The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Plunders skull exploit

• Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anybody who plays more efficiently than I do is obviously exploiting something and should be permabanned.
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zurica wrote: »
    It seems that the 2019 event announcement is not clear enough for potatoes so taken from the 2018 event announcement:
    "You can defeat each individual type of boss and be guaranteed a Dremora Plunder Skull once per day, meaning you can acquire up to seven each day. Should you defeat the same type of boss again after already receiving your Dremora Plunder Skull, you’ll receive a regular Plunder Skull instead. Dremora Motif pages can be traded, so get ready to take on Tamriel’s monsters!"

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/54933

The regular (purple) Plunder Skulls have no limitations and the 3 minute cooldown was removed in 2018. Bosses however do have different respawn times, just because people have found quick spawning bosses doesn't mean they are exploiting the event.

As for people selling larger amount of writs, it's called inflation. They are buying them for cheap and reselling them at ridiculously high prices. They are doing the same thing with the gold recipes.

they are bypassing a global cooldown on a respawn that is intended to be there. Which is an exploit, whether its during an event or no. It just so happens that this one is during an event.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The exploit on PS4NA is real, I heard all about it last night. People were apparently getting skulls faster then they could open them.

i heard... that we re getting better and better servers and lags in cyro will gone!

I heard this from a reliable source though...

Somebody was also explaining it in guild chat - its become rampant enough that people are casual and not secretive about it.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The exploit on PS4NA is real, I heard all about it last night. People were apparently getting skulls faster then they could open them.

i heard... that we re getting better and better servers and lags in cyro will gone!

I heard this from a reliable source though...

Somebody was also explaining it in guild chat - its become rampant enough that people are casual and not secretive about it.

It's worse I have heard reports of people being very upset if during the course of normal gameplay you prevent said exploiters from triggering the exploit. To the point that they use things such as taunts to prevent players that are just trying to play the game from engaging in gameplay and being rude about it. In one case they even supposedly reported someone for harrassment after one of the mobs was killed preventing the exploit until next respawn
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/499753/light-of-life

Read the second post. I think the dude was trying to warn everyone... in a very weird way.
    Edited by ChunkyCat on November 1, 2019 6:00PM
  • Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jesus Christ! Can you just let people enjoy what's left of this game? Event after event there is someone constipated enough that calls for bans on "exploits" that are here since the begining of time and are a feature by now. First the random normal and now the skulls.
    The only thing people gain from those extra purple skulls is the ability to farm those, soon to be (or already) worthless, rewards a little bit faster so that they won't have to put themselves in a trivial and tiring grind. It also helps people that got into the event late, to catch up. All those rewards already worth nothing. People are giving them away for free. The gold skulls can't be farmed anyway.
    Same thing happened with the random normal during the undaunted event. NOBODY CARES FOR RANDOM NORMAL BECAUSE IT'S BORING AND EASY. THE WHOLE IDEA OF THE UNDAUNTED GUILD HASN'T BEEN REWORKED SINCE THE BASE GAME. People just had the ability to participate in the event, get those worthless rewards and continue with their gameplay. AND THE GROUP FINDER WAS BROKEN ANYWAY!
    Can you for once not be that kid that calls his mom because the lady across the street gave us double treat for Halloween?
    P.S. See you during mym when you complain about having to pvp for the rewards.

• Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is sad just sad you keep going on about something that if you done your homework youd see happens in more places then just the 1 your trying to call out why because they (bosses) all have different cooldowns ok so people done there's and found that A is 45 sec. B is 35 sec. C is 30 sec. so more are at C then AorB thing is all 3 are farms ALL3 ARE PART OF MMO GAMES your just bad you haven't had good RNG and want everyone who has to suffer like you sorry its not that way get out there and grind/farm we all do it just in different ways ruins/crypt/dolmans/normal dungeons

But hey just for you ZOS should bann anyway that plays the game BETTER then you we get it
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know why anyone would need to exploit anything. I've just got 40 odd skulls in less than an hour doing the dolmen run in Auridon.

Mind you my head is spinning now and I think I'm going deaf :D
  • Jaensn
    Jaensn
    ✭✭✭
    i like making new friends at such "hot spots". It gets tiring, though. All that skull opening...
  • stpdmonkey
    stpdmonkey
    ✭✭✭
    Most of the people who complain about something like this are the ones who help keep prices up. They buy all the ones who sell for less then them and resell. The mafia guilds on ps4 na server are a serious issue. Not people farming skulls and creating a cheaper market in the long run. Gold food is broken as is anyways. Most of us are sick of farming for hours to get nothing and are looking at another complete rebuild of our characters in this next patch. Let zos focus on fixing the broken game then we can worry about farms and stuff
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zurica wrote: »
    It seems that the 2019 event announcement is not clear enough for potatoes so taken from the 2018 event announcement:
    "You can defeat each individual type of boss and be guaranteed a Dremora Plunder Skull once per day, meaning you can acquire up to seven each day. Should you defeat the same type of boss again after already receiving your Dremora Plunder Skull, you’ll receive a regular Plunder Skull instead. Dremora Motif pages can be traded, so get ready to take on Tamriel’s monsters!"

