The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Anyone else feeling upset for our devs and the strain they must be under? (Positive post)

wishlist14
wishlist14
✭✭✭✭✭
I am feeling overwhelmed by the negative feedback on our forums to the point it's actually made me feel a bit flat in mood lately. I enjoyed Southern Elsweyr tbh. I loved the main questline and I enjoyed being driven to open up the furnishing achievements. I like to feel motivated to accomplish achievable tasks.
The npcs were fantastic, loved them all and it was great to reunite with some of the older ones too. I had a lot of laughs and giggles(no spoilers).
I was also in awe of the dragons, those amazing majestic creatures always grab my attention but my biggest treat was .....( spoiler so cant say as some have not yet played the dlc.) I also found the landscape stunning and it was very enjoyable to explore.

I must say that the storyline was very interesting and it kept me entertained. I want to take this time and space to thank our devs " Thank you for this beautiful and fun dlc and also for the extra week you gifted us for the event. I know it must be a very tough and trying time for all of you and I'm sure you are working extra hours to fix many of the issues our servers have been experiencing. I need you to know I love this game and i want you all to succeed so we can keep enjoying eso for many more years to come.

I hear so many complaints yet eso has some of the best story telling of any game i have played thus far. The housing system is better than anything that is out there. I love the realistic yet uniqueness of eso furnishings and housing. I think time is needed for our devs to get the servers working properly...I feel this is a process that is being worked on right now. I have to be honest and say that the combat system is weak atm and im not enjoying it...if i had a choice i would rewind the game but it is still not a deal breaker for me. I'm still here and i still have hope and faith in eso.....i am sure there are many players that want eso to flourish, to move onwards and upwards. I also want to add that i enjoyed the grapples more than i imagined i would 😅😃.

Thank you Zenimax team ❤

Thank you all for your responses.😊
Edited by wishlist14 on November 7, 2019 8:31PM
  • Verbal_Earthworm
    Verbal_Earthworm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope.
    Options
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. They're being paid to do their jobs. If people were giving them flak for some one-off issue, I'd be more sympathetic. But the negativity comes from years of inaction, bad communication and mismanagement. This isn't personal, and isn't aimed at any one dev/community rep in particular, but I really think congratulatory posts are rather unwarranted.
    Options
  • molecule
    molecule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope

Been going on far too long for any sympathy, it is now just a constant kick in the teeth for customers
    Options
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im upset when i can't login, get infnitie loading and broken Finder.

Many of us will not leave ESO for any other MMOs cuz ALL of them are either suck at storyline and/or combat and/or lore and or general PvE/PvP and or new content and or visual graphics. Starting new MMO from scratch, new mechanics, new world/lore etc is also super negative for me.

Just fix PC EU, pls. Nothing else matters.
    Options
  • MyPrist
    MyPrist
    ✭✭✭
    My skill do not work for 5+ month
    (Moltan armaments)

And i want to sleep, so even will not spam about it today.

The TESO game 1-2 years old was the best game i ever see.

Now it is very ... .

I hope it will become good again.
    Options
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wishlist14 wrote: »
    I am feeling overwhelmed by the negative feedback on our forums to the point it's actually made me feel a bit flat in mood lately. I enjoyed Southern Elsweyr tbh. I loved the main questline and I enjoyed being driven to open up the furnishing achievements. I like to feel motivated to accomplish achievable tasks.
    The nps were fantastic, loved them all and it was great to reunite with some of the older ones too. I had a lot of laughs and giggles(no spoilers).
    I was also in awe of the dragons, those amazing majestic creatures always grab my attention but my biggest treat was .....( spoiler so cant say as some have not yet played the dlc.) I also found the landscape stunning and it was very enjoyable to explore.

So far every bit of Southern Elsweyr was fun and well told. Only the "Environmental Damage" on the waterfall (where you use the crossbow) was sort of lame ;)

What you call "negative feedback" is a heavy *** storm. Really sad to see such happen to real people for a few configured pixels who jump when i press A. We all know it is not about the game itself, it is about something else.
    Edited by mague on November 7, 2019 8:45AM
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dislike some of the more direct abuse they get, especially when some of the issues are not directly their fault or something they have the power to fix. e.g. I don't think Rich or Gina are exactly in a position to fix the EU server issues, yet they will be on the front line for abuse about it (being bigger known faces or those who's job it is to work directly with the community)

However I do think ZOS as a company should be held to account for its failings and a fire kept under their feet to remind them they need to improve.

@Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The devs just throw crap at the wall and see what sticks, then sometimes adjusts things based on our feedback. They hardly even play their own game.
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The devs just throw crap at the wall and see what sticks, then sometimes adjusts things based on our feedback. They hardly even play their own game.
    Whilst not all of them play, nor play every day like many of us, there are a decent number of ZOS staff who play the game in various areas of play. This can normally be seen via their social media accounts or through chatting with them at events.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I imagine it can't be easy, trying to please everybody is impossible.

I think they over complicated the game at its core tbh

Options
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did some of you not see the (positive post) bracket ?
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The complaints mostly surround change fatigue and declining server performance. Both of which Zos has a direct hand in causing and rectifying. It is their job and if it is to much for any one of them to handle they should look for a different career path.

It is no different for us. Many of us must deal with issues that come up on a regular basis. Seek out what is causing the issue and how best to rectify it. This goes in companies across the globe every day. We do our jobs just as I expect the people as Zos to do theirs.
    Options
  • Huyen
    Huyen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mague wrote: »
    Did some of you not see the (positive post) bracket ?

We did, and in this case I would like to say that I do like the game. However, the trouble we got with the servers is just awfull. If I preform like that in my current job, I would be fired within a day.

Assuming they want to earn more money, they need to step up their work. So many issues in less then 3 weeks time (including the patch) is just really bad advertising, and driving people away.

Less players equals less revenue. Simple as that.

Truth is that most people dont vent on the forums, but just leave the game outright. You dont see those here. People venting here still play, but are just fed up with the lack of communication, weird combat-direction, broken promisses (server stability for example) and the list goes on.
    Huyen Shadowpaw, dedicated nightblade tank - PS4 (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, nightblade dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Lightpaw, templar healer - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, necromancer dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, dragonknight (no defined role yet)

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely" - Uncle Iroh
    Options
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I would comprehend and would be patient if they accept that their are failing about game performance and combat balance

But thinking they are right and problems are resolved, which is wrong, they clearly show stubborness and delusion.

Honesty and modesty is a nice but rare thing.
    Edited by gepe87 on November 7, 2019 9:34AM
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
    Options
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For many of us, simply communicating exactly what the issues and game direction are in a coherent manner would improve the forum mood.

As it stands, it's "we have a plan, but it's super cereal, and super secret."
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
    Options
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. I could have some compassion for them if this would be the first or second time. But this repeats it self every update AND every MAINTENANCE since over a year. You can't convince me that they have no influence on this, because when you run such company you have enough of resources to force your needs on your service providers.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
    Options
  • Huyen
    Huyen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For many of us, simply communicating exactly what the issues and game direction are in a coherent manner would improve the forum mood.

As it stands, it's "we have a plan, but it's super cereal, and super secret."

Its man-bear-pig running amock at ZoS headquarters and server-rooms! Hide!
    Huyen Shadowpaw, dedicated nightblade tank - PS4 (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, nightblade dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Lightpaw, templar healer - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, necromancer dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, dragonknight (no defined role yet)

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely" - Uncle Iroh
    Options
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Whilst not all of them play, nor play every day like many of us, there are a decent number of ZOS staff who play the game in various areas of play. This can normally be seen via their social media accounts or through chatting with them at events.

If roleplaying in Riften counts as doing content, I guess the devs have that down. We tell them all sorts of glitches and problems that have been going on for years and they're still blind to them because they don't do content that requires more than a few light attacks to see these problems. Either that or the more accurate option: They just don't care about our opinions unless we make as much of a fuss as possible, the revert on the 1-second shield cast time being a good example. Just look at the recent balancing. They tell us it's time for a haircut and we tell them that we're okay with a little off the top, and they respond by shaving us bald and cutting off one of our ears while telling us that it's for our own good. After all i've seen recently, I don't trust the devs anymore. I used to think their balancing was pretty hamfisted but somewhat reasonable, but now it's clear that they aren't sure what they're doing sometimes.
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
    Options
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean. They could probably care less.
    Options
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ESO has many 4-5 year old issues which ZOS refuses to fix. Broken EU server, bugged guild finder, problematic guild trader system, bugged dungeons, bad performance etc etc. What did they fix all these years? Nothing. All the above are still issues ZOS refuses to fix, although Zenimax is a company worth hundreds of millions. At the same time, they are very active at creating useless content for crown crates, so that they can milk their customers.

So no, zero sympathy for them.
    Edited by gatekeeper13 on November 7, 2019 9:55AM
    Options
  • GrimTheReaper45
    GrimTheReaper45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel bad for certain teams. Especially on the creative side, the teams that deal with zones, quests, art, music. I feel like the work they do gets hurt by being pushed out with the base game updates. They obviously put a lot of effort into what they do but when it comes out it gets overshadowed by the problems with the new patch like terrible combat changes and performance and game stability problems.

