The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Plunders skull exploit

Draffut
Draffut
Soul Shriven
Be aware that certain players are taking advantage of a bug that is allowing them to get hundreds of plunder skulls per hour. This devalues all plunder and is no better than botting
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't already submit a report within the game under exploits.

Additionally PM ZOS staff (Gina, Jess, Sarah) with information and they can forward it on to those who can take action.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • xeha_arwen11
    xeha_arwen11
    ✭✭✭✭
    I submitted a ticket awhile ago. I don't see anything being done yet. This whole issue is disgusting. Absolutely disgusting. I saw in a store in PS4 NA that one single guy was selling around 10 of the 20-piece witches festival writs. 10 OF THEM. The 20-piece witches festival writs are supposed to be ultra rare. After almost 6 days of really hard legitimate grinding, I've only gotten one. Because I don't cheat. So I get punished while this guy and countless others get hoards of everything. Fix this, ZOS. This reflects INCREDIBLY badly on you and on the countless people who have cheated.

Even if it was possible for this one guy to get 10 of those ultra rare items legitimately, that isn't the point, and I'm happy for him if he did everything without cheating. The point is that there have been a TON of people cheating and getting absolutely massive amounts of rare items because they cheated. And me and anyone else who has not cheated ends up being punished for playing by the rules. After a huge amount of legitimate work, I finally got the trio of new rare recipes. A lot of cheaters in my guilds have been bragging that they got several copies of each as well as tons of the new glenmoril motifs, as well because they did the exploit.

The bottom line is that it is not fair that cheaters are exploiting this glitch and getting hoards of rare items because they cheated. This is an exploit and the whole matter is against terms of service. No one should be heavily profiting off an exploit. This screws over non-cheaters. It's wrong.
    Edited by xeha_arwen11 on October 29, 2019 7:21PM
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I submitted a ticket awhile ago. I don't see anything being done yet. This whole issue is disgusting. Absolutely disgusting. I saw in a store in PS4 NA that one single guy was selling around 10 of the 20-piece witches festival writs. 10 OF THEM. The 20-piece witches festival writs are supposed to be ultra rare. After 6 days of really hard legitimate grinding, I've only gotten one. Because I don't cheat. So I get punished while this guy and countless others get hoards of everything. Fix this, ZOS. This reflects INCREDIBLY badly on you and on the countless people who have cheated.

You know you can also buy the writs with tickets right? They drop from there too.
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You mean they are circumventing the cool down on skull drops?
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the only evidence is that someone is selling 10 writs then i have bad news, i have 16 so far and didnt used any kind of exploit, just by playing the game.
    Btw, the writs you can buy are bound...
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sudaki_eso wrote: »
    If the only evidence is that someone is selling 10 writs then i have bad news, i have 16 so far and didnt used any kind of exploit, just by playing the game.
    Btw, the writs you can buy are bound...

Ah, thanks. Didn't notice that.
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • dagrdagaz_5912
    dagrdagaz_5912
    ✭✭✭
    the 20-piece witches festival writs. 10 OF THEM. The 20-piece witches festival writs are supposed to be ultra rare.
    xeha_arwen11 is talking about witches festival writs that reward 20 Writ Vouchers instead of 1
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just submit a ticket with all the information.

But remember the 4 following things:
    1. ZOS will never tell you if or what they did about your report.
    2. The writs can drop from any plunder skull (Gold or Purple).
    3. Farming the purple skulls is easy, it is very easy to get 3 every 5 minutes in public dungeons, or group farming Dolmens.
    4. Some players buy stuff and resell the items
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Draffut
    Draffut
    Soul Shriven
    Submitted a ticket, kind of like bear or cat farming, but bosses respawn every 30 seconds or so bypassing cooldown
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As the others may have said, if you have event tickets, you can buy a writ from the Impresario’s Apprentice, Wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if people were buying tickets with crowns and using those tickets to buy Witches Festival Writs.
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just did a quick internet search, and found a recent video. It 47 min long from the other day and show some people camping a broke instant respawn boss. They are getting plunder skulls as fast as they can pick them up.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    Just did a quick internet search, and found a recent video. It 47 min long from the other day and show some people camping a broke instant respawn boss. They are getting plunder skulls as fast as they can pick them up.

I think I know the one you mean. The bosses respawn fast -- that's not a problem -- but there's no cooldown on the Plunder Skulls.
    Even Na-Totambu Group Event has a cooldown on the Plunder Skulls.
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Day 1 of the event, I farmed about 60 skulls, mostly from Alkir Dolmen and Deshan Public Dungeon. Day 2, I farmed over 100 skulls in nFG1. And additionally 7x2 Gloden pounders. I got 13 writs out of these and 8 of then were 20 Vouchers.

Did I cheat? No.
    Did I get lucky with drops? Yes.