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/54933

The regular (purple) Plunder Skulls have no limitations and the 3 minute cooldown was removed in 2018. Bosses however do have different respawn times, just because people have found quick spawning bosses doesn't mean they are exploiting the event.

As for people selling larger amount of writs, it's called inflation. They are buying them for cheap and reselling them at ridiculously high prices. They are doing the same thing with the gold recipes.

Exactly. And even if it is a glitch, banning people because the game is messed up is wrong. People would get bans having no clue what they did wrong. If ZOS wants to ban over glitches then they need to add warnings when you load up as to what is glitched and can get you a ban
    Edited by ZarkingFrued on November 2, 2019 1:07AM
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn, I thought the fast respawn for Taskmaster Zagrakh in Skyreach was quick, but this one must be nuts.
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
  • RealLoveBVB
    RealLoveBVB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi!

Just saw this thread and wanted to share something.

While questing I saw a strange group of a players just staying around between a daedraspawn (this spots, where 2 waves of daedras spawn when you get close) and a Mammoth (was a questboss). Both are dropping a plunderskull.

They were not moving at all, so I stayed there for a while and checked, what they did.

When the daedraspot spawned, one of the player got there and killed it. He then moved back to the group. 3 seconds later another player moved to the daedraspot (to loot), then moved back to the group. 3 seconds later another player moved to the deadraspot and looted and so on and so on...

So obviously one player used 5 accounts there to farm this 2 spots.

I whispered one of them and he answered back. So it was no usage of a bot.

Is that some kind of exploit, cheating or botusing too? I am not sure, how he was able to play 5 accs at once...would just be possible with 5 pcs?

• Crunkanaut
    Crunkanaut
    ✭✭✭
    I submitted a ticket awhile ago. I don't see anything being done yet. This whole issue is disgusting. Absolutely disgusting. I saw in a store in PS4 NA that one single guy was selling around 10 of the 20-piece witches festival writs. 10 OF THEM. The 20-piece witches festival writs are supposed to be ultra rare. After almost 6 days of really hard legitimate grinding, I've only gotten one. Because I don't cheat. So I get punished while this guy and countless others get hoards of everything. Fix this, ZOS. This reflects INCREDIBLY badly on you and on the countless people who have cheated.

Even if it was possible for this one guy to get 10 of those ultra rare items legitimately, that isn't the point, and I'm happy for him if he did everything without cheating. The point is that there have been a TON of people cheating and getting absolutely massive amounts of rare items because they cheated. And me and anyone else who has not cheated ends up being punished for playing by the rules. After a huge amount of legitimate work, I finally got the trio of new rare recipes. A lot of cheaters in my guilds have been bragging that they got several copies of each as well as tons of the new glenmoril motifs, as well because they did the exploit.

The bottom line is that it is not fair that cheaters are exploiting this glitch and getting hoards of rare items because they cheated. This is an exploit and the whole matter is against terms of service. No one should be heavily profiting off an exploit. This screws over non-cheaters. It's wrong.

you are one of the ppl who dont know whats game mechanic too

i can get 5 skulls in under 10 mins, just grp up do FG 1 normal rush through bosses reset dungeon repeat.
    get back to skyrim if you try to say thats not possible
  • Gnatrak
    Gnatrak
    ✭✭✭
    B3ORj4u.jpg
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos removed the other topics about it so I guess they know. I just tested the old Skyreach Hold farm and they patched it, so now the Erokii Ruins in Rivenspire and Mannskadi in Eastmarch are the only quick farms left.
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
  • Curious_Death
    Curious_Death
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos removed the other topics about it so I guess they know. I just tested the old Skyreach Hold farm and they patched it, so now the Erokii Ruins in Rivenspire and Mannskadi in Eastmarch are the only quick farms left.

ofc they know! I'm LMAO of police kids who try to make others as bad as themselves ... they can't accept the fact that some use mechanics much better than they do!

I got the report at least twice ... not counting the reports in the pvp arena ... at least the kids got ass kicked.

Greetings to those who think!
  • Sakibure
    Sakibure
    ✭✭✭
    Hi!

Just saw this thread and wanted to share something.

While questing I saw a strange group of a players just staying around between a daedraspawn (this spots, where 2 waves of daedras spawn when you get close) and a Mammoth (was a questboss). Both are dropping a plunderskull.

They were not moving at all, so I stayed there for a while and checked, what they did.

