Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dungeon Explorer Costume exploit action -- may we get some stats after action is taken?

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    Parrot1986 wrote: »
    Parrot1986 wrote: »
    Not saying players exploiting is right or doesn’t deserve action but all of this falls firstly at the feet of ZoS who keep implementing or breaking things which have been in the game before or for years!

If the government lets you buy a fast car, it's foremost their fault when you are going at autobahn speeds in the city?

Think you need to L2A (Learn to Analogy) because that’s not even close to comparable to this. Ofc if you choose to break the law and it’s solely your choice then you should be punished.the car is working as it should do but you’re choosing to break the law.

SMH
    Not even worth trying to explain it to you.

I know what it means, buy somehow, every time I see "SMH" I'm like, "What the snot is that?"

"SUMMON MORE HYENAS! I AM FINISHED WITH OUR DISCOURSE!"
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was running a dungeon today with a guildie who was a tank. I was telling him about the exploit and he mentioned he had the costume, so we had him try it on. Sure enough, *POOF*, he disappeared. The only thing visible was his carat and perhaps his health bar. Pretty funny just to see what would happen, but I imagine it was not so funny when it was being used in PVP.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ashtaris wrote: »
    I was running a dungeon today with a guildie who was a tank. I was telling him about the exploit and he mentioned he had the costume, so we had him try it on. Sure enough, *POOF*, he disappeared. The only thing visible was his carat and perhaps his health bar. Pretty funny just to see what would happen, but I imagine it was not so funny when it was being used in PVP.

Did he realize he was invisible from his end?
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on November 18, 2019 8:26AM
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No, he had no clue he was invisible. Everything looked normal to him from his perspective.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No, he had no clue he was invisible. Everything looked normal to him from his perspective.

This makes for an interesting situation.
    If someone were in a team with an invisible buddy, and they didn't tell them. Or if they were on a team with someone who knew they were invisible due to the exploit... Are they basically also exploiting as well by benefiting? Is someone obligated to not participate in the activity if the exploit is on their side / in their team?
    Now I'm really curious how ZOS will handle this.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on November 18, 2019 8:44AM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Okay, if it's just sword and board, and there's no client side information to let you know this is happening, then this is going to be a bit of a mess.
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No way to gain from it besides running scrolls, and they doesn't get you any rewards besides like 3k AP from quest.

Exploiters shouldn't be permanently banned as there's almost no use for the bug.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThePedge wrote: »
    No way to gain from it besides running scrolls, and they doesn't get you any rewards besides like 3k AP from quest.

Exploiters shouldn't be permanently banned as there's almost no use for the bug.

There's alot to gain from being undetectable mid-combat. I'm not 100% clear on what's going on, but it sounds like a player with S&B equipped can simply attack players with impunity while undetected. Even if they're "decloaked," to attack, it still means they can vanish and break engagements at will. Normally that's a Nightblade trait with a resource cost associated. If this simply lets the costume wearer vanish, there's huge applications.
  • hanzo8989
    hanzo8989
    Soul Shriven

There's alot to gain from being undetectable mid-combat. I'm not 100% clear on what's going on, but it sounds like a player with S&B equipped can simply attack players with impunity while undetected. Even if they're "decloaked," to attack, it still means they can vanish and break engagements at will. Normally that's a Nightblade trait with a resource cost associated. If this simply lets the costume wearer vanish, there's huge applications.

Bug works only with weapon sheatled . If u unsheat u weapon u become visible
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭

OK, so what does the player gain from that?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Free, on demand invisibility and invulnerability by sheathing your weapon.

Its not perfect - nameplates were still visible and preexisting AOEs apparently still worked, but you'd be able to reset the fight at will or suddenly turn off your hitbox in a fight. That may not bring a lot of tangible rewards, but its a pretty potent advantage over a non-exploiting player. It's also, uh, rather obvious when someone is abusing it deliberately because players generally don't sheathe their weapons in a fight.

