Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Worms in the Resource Nodes!?

Medic_Droid
This is a call to arms!

There have been people looting resource nodes and replacing the materials with...WORMS and CRAWLERS!

This vicious and most heinous crime must be punished!
The question I pose is this: What punishment do you believe is just?

1) A smack to the face with a restoration staff
2) Thrown into a pit full of angry mudcrabs
3) Forced to listen to an endless loop of the Banker in Daggerfall
4) Disable the Log-Out button

If none of the above are considered just, please post a recommendation. :smile:
"Doubt thou that the stars are fire, doubt that the sun doth move.
Doubt truth to be a liar, but never doubt my love." -Hamlet Act 2 Scene 2
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, they don't 'replace' anything, they're simply cherry-picking the plant and leaving the trash. I have no idea if the plant despawns or not, but I think it doesn't as I've seen this from time to time.

It's annoying but typical selfish behaviour we see in MMOs, nothing to do but move on to the next one.
  • Medic_Droid
    Oh I see, I was mistaken. I thought that they could place trash in the node similar to how one could reverse pick-pocket in previous Elder Scrolls games.

Still...I am outraged!
    "Doubt thou that the stars are fire, doubt that the sun doth move.
    Doubt truth to be a liar, but never doubt my love." -Hamlet Act 2 Scene 2
  • Nasuradin_ESO
    Nasuradin_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I've done this by accident before, room in my inventory for the resource, no room for bugs.
  • Rotherhans
    Rotherhans
    ✭✭✭
    The real question here is, who thought it was a good idea to put crappy fishing bait in vital resource nodes?
    Especially with such an aged inventory system and the equally aged scarcity based mat stealing mechanics.
    Edited by Rotherhans on April 16, 2014 11:24AM
    “I'm not going out of my way looking for devils;
    but I wouldn't step out of my path to let one go by.”― Robert E. Howard
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is point 4 a 'punishment' lol?
  • Lalai
    Lalai
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want the worms and crawlers! Seriously.. mail them to me :)
    Fisher extraordinaire!
    Send me your worms, crawlers, guts, and insect parts.
    Templar Healer
    Daggerfall Covenant, NA
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol, I leave the worms and crawlers as well, I dont need them so why should I loot them, others can use them, yeah I feel for u, going to a flower and thinking you get like nimroot, and then only a worm waits for u :)
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    Having anything but the harvestable material show up in the node is really dumb. Especially when it's worth 0 gold and wastes an inventory space. I'll autoloot both and delete it, but I can totally understand people just taking the useful part and leaving the trash.
  • jambam817_ESO
    jambam817_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe I should start fishing.... :P
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artemiisia wrote: »
    lol, I leave the worms and crawlers as well, I dont need them so why should I loot them, others can use them, yeah I feel for u, going to a flower and thinking you get like nimroot, and then only a worm waits for u :)

Fun fact: if you don't fully loot the node, it won't disappear and respawn elsewhere. If you do this often, you are also hurting your own gathering by makng there be fewer useful nodes in the world. Just food for thought. :)

I have a character who likes to fish, so I don't mind the easy bait too much, but it is certainly the first thing to go when I need bag space.
    Edited by BlackSparrow on April 16, 2014 1:31PM
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)