The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Was I hacked?

Sixsixsix161
Sixsixsix161
✭✭✭
So, I needed to get on the forum to ask a question. Now, I keep myself always logged in to the forum, but that dropped off a couple of months ago, and I didn't think anything about it because that usually happens several times per year and I just have to log in again.

So, I entered my email info, and then put the password in, and I got red text saying:

"You need to reset your password. This is most likely because an administrator recently changed your account information. Click here to reset your password."

The reason I'm questioning this is because there was nothing in my email from any administrator, or the people who would help out with account problems.

Does that mean that my email was changed somehow? Because that would tell me I was likely hacked. Also, when you do a reset, you have to put in your e-mail account, and they would have had to change that somehow by convincing an administrator that it was wrong, and I don't think they would do that so easily.

Anyway, as you can see, I'm here. I finally got my password reset. Just very strange things happening.

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.