Drop rates for the writs or recepie are bad but not Terrible.
    Although, the way servers have been acting up, it's a shame on ZOS if something like a boss with no plunder cooldown is broken and they cant get to hot fix it.
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • Jem_Kindheart
    Jem_Kindheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    On PC-NA they still have the plunder skull cooldown at this location and the bosses respawn slower than pub dungeons lol. This 'glitch' must be on console. I noticed the player in the video had a PS controller interface.
    Longtimer since beta, the usual. 26 CP toons. ~1700cp on main account, 1000cp on 2nd account. Endgame-ish lol. Most Vets / some HM's cleared.
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As the others may have said, if you have event tickets, you can buy a writ from the Impresario’s Apprentice, Wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if people were buying tickets with crowns and using those tickets to buy Witches Festival Writs.

Yes, but bought Writs are bound and can't be sold.
    OP is talking about writs that give 20 vouchers which are rarer than regular ones. Of course RNG is god in this,,, :)
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, but bought Writs are bound and can't be sold.
    OP is talking about writs that give 20 vouchers which are rarer than regular ones. Of course RNG is god in this,,, :)

Tbh I’ve got about 6 of those 20-writ once from 2 hours in a pub dungeon . No cheating just rng

Just a shame I don’t have the recipe
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 20 writ sales could also be players flipping them from others who were selling them cheap.
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    FYI the writs only drop from the gold skulls, so even if someone is exploiting the purp ones, this doesn't give them any shot at writs. Make sure you have your facts straight or no one will take you seriously. Exploits suck if they are really exploits.

I've farmed 21 writs so far from golds, none are the rare.

Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    @jaws343 impossible to get writs from anything not gold. So you didn't get them from purp skulls bud.
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    *****wet blanket alert*****

It’s not an exploit; It’s a feature!

And if you hung out for any length of time; then realized “I’m not getting anything good from these hundreds of skulls”

there may had been a distinct taste of being bamboozled. You’re being deliberately kept on the hamster wheel.

Like you could grind this whole event out and still have no chance of getting everything you wanted.

Remember to Tip your host

Is it allowed to tell people how to do this?

If Not Just Clip This Part

Someone without the Delve Achievement stays there and the bosses will respawn every 15 seconds or so. You cannot pick up the loot or attack anything at all. Just stay there and hope to get tips.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jaws343 impossible to get writs from anything not gold. So you didn't get them from purp skulls bud.

What? I wasn't claiming to have gotten anything from anything. You may have me mistaken for another post or you may need to re-read my post before calling me out for some reason.

What I did say was that it is also likely that people are getting the 20 writ writs off of vendors for cheap from other players and reselling them. Since someone else in this post is complaining about other players having a bunch of 20 writ writs for sale, that is one method they could use to amass that amount.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    If you haven't already submit a report within the game under exploits.

Additionally PM ZOS staff (Gina, Jess, Sarah) with information and they can forward it on to those who can take action.

This. Zos needs names and what they are doing. Wise to not post what they are doing in the forums.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The exploit on PS4NA is real, I heard all about it last night. People were apparently getting skulls faster then they could open them.

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    yup jaws your right that wasn't your post my bad. was looking at the one above you and got splinched. Sorry.
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
  • Curious_Death
    Curious_Death
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1st... nerf pvp combos or skills... now nerf skulls drop rate... ffs this is getting disgusting...
  • Curious_Death
    Curious_Death
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The exploit on PS4NA is real, I heard all about it last night. People were apparently getting skulls faster then they could open them.

i heard... that we re getting better and better servers and lags in cyro will gone!
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On PC-NA they still have the plunder skull cooldown at this location and the bosses respawn slower than pub dungeons lol. This 'glitch' must be on console. I noticed the player in the video had a PS controller interface.

Apparently you don't know how to trigger the fast respawn ...
    shades.gif

• SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ban hammer coming, how are they going to police this, anyone that picked up more than 30 skulls an hour?
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
  • beadabow
    beadabow
    ✭✭✭
    Thought there was something odd in one of the delves I did when the festival opened. I stuck around with some other players standing around for a respawn and the boss returned rather quickly. I admit, I stayed for a few more purple skulls, but wanted to continue getting the day's gold skulls. When I returned the next day, the boss wasn't respawning as quickly. I honestly thought it was just a bug.
  • Gnatrak
    Gnatrak
    ✭✭✭
    It seems that the 2019 event announcement is not clear enough for potatoes so taken from the 2018 event announcement:
    "You can defeat each individual type of boss and be guaranteed a Dremora Plunder Skull once per day, meaning you can acquire up to seven each day. Should you defeat the same type of boss again after already receiving your Dremora Plunder Skull, you’ll receive a regular Plunder Skull instead. Dremora Motif pages can be traded, so get ready to take on Tamriel’s monsters!"

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/54933

The regular (purple) Plunder Skulls have no limitations and the 3 minute cooldown was removed in 2018. Bosses however do have different respawn times, just because people have found quick spawning bosses doesn't mean they are exploiting the event.

As for people selling larger amount of writs, it's called inflation. They are buying them for cheap and reselling them at ridiculously high prices. They are doing the same thing with the gold recipes.