Like southern elsweyr is a nice zone. I wish there was a little more to it but I dont think thats the people working on its fault as much as their higher up forcing 4 updates a year on them.
    Options
  • Coatmagic
    Coatmagic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [removed baiting comment]

wishlist14 wrote: »
    The housing system is better than anything that is out there.

Not played many games, huh?

*sigh*

It's such a pretty game... and yeah, some of the quests are engaging, sadly the server issues and the idjits still trying to balance pvp and pve instead of separating them are driving the game into the ground...
    maybe the housing whales will keep the game afloat; here's hoping!
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on November 7, 2019 3:22PM
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its human nature. It's hard to think kind thoughts about your neighbor when they are keeping you awake at night with their noise.

Yelling, ranting, and throwing insults probably isnt the best way to resolve that situation, but the immediate emotional catharsis feels good.

That's mostly what the insults at the Devs are all about. Frustrated players venting frustration. Its counterproductive to getting the Devs to engage with the forums on a regular and substantive basis, but most of those players don't really care about that so much as they just want the catharsis of venting their emotions. Add internet anonymity, and you've got nasty forum posts.

Not exactly the healthiest or productive way of handling one's negative emotions, but certainly one I can understand.
    Options
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the pve world, story, lore, housing eso is doing well.

In the combat and PvP aspect ..... Nononononono noooooooooooo noooooooooooooo I don't feel sorry at all. They have made absolutely horrible decisions despite pts and general disproval
    Options
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe ppl mistake devs for the actual [removed profanity] on balance and crazy changes we get.

Devs are responsible for bugs and unexpected behaviour.

Skill and combat changes are decided by the combat team (Former wrobel and now gilliam).

The devs are NOT to blame for those changes, they simply do what theyre told, the combat team are the ones making the bad decisions
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on November 7, 2019 3:23PM
    Options
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well Southern Elsweyr (or 5.2.5 in general)could have been one hell of an update if it was actually working. It's imo the 2nd best zone dlc right after CWC. But achievements are broken, EU is basically just down, battlegrounds are out of hand etc. and they are fixing typos in furnishing recipes.

I don't support any abuse directed at any dev in person, but ZOS (or Zenimax Media as a whole, lately?) as a company is just representing a horrible and disgusting practise of business.

Anyone who still pays for this service is just feeding the monster. If it wasn't for a shared experience one's way of spending their money would only concern themselves, but in this situation if you are still paying to this game you are helping it become everything we hate.
    Edited by themaddaedra on November 7, 2019 11:39AM
    PC|EU
    Options
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would, but the constant wild nerf/buff swings have become tiresome.
    Options
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I empathize with them, especially after the abuse that was heaped on Kai over at the German forums just because he hadn't been awake and posting when something happened in the middle of the night.
    I work in IT, but even though it's B2B and I usually don't have direct customer contact, I still had some enraged customers jump in my face backwards and with their pants down for stuff I had no knowledge of nor anything to do with. Had I been able to kill them via VoIP, I would have done it in that moment I guess xD.

So ... yes, I empathize.
    Of course I sigh and roll my eyes when PC EU curls up and dies for the 151st time in a row, but the ensuing rage posts in the forums make me way angrier than yet another downtime. They remind me of why I'm just not too fond of people in general.
    Edited by Ye_Olde_Crowe on November 7, 2019 11:50AM
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
    Options
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm sorry, but I'm not going to feel upset for the devs, when they cause a lot of these problems themselves.

Forums being overly toxic? They're toxic because Zenimax never listens to what the players say, even if months down the road everything players predicted came true, they never admit when they're wrong, and they didn't communicate properly up until recently.

People getting angry over constant buff/nerf cycles? These buff/nerf cycles are always caused by Zenimax overbuffing something, not listening to feedback, letting it go live, only to address it 3 months down the road by overnerfing everything that's even remotely related to the original overbuffed thing.

People getting tired of performance and moving on? Performance has been dreadful because of Zenimax neglecting to take it seriously for the first 5 years of the game's lifespan, and Zenimax not taking the steps to actually identify and address performance issues in how the game actually plays.

Had Zenimax actually respected us as consumers, listened to what we say rather than turning a blind eye then pretending that they weren't told that *** would hit the fan 3 months before it does, took care when addressing balance issues rather than blindly flailing a nerf bat around, took performance issues seriously by actually investigating rather than taking blind stabs in the dark with a spork, maybe the forums wouldn't be such a toxic cesspool of cancer? Maybe?
    Options
  • stvwhitewalker
    stvwhitewalker
    ✭✭✭
    Not in the least when you shoot yourself in the foot expect it to hurt
    Options