Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Earn New Rewards & Glory during the Undaunted Celebration"

• KageNin
    KageNin
    ✭✭✭
    Dont bother it doesnt work!
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Now I'm bummed I read the Opal page I got. Would be nice to sell right now.
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/501838/update-on-undaunted-event#latest

"Shortly after the launch of Undaunted Event today, we began to see server issues related to the Activity Finder that was affecting your ability to play the game. While we did put protections in place prior to the event to ensure stability, these clearly weren’t adequate.

Our top priority is making sure you can log in and play, so to that end, we have decided to turn off the Undaunted Event this afternoon. We know that the loss of this event is disappointing and frustrating, and we have begun discussing what to do in its place. We’ll provide an update a little later today in this thread once we know exactly when we will turn off the event and what our next steps will be."

Just a quick question. Did you turned the event off on all servers or just EU ?

@ZOS_GinaBruno

It's the entire event. @ZOS_GinaBruno if the event is CANCELED will it be rescheduled? I was really looking forward to it and the new styles. And can the blog post be removed? Its confusing people
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    Well I'm bummed and relieved at the same time. Bummed because I actually was psyched for the new motifs, yet relieved that I won't have to spend $$$ on crowns for tickets because there is no possible way to earn all of the tix you need for pages and the indrik berry if you actually have a day job. Feels like a horrible money grab at this point. At least put crowns on sale?
    Playing on PC/NA---UserID=Threemoons--usually on nights, weekends
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    the Undaunted event announcement is still up and unchanged on the main ZoS website. (There is a link to this article on the PC launcher too.) Perhaps you could pull it or update it with a "cancelled" advisory?
    Likewise, on PC if you press escape, Announcements, the "Dungeon Explorer" event is still highlighted as the first news article - this should probably be pulled asap... (NVM, this is just a crown store costume.)
    Edited by Pyr0xyrecuprotite on November 14, 2019 8:12PM
  • ShenaniganSquad
    ShenaniganSquad
    ✭✭✭
    Elderscrolls online................. working as intended ............. >.<
  • LucyferLightbringer
    LucyferLightbringer
    ✭✭✭✭
    With the awfully fun witches festival event i resubed to show ZOS my appreciation. Thanks for reminding me why you dont deserve my money. Sub cancelled.
    Edited by LucyferLightbringer on November 14, 2019 10:29PM
  • karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    so....what's the plan?
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • Morvane
    Morvane
    ✭✭✭✭
    the shoprtest event ever
    DC Dunmer Sorcerer since 2014
    @morvayn54, PC/EU
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They simply have to stop cranking out content and start fixing bugs that have been in this game since day 1. The same thing happened last year during the Undaunted Event. We were promised fixes. Cyrodiil has been a laggy, buggy mess for years. We were promised fixes. Yet, it’s been nothing but business as usual. But I suppose that fixing bugs is not nearly as profitable as selling reskinned items in the crown store to the RPers and whales. /rant

Edited by The_Lex on November 14, 2019 10:46PM
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The_Lex wrote: »
    They simply have to stop cranking out content and start fixing bugs that have been in this game since day 1. The same thing happened last year during the Undaunted Event. We were promised fixes. Cyrodiil has been a laggy, buggy mess for years. We were promised fixes. Yet, it’s been nothing but business as usual. But I suppose that fixing bugs is not nearly as profitable as selling reskinned items in the crown store to the RPers and whales. /rant

We all know this is unlikely to happen.
    The longer the game goes on, the more it deteriorates. The more they add on top of what isn't fixed, the more it creates new bugs, glitches, and issues.

Zos will never reinvest back into this game to where things will be fixed. This game is meant to milk it's player base. It's done its job...we are all hooked on it. We stick around, some of us still throw tons of money into this game.
    The shareholders at Zos look at ESO from profit only...how else can you explain the state of this game? In thier minds, putting money back into ESO to fix anything is a loss in revenue, not a sound investment to keep players paying. They think we'll do that no matter what. And the sad part is, they are right to some degree.

We are here to be milked...to be fed trash and to be thankful for the scraps we are given.
    How is that not obvious?
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kel wrote: »

We all know this is unlikely to happen.
    The longer the game goes on, the more it deteriorates. The more they add on top of what isn't fixed, the more it creates new bugs, glitches, and issues.

Zos will never reinvest back into this game to where things will be fixed. This game is meant to milk it's player base. It's done its job...we are all hooked on it. We stick around, some of us still throw tons of money into this game.
    The shareholders at Zos look at ESO from profit only...how else can you explain the state of this game? In thier minds, putting money back into ESO to fix anything is a loss in revenue, not a sound investment to keep players paying. They think we'll do that no matter what. And the sad part is, they are right to some degree.

We are here to be milked...to be fed trash and to be thankful for the scraps we are given.
    How is that not obvious?

Oh, it's plainly obvious to me. I think, though, that it may not be as obvious to some.

Btw, I dropped my sub...so, no more money from me. I'll still be around, but won't be spending a dime.
  • Shortb0y
    Shortb0y
    ✭✭
    This is very disappointing, second event that has gone belly up. I really enjoy ESO for the lore, the detail and the sandbox nature but these are some fundamental things that make me wonder if the problems run a bit deeper?