When the daedraspot spawned, one of the player got there and killed it. He then moved back to the group. 3 seconds later another player moved to the daedraspot (to loot), then moved back to the group. 3 seconds later another player moved to the deadraspot and looted and so on and so on...

So obviously one player used 5 accounts there to farm this 2 spots.

I whispered one of them and he answered back. So it was no usage of a bot.

Is that some kind of exploit, cheating or botusing too? I am not sure, how he was able to play 5 accs at once...would just be possible with 5 pcs?

If your PC is powerfull enough you can start the game several times on it. Switching BY ALT Tab through the single sessions. As long as you dont use any kind of macros and play manually there is no problem. I know several ppl having 10 accounts only to have their own 5x500 guild bank storage...
    This is only what ZOS is offering.

Imho the main issue is that all which is necessary, is being in a group, doing nothing else. One kills the boss and everyone gets a plunder skull. Even those who did not only one single damage on the boss. Creating a char with porting to a Boss near a public dungeon takes minutes. So there is no big effort to get i. e. from a player with the above mentioned 10 accs every single day 20 golden skulls....
    Edited by Sakibure on November 4, 2019 9:57PM
    <3 Liebe Grüße,
    Sakibure
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just making it clear that the constant respawning of the mammoth at the Eastmarch world boss is an exploit. There was the exact same exploit at the Giant's Camp world boss in the Rift during the first Witch's Festival years ago. I made sure Zos knew it was an issue, and it was patched so longer be able to exploited. Guess we all missed the Eastmarch one.

Don't be stupid. Don't exploit. If you want fast plunder skulls, go run nFG1 or nMA.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • hamgatan
    hamgatan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I submitted a ticket awhile ago. I don't see anything being done yet. This whole issue is disgusting. Absolutely disgusting. I saw in a store in PS4 NA that one single guy was selling around 10 of the 20-piece witches festival writs. 10 OF THEM. The 20-piece witches festival writs are supposed to be ultra rare. After almost 6 days of really hard legitimate grinding, I've only gotten one.

ZOS RNG is like Skyrim Physics. It doesn't make sense. You have gotten one.. I have gotten 5 or 6 easily. I wasn't grinding all day every day either. There's people who haven't gotten a Sugar Skulls recipe yet.. I got 4 in ONE DAY. Yet there are things that just won't drop for me (like Lokke daggers or Maelstrom Bows... ) no matter how many times I run it.

If someones selling ten, it's likely they found some cheap and are flipping them. That's economics.. Most people don't even know theres a difference between 1 voucher writs and 20 voucher writs. They just see the Witches Festival Writ itself and check the price and list it.

I grabbed two Skulls recipes and flipped them for twice what I bought them for. Spot opportunity and seize the moment. Noone, absolutely noone got rich off giving things away for nothing.. Don't be so quick as to cry EXPLLOOOIIIITT, perhaps learn the mechanics behind MMO economies and realise that FOMO is real.
    PC / NA - 1500 CP
    L50 Argonian MagTemplar PvE Healer (US/EP) "Smothers-With-Pillows"
    L50 Argonian StamPlar PvE DPS/Solo (US/EP) "The Rusty Argonian Spade"
    L50 Khajit StamPlar PvE DPS (US/EP) "Critteh Kitteh"
    L50 Khajit MagDK PvE DPS 97k (US/EP) "Snowflake Crusher"
    L50 Redguard StamDK PvE Tank (US/DC) "Rampant Rabbit"
    L50 Dunmer MagDK PvE DPS (US/DC) "Deep Fried Bin Chicken"
    L50 Altmer MagSorc PvE DPS (US/DC) "Acirrum" - The vMA/vvH Potato Sorc
    L50 Orc StamSorc PvE DPS (US/AD) "Fraggle Proc"
    L50 Altmer MagBlade PvE Healer (US/AD) "Never Goanna Heal You Up"
    L20 Redguard StamBlade PvP Tank (US/AD) "Sneak Dogg"
    L50 Breton MagWarden PvE Healer (US/EP) "Drunk-The-Koolaid"
    L40 Orc StamDen PvE DPS (US/EP) "Fugly Betty"
    L50 Breton MagCro PvE DPS (US/DC) "Ivanna Fakakakis"
    L50 Redguard StamCro PvE DPS (US/DC) "Skeletons In The Closet"
    L50 Dunmer Stam Arcanist PvE DPS 80k (US/EP) "Sends-The-Trout" - 1 Bar Oakensoul
    L20 Nord Arcanist PvE Tank (US/EP) "Now Thats a Huge Witch"

Xbox One / NA - 360 CP
    L50 Altmer MagBlade (US/AD) "Cork Soaking"
    L10 Argonian Templar (US/EP) "Makes-Me-Moist"
    L10 Argonian MagDK (US/EP) "<Forced-Name-Change>"
    L27 Altmer MagSorc (US/EP) "Sorcie McSorcface"

|GM - The Bin Chicken Alliance | Aussie Dragon Slayers | Aedra | The Skooma Emporium | The Bus | The Bounty Hunters Guild |
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just making it clear that the constant respawning of the mammoth at the Eastmarch world boss is an exploit. There was the exact same exploit at the Giant's Camp world boss in the Rift during the first Witch's Festival years ago. I made sure Zos knew it was an issue, and it was patched so longer be able to exploited. Guess we all missed the Eastmarch one.