Thing is, it doesn't actually matter if the player gains rewards or an advantage - though this certainly is an unfair advantage. Any player using this in combat is still violating the Code of Conduct: "Users will not intentionally use or share any bug found within any ZeniMax Game, real or fictitious, regardless of whether or not it grants an unfair advantage."

Nobody using this is off the hook just because you think the rewards or advantage gained is negligible.
  • Zabagad
    Zabagad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use siege and cannot be attacked while doing so - sounds like a gain for me.

PC EU (noCP AD) Grey/Grau AD
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Free, on demand invisibility and invulnerability by sheathing your weapon.

Its not perfect - nameplates were still visible and preexisting AOEs apparently still worked, but you'd be able to reset the fight at will or suddenly turn off your hitbox in a fight. That may not bring a lot of tangible rewards, but its a pretty potent advantage over a non-exploiting player. It's also, uh, rather obvious when someone is abusing it deliberately because players generally don't sheathe their weapons in a fight.

Thing is, it doesn't actually matter if the player gains rewards or an advantage - though this certainly is an unfair advantage. Any player using this in combat is still violating the Code of Conduct: "Users will not intentionally use or share any bug found within any ZeniMax Game, real or fictitious, regardless of whether or not it grants an unfair advantage."

Nobody using this is off the hook just because you think the rewards or advantage gained is negligible.

Yeah, there's a lot of applications for this, all of them nasty.
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zabagad wrote: »

I guess, could keep it UA too by staying on a flag.

Only other application for it though.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zabagad wrote: »

I guess, could keep it UA too by staying on a flag.

Only other application for it though.

If someone has nameplates off, you can bring a full assault force right through them, and they'll never see it, never be able to warn about it, until you decloak and gank them.

There's a major element of surprise here.

Invisibility, as a game mechanic, isn't broken, there are costs and counters. This is unlimited, and negates most of those counters. This is broken.
  • tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anyone here thinks people need banned for wearing a costume they just bought in PVP then you're seriously way to triggered. Now 100's of people are about to catch a ban when they have no clue what they did wrong. If I would have been able to find someone to buy crowns for this costume from yesterday I would be catching a ban next week for something I didn't know i did. ZOS this is absurd. PEOPLE WHO SOLO HAVE NO WAY TO KNOW THAT THERE IS A GLITCH OCCURING UNTIL THEY READ IT HERE, AND AT THAT POINT IT IS TO LATE.

Agree.
    People should not get a ban for things like this. Zos removed it, they will fix and and everything is fine.
    Even if people knew it for themselves (which need to be proved in every single case) it is not so dramatic to ban them.

I assume was it was quite a nice fun for them, but its not a major thing. Even if you cant be attacked at a siege, enemies could just wait until he's done sieging. Even if noone ever could hurt him, and someone turns a keep full of enemies solo, i think that is more a joke than banable. Its not like you could do this for year or month. It was 1 or 2 days...? lol

BTW. i didnt bought it (cause i wasnt aware of an addional pve-effect of it).
    Edited by tim99 on November 18, 2019 8:25PM
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This makes for an interesting situation.
    If someone were in a team with an invisible buddy, and they didn't tell them. Or if they were on a team with someone who knew they were invisible due to the exploit... Are they basically also exploiting as well by benefiting? Is someone obligated to not participate in the activity if the exploit is on their side / in their team?
    Now I'm really curious how ZOS will handle this.

Or if they're running around solo....

Like I was the other night in IC. With my new costume on. Everything looked fine on my end. Fortunately, it being IC in off peak, I don't think there was more than 3 people in the whole joint, and I didn't see them. Maybe they were all wearing the new costume as well.
  • DaNnYtHePcFrEaK
    DaNnYtHePcFrEaK
    ✭✭✭
    This would be perfect if it disabled skills, finally a way to collect skyshards in cyro