Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

different performance in PTS and ESO Game

fiender66
fiender66
✭✭✭✭
This may sound as a noobish question, and likely it is.
I've noticed repeatedly that my chars perform a lot worse in PTS, compared to what the same do in regular game. I use to make a dummy char with the same stats of one of my toons, to try new features, etc.
Now, my PTS toons show a lack of sustain and a lot of brittleness, irrespective if they are lvl 50 or under.
As an example, a stamblade 25 lvl was killed by the two imps near Ilessan! This has never happened in game (to me, ofc), even with toons under 10.
Anyone with more lore and experience than mine would help me to understand? Thks
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Barring any mistakes in allocating your template character’s skills, attributes, CP, and mundus, it’s most likely the newest patch combat changes, @fiender66.

For example, there was a significant change to damage over time (DoT) skills for the most recent Dragonhold patch.

Any player living in a bubble and not reading the patch notes might see a big difference on PTS (compared to Live) in that instance.
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    Barring any mistakes in allocating your template character’s skills, attributes, CP, and mundus, it’s most likely the newest patch combat changes, @fiender66.

For example, there was a significant change to damage over time (DoT) skills for the most recent Dragonhold patch.

Any player living in a bubble and not reading the patch notes might see a big difference on PTS (compared to Live) in that instance.

Yep, Tale, I'm aware of that, but what I noticed happens to me with different builds, say, mag knights and stamblades. Moreover, I use mainly a direct DPS style, with the less DoT as possible (It works for me, at least outside PTS). Errors are likely to happen in a single instance, but, as I said, my observation is for several builds
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m just using DoTs as an example, @fiender66. There were a handful of changes to direct damage abilities as well.

But overall PTS is an exact copy of the Live server ... with the only changes being what’s in the new patch notes.

Of course, you’ll notice the difference in playstyle on a level 25 Stamblade versus a CP810 Stamblade.

After that, my hunch is you forgot to allocate CP, mundus, or provisioning food/drink on your template character.

Happy to be wrong on that hunch ... if you can prove otherwise by posting a stats screenshot or superstar of your PTS Stamblade.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on November 10, 2019 8:49PM