I have unfortunately been around long enough to see MMO's go under before and its usually when the devs don't listen to their players and start deciding what the players want or they just start milking the cash cow...

Please don't let ESO go the same way...
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now you all know how I felt about Midyear Mayhem and the lost Second Legion outfit Style.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say that I am sorry that the event got cancelled BUT it seemed like a pure cash grab this time around. To get all the pages of the styles that you want with tickets, plus the Indrik berry, plus a feather...even if you played all day every single day of the event, you still wouldn't have enough tickets. A full set of pages for an armor style=10 pages IIRC. IIRC also 5 tickets per page, so 50 tickets. Tickets are 250 Crowns each in Crown Store. So...that's 12,500 Crowns. 15,000 Crown=$99.00 BEFORE tax..it comes out to something like $105 after tax. So, you are charging close to $100 big ones for a MOTIF. Other motifs from the Crown Store are generally 5000 Crowns which is still $40 worth of crowns! Oh, and that's before you get your feather, berry, etc. Yeah, people will be selling dupe pages in the guild stores but for how much?

Right now I am in a very intense gig and could no way dedicate the amount of time needed to grind all of the tickets I'd need, if it's even feasible to earn that many tickets in this (now on hold) event. Having said that, I'm one of the "whales" that still buys a lot of things from the Crown Store because I'm a completionist and my job keeps me away from serious grinds during many events. BUT...this feels exploitative at this point. I am very glad that they sell the tickets so that I can at least get the minimum items (Indrik feathers/berries) but this particular event seems set up to be a naked cash grab. Lots of people have year-end work to wrap up, final exams, etc. If you're gonna make people feel like they are missing out if they can't use the Crown Store as a crutch, at least put Crowns on sale for the duration of these seasonal events.

EDIT: Didn't get to see the event before it was taken down, so not sure how many motif pages were up for sale, but still...in prior events it was that much for motif sets. Just saying.
    Edited by Threemoons on November 15, 2019 5:16AM
  • protofeckless
    protofeckless
    ✭✭✭
    Dungeon finder broke. Group members crash. Other group members bail. Broke ass game. Broke ass event. WTF is the point of this?
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This morning a most serious meeting.

The special meeting pads from out of the double locked cupboard.

The strong coffee. The coffee doughnuts. Those fancy biscuits with coffee icing.

Nails chewed. Brows furrowed.

We are with you in spirt. Sending you the strength to make the difficult decisions needed to save Tamriel.

Draw your swords, ready your horses, pack your dragonglass.

Also please turn on the anniversary festival for a week or so perhaps yes? Goodies for all!

We await your report with much interest.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad I'm currently soloing Deathclaws in Boston. No lag, no queues, no sub :D
  • Ithilis
    Ithilis
    ✭✭✭
    Threemoons wrote: »
    I have to say that I am sorry that the event got cancelled BUT it seemed like a pure cash grab this time around. To get all the pages of the styles that you want with tickets, plus the Indrik berry, plus a feather...even if you played all day every single day of the event, you still wouldn't have enough tickets. A full set of pages for an armor style=10 pages IIRC. IIRC also 5 tickets per page, so 50 tickets. Tickets are 250 Crowns each in Crown Store. So...that's 12,500 Crowns. 15,000 Crown=$99.00 BEFORE tax..it comes out to something like $105 after tax. So, you are charging close to $100 big ones for a MOTIF. Other motifs from the Crown Store are generally 5000 Crowns which is still $40 worth of crowns! Oh, and that's before you get your feather, berry, etc. Yeah, people will be selling dupe pages in the guild stores but for how much?

I honestly can't agree with your logic here about cash grab.
    Every day the event lasts and you do a dungeon you are GUARANTEED to get 1 style page as a drop.
    I logged in yesterday on prime time in the evening WITHOUT PROBLEMS, I entered Fungal grotto I on normal with 3 player party (outside of dungeon finder) and got in WITHOUT PROBLEMS. We then completed the dungeon and slayed the last boss in about 10 minutes. I got my 3 tickets and the quaranteed opal style page in total time spawn of 15 minutes MAX.
    If you need to buy that 15 minutes in crowns, you really really have a busy life I guess. I think honestly most of the players can afford 15 minutes of their time for this, and get their 3 tickets per day, and the style pages so honestly- how is it cash grab?

You have a low chance to earn extra style pages by grinding. If you grind Fungal grotto I on normal and you need 10 minutes for complete, in an hour you have already earned 6 containers with low possibility for loot. I can't tell what the chances are and how long it would potentially take to farm an extra page since the event is on pause now.

EDIT: My old post above, I did read this thread https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/501655/undaunted-celebration-2019-detail , so here is an update about the event:
    How to get the set and time required:
    Opal weapon style and 3 tickets: 10 minutes, do fungal grotto 1 on normal, GUARANTEED drop
    Opal monster masks: about 20 minutes, do veteran dungeon. Non guaranteed drop, drop rate not known (any info on this? is it like 90% sure?)
    Opal monster shoulders: Buy with Undaunted keys. For this you need to do pledges to earn keys. I do not know how many keys one set page costs, so I don't know if it is possibly to buy one with the keys from one day pledges.

