through walls and has a 25m+ healing range. I don't think the beam respects elevation either.

btur7Sd.png

It has a stronger tooltip than most damage sets except (arguably) Zaans as well - considering that defiles are rare and healing isn't mitigated by resists/blocks/dodge rolls like damage is.

6xle710.jpg

Edited by SoixanteNeuf on November 23, 2019 12:23PM
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Y'all just don't get it. You nerf advocates will bring anything and everything and ask for it to be nerfed.

STOP👏
    ASKING👏
    FOR👏
    NERFS👏

You fools just will not be satisfied until everything is nerfed into uselessness.

Edit to add: Your post history suggests you frequently advocate for nerfs.
    What do you want this game to become, everyone wearing no gear, having no skills, just punching eachother to death?
    What will you ask to be nerfed then, punch speed?

Get real...😖
    Edited by Kel on November 23, 2019 4:16AM
  • SoixanteNeuf
    SoixanteNeuf
    ✭✭✭
    I'll advocate for buffs that make the game faster/exciting and vice versa, for nerfs to things that are cheesy/slow this game down.

The only thing I want nerfed into uselessness is half-witted assumptions like your post.
  • a_salty_pirate
    a_salty_pirate
    ✭✭✭
    All proc set's overperform in no-CP.
    But like it or not, the game is balanced for CP and chokethorn is pretty average in CP.

The actual set doesn't need a nerf, but having it not adhering to LoS feels more like a bug than a deliberate feature of the set and that should be addressed.
    Definitely not a spy.

PC NA - Formerly Xbox NA
    Toons:
    • Mchappy-Heal ~ PvE Magplar DPS/Heals (AD)
    • Bug-Breath ~ PvE Dragonknight Tank (EP)
    • Guilty-Of-Crime ~ PvE Stamblade DPS (AD)
    • Lil-Miss-Warmsnatch ~ PvE/PvP Magblade DPS (AD)
    • Make-Auridon-Great-Again ~ PvP Magsorc DPS (AD)
    • Geralt's Best Friend ~ PvP Stamwarden DPS (AD)
    • Baby Wings ~ PvP Stam DK DPS (AD)
    • Argonian-Leather-Salesman ~ PvP Mag DK DPS (AD)
    • Erects-Spine-For-Gold ~PvP MagWarden Healer (AD)
    • Shogun of the Salt ~ PvP MagNecro Healer/DPS (AD)
    • Borc the Stamplorc ~ PvP Stamplar DPS (AD)
    • Bawque the Stamsorc ~ PvP Stamsorc DPS (AD)
    • Bohk of Some Renown ~ PvP StamNecro DPS/Support (AD)
    • Boark the Half-Breton Orc ~ PvP Magplar Healer (AD)
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    All proc set's overperform in no-CP.
    But like it or not, the game is balanced for CP and chokethorn is pretty average in CP.

The actual set doesn't need a nerf, but having it not adhering to LoS feels more like a bug than a deliberate feature of the set and that should be addressed.

Words of a person who very clearly does not play no-CP , and one who doesn't have a clear definition of what is a proc set. Do you also consider bone pirate as a proc set? Or perhaps desert rose? What about barkskin? Does that overperform too?

Proc sets DO NOT overperform in no-CP. Sets and stats in general have bigger importance in no-cp because there is no CP in no-cp (duh.) Obviously that means there's much less power creep and that suddenly makes sets , race, mundus etc much more important in no-cp. Gearing up is one of the most fun aspects of non-cp PvP because you have to make up for the lack of CP sustain and tankyness, and try to overcome your weakness as a certain class, like say I'm a Dk main and all my builds take my natural lack of mobility into account. Also a lot of sets that might be trash in CP can be used to create unique gameplay patterns. Like as a stamDK, did you know that I used to wear poisonous serpent as a pseudo-spammable? Just a little example, that the generalization and hate towards proc sets in no-cp is not right.

They do have their place and they add a lot of build diversity, Its just about balancing them properly.

Believe it or not ''class identity'' is also better in no-cp because your strengths and weaknesses are more clear as you can't use CP to generalize your build and have overkill sustain on every spec. There are obviously exceptions to all this but overall I feel like CP campaign became less and less enjoyable as CP cap kept increasing.

But back on topic, I think its clear some of the healing related sets are too strong for how safe and easy they are to use. As OP said , damage related procs like say viper, red mountain , selene , velidreth,skoria etc can be negated via block,dodge,resistances. However to healing related proc sets , they used to be kept in check via defiles but now that defile is really rare Its honestly very tough to deal with it.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on November 23, 2019 7:26AM
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OP just rename the title from nerf to bug. Because clearly you are not asking for specific nerfs but for a bug fix of the set that will lead to nerf. But this is a different thing.
    Because I can!
  • Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorc becomes overpower with Chokethorn. NerfSorc.com
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kel wrote: »
    STOP👏
    ASKING👏
    FOR👏
    NERFS👏
    ^
    give-that-man-a-cookie.jpg?w=680
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on November 23, 2019 11:28AM
  • SoixanteNeuf
    SoixanteNeuf
    ✭✭✭
    Abyssmol wrote: »
    Sorc becomes overpower with Chokethorn. NerfSorc.com

Lol it's actually quite commonly run by matriarch sorcs these days because the range is so far, they can streak without breaking the beam. If I'm not mistaken, Dark deal triggers it too but I need to double check.
    Bashev wrote: »
    OP just rename the title from nerf to bug. Because clearly you are not asking for specific nerfs but for a bug fix of the set that will lead to nerf. But this is a different thing.

Thanks man, fixed.