Don't be stupid. Don't exploit. If you want fast plunder skulls, go run nFG1 or nMA.

Given the fact that Zos hasn't banned anyone for farming taskmaster Zagrakh in Skyreach Hold, which was the exact same thing as farming Mannskadi and letting the giant reset now, I highly doubt anyone will get banned for doing this, or farming the 3 bosses at Erokii Ruins while one person sits there so they respawn every 30 seconds. They just patched Zagrakh without telling anyone, and they'll do the same for this.
    Xbox NA healer main
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Given the fact that Zos hasn't banned anyone for farming taskmaster Zagrakh in Skyreach Hold, which was the exact same thing as farming Mannskadi and letting the giant reset now, I highly doubt anyone will get banned for doing this, or farming the 3 bosses at Erokii Ruins while one person sits there so they respawn every 30 seconds. They just patched Zagrakh without telling anyone, and they'll do the same for this.

I'm frankly not expecting people to get banned for something like this. It'll get patched for sure tho, as it's actually being forwarded to the devs. I mean if Giant's Camp was, Mannskadi will be.

Still, yall, don't be stupid and exploit.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • hamgatan
    hamgatan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's worse I have heard reports of people being very upset if during the course of normal gameplay you prevent said exploiters from triggering the exploit. To the point that they use things such as taunts to prevent players that are just trying to play the game from engaging in gameplay and being rude about it. In one case they even supposedly reported someone for harrassment after one of the mobs was killed preventing the exploit until next respawn

oh you mean like this? (Sorry poor quality - on my work laptop on low settings at the mo')

https://youtu.be/KqivJGoqifI

I was merely trying to get my gold skull from the Giant. Got whispered to stop killing the giant as i was ruining their group exploiting Mannskadi.

So subsequently I decided to stick around for half an hour and deliberatly mess with the respawn and their plunder skull farming :) You can see in the vid that they are deliberately trying to pull the Giant out of his zone and rubber band him so he resets and technically isn't killable.

So i slotted Inner Fire. Come at me brah! All reported. Watch some of them mount up and leave when they realise what's happening..

Edited by hamgatan on November 7, 2019 1:23AM
    PC / NA - 1500 CP
    L50 Argonian MagTemplar PvE Healer (US/EP) "Smothers-With-Pillows"
    L50 Argonian StamPlar PvE DPS/Solo (US/EP) "The Rusty Argonian Spade"
    L50 Khajit StamPlar PvE DPS (US/EP) "Critteh Kitteh"
    L50 Khajit MagDK PvE DPS 97k (US/EP) "Snowflake Crusher"
    L50 Redguard StamDK PvE Tank (US/DC) "Rampant Rabbit"
    L50 Dunmer MagDK PvE DPS (US/DC) "Deep Fried Bin Chicken"
    L50 Altmer MagSorc PvE DPS (US/DC) "Acirrum" - The vMA/vvH Potato Sorc
    L50 Orc StamSorc PvE DPS (US/AD) "Fraggle Proc"
    L50 Altmer MagBlade PvE Healer (US/AD) "Never Goanna Heal You Up"
    L20 Redguard StamBlade PvP Tank (US/AD) "Sneak Dogg"
    L50 Breton MagWarden PvE Healer (US/EP) "Drunk-The-Koolaid"
    L40 Orc StamDen PvE DPS (US/EP) "Fugly Betty"
    L50 Breton MagCro PvE DPS (US/DC) "Ivanna Fakakakis"
    L50 Redguard StamCro PvE DPS (US/DC) "Skeletons In The Closet"
    L50 Dunmer Stam Arcanist PvE DPS 80k (US/EP) "Sends-The-Trout" - 1 Bar Oakensoul
    L20 Nord Arcanist PvE Tank (US/EP) "Now Thats a Huge Witch"

Xbox One / NA - 360 CP
    L50 Altmer MagBlade (US/AD) "Cork Soaking"
    L10 Argonian Templar (US/EP) "Makes-Me-Moist"
    L10 Argonian MagDK (US/EP) "<Forced-Name-Change>"
    L27 Altmer MagSorc (US/EP) "Sorcie McSorcface"

|GM - The Bin Chicken Alliance | Aussie Dragon Slayers | Aedra | The Skooma Emporium | The Bus | The Bounty Hunters Guild |