4 sets:
    Bloodspawn
    Illambris
    Engine Guardian
    Troll King
    3 pages per set is total 12 pages. If you need to buy all with tickets it is 12x5= 60 tickets. From the event you get 15 in total.
    Now the only set you really need to buy if you do not have time to grind are the masks since they might drop from veteran dungeon. You need total 20 tickets for that. If you ended Witches festival with 5 or more tickets, like many people did, no problem.
    Edited by Ithilis on November 15, 2019 9:36AM
    Leader of Storytellers&Slavers RP guild PC EU
    Officer in Aetherius Art Housing guild PC EU
    Saxhleel - Power to the Hist
  • IndorilArwynLlethran
    How much in tickets those opal pages were?
    Edited by IndorilArwynLlethran on November 15, 2019 9:24AM
  • Morvane
    Morvane
    ✭✭✭✭
    we need to reward ZoS with speedrun achievment for this event
    DC Dunmer Sorcerer since 2014
    @morvayn54, PC/EU
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    Not everyone does or can do dungeon speed runs, and I've never done a dungeon in 15 minutes. Not sure why this is being posited as as solution.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually as an RPer who doesn't care about ridiculous flashy mounts, reskinned or otherwise, and who is bored out of my mind at retread costumes I already have....I'm no whale supporting this nonsense either. Enough with the damn new dungeons every time I turn around. Enough broken events. Enough with the broken game. I don't PvP. I did a bit in the early days and it was fun but you couldn't pay me to set foot in Cyrodiil or Imp Sewers now. Not happening. I don't care about gear chasing so speed running through dungeons over and over holds no appeal either. How about some real fixes to the game and maybe more spaced out but meaningful content? How about all the costumes and pets that have been datamined for YEARS finally hitting the cash shop if you REALLY need my money ZOS?
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what thread are we meant to be continuing the discussion of your latest fail?????
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morvane wrote: »
    we need to reward ZoS with speedrun achievment for this event

Lol!!!! Where is the laughing Spanish guy YouTube edit for the undaunted 2019 event?
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • LucyferLightbringer
    LucyferLightbringer
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only reward they deserve is being cut off from our money.
  • kinguardian
    kinguardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno that must suck that you can not seem to find the problem. Hopefully you can fix it as I do not think eso will hold out much longer if all 0layers are going.And a lot of people cancelling their sub means that you guys can not spend money on fixing. So fingers crossed and hope I that you guys find it.
  • Erissime
    Erissime
    ✭✭✭
    Ithilis wrote: »

I honestly can't agree with your logic here about cash grab.
    Every day the event lasts and you do a dungeon you are GUARANTEED to get 1 style page as a drop.
    I logged in yesterday on prime time in the evening WITHOUT PROBLEMS, I entered Fungal grotto I on normal with 3 player party (outside of dungeon finder) and got in WITHOUT PROBLEMS. We then completed the dungeon and slayed the last boss in about 10 minutes. I got my 3 tickets and the quaranteed opal style page in total time spawn of 15 minutes MAX.
    If you need to buy that 15 minutes in crowns, you really really have a busy life I guess. I think honestly most of the players can afford 15 minutes of their time for this, and get their 3 tickets per day, and the style pages so honestly- how is it cash grab?

You have a low chance to earn extra style pages by grinding. If you grind Fungal grotto I on normal and you need 10 minutes for complete, in an hour you have already earned 6 containers with low possibility for loot. I can't tell what the chances are and how long it would potentially take to farm an extra page since the event is on pause now.

EDIT: My old post above, I did read this thread https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/501655/undaunted-celebration-2019-detail , so here is an update about the event:
    How to get the set and time required:
    Opal weapon style and 3 tickets: 10 minutes, do fungal grotto 1 on normal, GUARANTEED drop
    Opal monster masks: about 20 minutes, do veteran dungeon. Non guaranteed drop, drop rate not known (any info on this? is it like 90% sure?)
    Opal monster shoulders: Buy with Undaunted keys. For this you need to do pledges to earn keys. I do not know how many keys one set page costs, so I don't know if it is possibly to buy one with the keys from one day pledges.

4 sets:
    Bloodspawn
    Illambris
    Engine Guardian
    Troll King
    3 pages per set is total 12 pages. If you need to buy all with tickets it is 12x5= 60 tickets. From the event you get 15 in total.
    Now the only set you really need to buy if you do not have time to grind are the masks since they might drop from veteran dungeon. You need total 20 tickets for that. If you ended Witches festival with 5 or more tickets, like many people did, no problem.

Nice math - and even if the event is over, I did enter a dungeon during the first day of the ( cancelled) event. And I got nothing for ending it. Also I was not the only one - therefore "guaranteed" - is not a word - not in the current context anyway.
  • Threemoons
    Threemoons
    ✭✭✭
    Le sigh....Dungeon Explorer outfit now not working...meh...
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Le sigh....Dungeon Explorer outfit now not working...meh...

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/502195/dungeon-explorer-costume-removal