The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

BEHEMOTH - Hybrid Necro No-CP PvP-Build

ChefZero
ChefZero
✭✭✭✭
Hey guys,

here's my recent super awesome most brutal PvP build for you called BEHEMOTH. This *** is all about pain, death and metal.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=177988

So what's the point about this build and why do I call it hybrid?

Well personally I would categorize it as a support/utility tank. Of course it isn't a unkillable 1vX godtank by far but it makes you helpful to your mates by offering a synergie, debuffs, CC and heals.
Hybrid because this build utilizes both pools of resources pretty well, stacks magic/physical penetration and the damage comes from many different types including all types of status effects.

I run this build succesfully since 3 months or more and what I can tell you from my experience now it's all about "easy to learn, hard to master". Leeching Plate + Grothdarr is a dumb combination because you just have to stand there AFK and if something attacks you LP procs and will proc Grothdarr too. So it's easy for newbies to facetank bad players in IC for example. Just stand there, hold block, press sometimes Expunge and wait to execute a guy.
But to master it you have to read the fight and pick the right places, because you have to force the enemy to do what you want to do them. Take control over the battlefield.

Sadly I dont't think I'm good about writing guides so just ask if you want to know something about the skills I'm using, the playstyle etc... :)
PC EU - DC only
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great build, @ChefZero, but always best to display base (unbuffed) stats + battle spirit ... so interested players have something to use as a template.
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great build, @ChefZero, but always best to display base (unbuffed) stats + battle spirit ... so interested players have something to use as a template.

I know that's why I didn't add every buff, only the common ones on UESP.

So here my true ingame stats with bufffood, without minor/major buffs and battle spirit.

5Za0Gko.png
    Sorry for german client.
    PC EU - DC only
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Schöne, but why Agility 2h over Asylum 2h? Why Imperial over Nord?
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭
    Schöne, but why Agility 2h over Asylum 2h? Why Imperial over Nord?

Agility got buffed last update and it boosts damage and vigor on frontbar a bit. I don't need the ultigen.

Imperial for the off-regen and the cost reduction. I didn't want to stack resistance because of the onslaught meta and tankiness comes from max health, major protection, mender and blocking deadly combos.
    PC EU - DC only
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Interesting idea but I really dont see how you can kill a descent player with that build. Can you show some gameplay?
    Because I can!
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »
    Interesting idea but I really dont see how you can kill a descent player with that build. Can you show some gameplay?

Most tank-type builds won't be able to kill anybody 1v1, but you shouldn't die 1v1 either. The purpose as he noted was to provide CC, debuffs, synergies, etc. A tank can be a force multiplier in this way, so that ideally, 3 DDs + 1 Tank beats 44 DDs, or, 2 DD + 1 Healer + 1 Tank beats any other combo.

Of course it doesn't always work out this way, but it's a nice idea and something to work towards.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChefZero wrote: »
    Agility got buffed last update and it boosts damage and vigor on frontbar a bit. I don't need the ultigen.

Imperial for the off-regen and the cost reduction. I didn't want to stack resistance because of the onslaught meta and tankiness comes from max health, major protection, mender and blocking deadly combos.

That's true about Imperial, you will have much better sustain. However in my view on this build, the Ult Gen of Asylum 2h should outperform the extra damage from Agility. Your Ults are really strong and provide a good deal of force multiplication, so the more the better, although I do see why you prefer Imperial over Nord.

• Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course you could get more group support out of Battalion Defender over Crest, but I don't think it's a good idea for Battlegrounds at all. The BD heal is just too small for BGs, in my experience.
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭

Sorry but my PC is a 5 years old gaming notebook and I don't know much about recording and uploading footage. But you could describe a scenario so I can tell you how I would react in this case.
    Edited by ChefZero on November 3, 2019 9:17PM
    PC EU - DC only
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭

Most tank-type builds won't be able to kill anybody 1v1, but you shouldn't die 1v1 either. The purpose as he noted was to provide CC, debuffs, synergies, etc. A tank can be a force multiplier in this way, so that ideally, 3 DDs + 1 Tank beats 44 DDs, or, 2 DD + 1 Healer + 1 Tank beats any other combo.

Of course it doesn't always work out this way, but it's a nice idea and something to work towards.

Very good explanation!

Well it's hard to handle a group setup with 3 ranged guys or all squishies in BGs but you can still carry if you're experienced and your group is talking and listening to you.

That's true about Imperial, you will have much better sustain. However in my view on this build, the Ult Gen of Asylum 2h should outperform the extra damage from Agility. Your Ults are really strong and provide a good deal of force multiplication, so the more the better, although I do see why you prefer Imperial over Nord.

Seems like I just have another philosophy about ultigen. In my opinion ultigen is potent on low cost and high utility ults so I can frequently cast it but I don't like it on high cost ults because it doesn't matter if I can cast an ult every 30 instead of 40 seconds (experineces what I gained from a few MOBAs, where you force a teamfight when your ults are up but enemy ones not).

Of course you could get more group support out of Battalion Defender over Crest, but I don't think it's a good idea for Battlegrounds at all. The BD heal is just too small for BGs, in my experience.

You're right. CC is the core about self healing in this build because Mender + Vigor won't save you and Deaden Pain is more proactive rather than reactive. BD is cool and I saw some builds with it in combination with CC but I don't think it's a strong support set for tanks.
    PC EU - DC only
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BD is cool and I saw some builds with it in combination with CC but I don't think it's a strong support set for tanks.

Platoon or Squad Defender would be a more accurate title, it's pretty good for a tank supporting a very small group in Cyro, but in a large group with healers or solo Crest is probably better, since it provides nearly the same HPS with less necessity to block.

Good points about Ult Gen. The same is true for Balorgh. Both are much better in Cyro than in BGs.

To be honest, I find if I'm specced as a tank and queue into a Death Match with 3 ranged players, the team would benefit most from me dropping out and them finding another teammate. I can sit there and buff their damage and provide weak heals and that's about it. Some communication and cohesion could ameliorate this but those things are hard to come by in a random group.
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭
    To be honest, I find if I'm specced as a tank and queue into a Death Match with 3 ranged players, the team would benefit most from me dropping out and them finding another teammate. I can sit there and buff their damage and provide weak heals and that's about it. Some communication and cohesion could ameliorate this but those things are hard to come by in a random group.

It can work if your mates focus your targets and you pick carefully the engagements. Fun to run into few enemies and you're followed by arrows and other stuff. :D
    PC EU - DC only
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It can work if your mates focus your targets and you pick carefully the engagements. Fun to run into few enemies and you're followed by arrows and other stuff. :D

Right, rush in as the Melee Finisher, it's a nice idea and the only real plan for these scenarios, but it rarely pans out well for me.