Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Campaign Changes over the past 19 months. (Consoles)

Emothic
Emothic
✭✭✭✭
It has been 19 months since I last played ESO. Of which is on the Xbox One: NA server. I started to play a little bit over the past two or three days, but today I went into campaigns and see how much the game has changed since that time. Of which it has changed a bit since then: Faction locking, Campaign locking (don't know why that's a thing though), thre new outposts, milgates and bridges can be destoryed, and whatever Volendrung is. The biggest change for me is to see is that the Daggerfall Convenant is completely dominating the campaigns. No doubt that there have been other changes.

But out of those changes, I've notice that some things haven't changed at all: Long loading screens, low FPS in larger battles, random loading screens when running from place to place, kicked into loading screens so a keep/outpost changes flags, and as always. Game crashings. I've even updated hardware and internet speeds over the past 19 months, but still its as if there hasn't been a change to stability at all.

What is happening to campaigns? Is there nothing to be done? I've noticed another change that is just as bad as what I listed above. And that's fewer actual campaigns (3 in total) and only 1 is actually populated. I remember a time when there was 5 - 7 total campaigns, and half of them were fully populated. But now this? I know this is cliche, but campaigns is dying. Slowly, but steadily. No doubt this is in due to in part by the lack of development support that campaigns get compared to the PVE content of the game. I mean PVE is what makes the game it's money. But it saddens me as a person who played campaigns nearly every single day for two years, seeing this after not playing the game for nearly two years.

In my vision, I fear what might become of campaigns at this rate. I mean, what would it be like in another two years? Maybe what I'm seeing is just a few bumps in the road, and after a time those bumps will be passed and things will get better. Or perhaps it could get worse and campaigns could turn into almost literal dead game activity.
Lord Emothic Von Hellsing of ze Hellsing Family.
Dragon Knight of the Ebonheart Pact. Xbox One - NA
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not only has performance not improved, it's somehow gotten worse over the years.

Combine that with the haphazard approach they've been taking to balancing skills and classes and you can see why so many long term players have finally gotten fed up and moved on.
  • Emothic
    Emothic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not only has performance not improved, it's somehow gotten worse over the years.

Combine that with the haphazard approach they've been taking to balancing skills and classes and you can see why so many long term players have finally gotten fed up and moved on.

I'm not suprised they are doing that. They have always taken this approach in "balancing" PvP in campaigns. It always comes in the form of adding a new type of armor set that is so OP that everyone is using it. Instead of balancing it, they just add a new armor set to counter-act the previous one. But now this new one is OP. Espeically when they added armor sets to "fight against zergs" but what ended up happening is that zergs ran that armor set and had the complete opposite effect.
    Lord Emothic Von Hellsing of ze Hellsing Family.
    Dragon Knight of the Ebonheart Pact. Xbox One - NA
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Viper! I agree with everything you have said. I’ve been taking a break too due to the lack of performance fixes and blues breaking the campaign. The boosting going on in the non locked campaign is another reason I stay out of there.
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Karivaa wrote: »

Hi Viper! I agree with everything you have said. I’ve been taking a break too due to the lack of performance fixes and blues breaking the campaign. The boosting going on in the non locked campaign is another reason I stay out of there.

Hi Kari/Cari! I don't blame you at all. I just came back from a few months break, but this crap is making me want to dip right back out again.
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, me being one of original ESO members currently playing (5+yrs) But since this is console version, I’ll write this (though same as PC) Way back in 2015, Console (I play PS4 EU, so will go there) In 2015 faction lock was a thing. Originally you had 3 races per alliance right? (Still is) plus imperial race. (Can be any alliance) some people thought this wasn’t fair that Imperial could play different alliance.

Hence there was a new option to buy this play any race in any alliance came to be. (Unsure what called) save for again Imperial since is separate option to pay. But in order for to keep ESO close to original Molag Bal story line) (not to mention again race are still currently faction locked to this day.) Hence original faction locked came to be, once play any race any alliance had been released. However there was a glitch in the group finder. People who have multiples on different alliances (like me) went back and fourth and glitch the group finder. Meaning the leader of group could take your toon of different alliance to leader campaign and vice versa.

But only group leader. (I’m confusing in this part. However speaking for me. The original faction lock that group finder glitched, I was serving DC and was loyal in 1st Scourge PS4 EU. But Once 1st Scourge was accidentally deleted. That’s when the original faction lock was deleted. When 2nd Scourge came back. Faction lock was no more (save for faction lock if haven’t bought the play any faction and race thing in crown store. Still there if you New player) One Tamerial was released. When to play in any alliance Cadwell story quest in no particular order.

(Originally with fact lock, you’ll all see blue if your blue) to this day it’s the same. However, very recently for pc and console. Faction lock came back in this recent chapter. This time ZOS learned from past mistakes of the original faction lock. Hence faction is locked in all campaign. Save for the new 30day campaign(replacing 7 day yol) is not faction locked. Group finder is fixed and not able to go in locked campaign faction swapping until locked campaign is done currently (with exception of new 30 day campaign laa) so that’s most of it about faction lock. It’s not really new. But am glad we had option to different alliance in laa. I’m sure Imperial city can switch different alliance to (uncertain) think that’s why they to move Imperial city out. That’s a first in 5+ yrs.
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Kari/Cari! I don't blame you at all. I just came back from a few months break, but this crap is making me want to dip right back out again.

I’m back on AD FYI but haven’t seen you lol.’

• oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I’m back on AD FYI but haven’t seen you lol.’

Was busy during the holidays and took a little break to jam on some Battlefield. Back now though, but you already know that =P