The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Reset password.

sjellicott_ESO
sjellicott_ESO
Soul Shriven
Why do I have to reset my password EVERY single time I try to log into forum?
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you either are erasing your history too many times or you haven't checked the keep me signed in box
  • RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just open a ticket, they will see the account reset history, there is not a soul on this forum that can help you.

Also, I support you venting. :D
    Edited by RefLiberty on November 20, 2019 11:28PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos' contractor for the forums chose to reset passwords for some reason. While Gina did make a statement after the fact that is hidden in a player created thread she did not have the correct information.

Since my PW was the same for the website, game, and forums. When I changed it in the website it changed everywhere it seems the contractor broke that link. There could be something else part of that but since I changed my PW just a few months ago it has nothing to do with a PW expiring.
  • CiliPadi
    CiliPadi
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Zos' contractor for the forums chose to reset passwords for some reason. While Gina did make a statement after the fact that is hidden in a player created thread she did not have the correct information.

Since my PW was the same for the website, game, and forums. When I changed it in the website it changed everywhere it seems the contractor broke that link. There could be something else part of that but since I changed my PW just a few months ago it has nothing to do with a PW expiring.

You should not make the game account password the same as your forum account password. If the forums got hacked, your game account could be compromised. I'd suggest using different passwords for both.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CiliPadi wrote: »

You should not make the game account password the same as your forum account password. If the forums got hacked, your game account could be compromised. I'd suggest using different passwords for both.

Truth. However.... the process for me seemed to be set in stone - want a forum account? PM a mod, and at that point, your forum login and pw are seemingly set in stone. Nowhere did it tell me that my forum account name did NOT need to be my ingame account name.

Which I very much regret not knowing now.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was a recent reset where everyone had to reset their password, but it sounds like you've got a different issue if you have to reset you password EVERY time you sign in.

If checking your settings to stay signed in doesn't help, your best bet is to contact Support and then add your ticket number to this thread in case a Mod stops by to help out.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree everything should have a different password, but considering I stated that when I changed it on the website it changed it everywhere I had no reason to think the forums could have a different PW.

If you look at your profile there is no place that indicates one can change their PW. You have to go into a separate tab I have had no reason to visit to find where one can change their PW. One could say you should look everywhere possible, but that really is not reasonable.

But thx for the advice anyhow.
  • CiliPadi
    CiliPadi
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree everything should have a different password, but considering I stated that when I changed it on the website it changed it everywhere I had no reason to think the forums could have a different PW.

If you look at your profile there is no place that indicates one can change their PW. You have to go into a separate tab I have had no reason to visit to find where one can change their PW. One could say you should look everywhere possible, but that really is not reasonable.

Yes, you can change your forum password in your profile. Click on the gear icon next to your forum name, edit profile, change my password. here's a direct link to it:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/profile/password

Hope that helps.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, you can change your forum password in your profile. Click on the gear icon next to your forum name, edit profile, change my password. here's a direct link to it:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/profile/password

Hope that helps.

I am obviously aware of that now. Thx again for trying to help.

I clearly indicated that in what you quoted. Also, there is another path.
    Edited by idk on November 21, 2019 3:42AM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As there is already another thread for discussing this issue, we will be closing this thread. You can continue the discussion in the thread linked below.

Admin changed my password? Zos were you hacked?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.