The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

House Tips and Tricks Megathread

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello all, I created a housing tips thread in order to get various housing ideas as well as contribute various ideas to the community:

First, if you are on PC, download the addon Essential Housing Tools, its essential for those who like to get details like alignment correctly and has many more features necessary for housing enthusiasts.

Feel free to contribute below.

The bottom side of the clockwork junk heap small and the larger variant can be used as dark colored grey soil in your house. This is great for houses in volcanic regions as the soil is in a similar shade.
Edited by Aliyavana on October 20, 2019 11:04PM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for starting this thread!

A tip from my spouse. The dwarven pipes can be used with the Hlaalu Chiminea if you want to vent the smoke outside.

Also, I wanted to link this old thread, as there are some good tips in there, as well.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Jaimeh on October 21, 2019 9:02PM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »

Agreed, i should link that but i didnt comment on it so i wouldnt necro
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Jaimeh wrote: »

Agreed, i should link that but i didnt comment on it so i wouldnt necro

That's the same thread I linked. I noticed last post was February 3, so yeah, it kinda went stale. That's why I thought a fresh thread would be good, but I also wanted to link in the old thread since there're still some great tips in there. :smile:
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For PC: Get Essential Housing Tools. Get Deco Track. Get Magic Carpet.

You can hide things inside of other furnishings, and use the fact that the inside and outside of a house are separate zones.
    Is that plank too long for inside the house? That's ok, just stick it through an outside wall, it won't show at all outside. Now your chandeliers can hang from something other than thin air!
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on October 22, 2019 5:57PM
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure wish we had addons for Xbox.
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be nice to get some tools for ps4 like an auto leveling tool for flooring just got done doing an 42 piece floor and it was way to much time getting them to level out
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think this might have been in the old thread, but you can create your own burning fire logs by sinking a nord torch or other flaming light source into the fire logs, charred (can't quite remember the name, but it's available at homes goods furnishers).
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Here's another tip - not mine, though!

I saw a screenshot of a player's home where they sunk one of the wooden crates into the wall so that just one side was visible, and used it as a poster board, where they tacked a wanted poster to it.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Here's one of mine:

I wanted to do something with those orc clan seals from the luxury vendor. I decided to place them as a group on a wall, but rather than trying to align each individual piece with the wall and then try to place them together, I placed them all on the floor in the arrangement I wanted, then linked them together. I was then able to select the group and align the group to the wall.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When placing plants, use clumps of odd numbers. 3 is always good, 5 works too, more would be overkill in most places unless your trying for a uniform look. Put them in a roughly triangular pattern for 3, a trapezoidal or diamond pattern with one in the center for 5

Then, make sure you rotate or maybe even slightly tilt each plant so they present a different "face".

This will make your gardens look more natural.

Also, don't forget to stick things in the ground if they are too tall. I use an Orc Brazier that is like 30 feet tall at my blacksmithing station. I have 90% below ground.
    Edited by Nestor on November 20, 2019 6:03PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"