Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Seriously 500 gems?!

MagicalLija
MagicalLija
✭✭✭✭✭
A reskin of a senche-raht.

100 gems more than an apex.

10/10 pricing
  • perditioner
    perditioner
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, it's the amount I would be willing to pay (100) more than the amount I expected (400)
    Edited by perditioner on October 10, 2019 5:45PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep!

Its the inevitable result of Crown Crates. People bought Crown Crates, then wanted a chance to eventually get their items, hence Crown Gems. But because Crown Crates are inherently a money-making proposition based on the theory that you'll buy more to get the item you really want, ZOS can't let there be too many Crown Gems in circulation. Hence, introducing Crown Gems sinks in Gem-exclusive interns. Plus, they know players will buy crates to get gems for those items. Its a win-win for ZOS!

The only way for players to win is to conquer their fear of missing out and stop buying Crown Crates. But that'll happen in a month of Sundays.
  • Hymzir
    Hymzir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking of buying the watcher, 'cause it's kinda cool and I have the gems, but guess I'll skip it. It's still way too expensive for what it is, and there are couple of furnishing items in the current season of Clown Crates that are much more worthy of my gems.

I'd have to buy a ton of crates to assure I got those furnishings, if I wasted my gems on the watcher, and there is no way in hell I'd buy even single of those freaking crates. 99% of their contents are utter trash to me and I would have to be physically coerced into buying even of these crates. Plus seeing all that useless crap and *** clogging up my collection tabs, reminding me, that I was forced to waste money on that trash, instead of just buying what I actually wanted, would just nauseate me. And there's bound to be more watcher reskisn in the future, 'cause that's what ZOS does, milk every model to the ground with cheap reskins. Where as those special furnishings will prolly ever be available in these crates, and waiting for alternatives to appaer is kinda futile..

[removed bashing comment]
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on November 4, 2019 9:26PM
  • msalvia
    msalvia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a theory that ESO is a great social experiment. Here's what I suspect ZOS is trying to learn from us:

1. How much time and effort will players put into getting Indrik Mounts that function exactly like all others (via the event ticket/feather/berry promotions)?
    2. How much IRL money will players spend to get cosmetics that function exactly like all others (crown crates)?
    3. How much IRL money will players spend to avoid playing the game (skill lines for sale at the crown store)?

As a social scientist, I'm fascinated, and I hope they hire me so I can see the results.
  • carly
    carly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was hoping it would be purchasable with crowns, would have bought it.
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In an amusing quirk of game bugginess, if you view the Pocket Watcher, then swap to viewing the Goutfang Senche-Raht, you have a very brief moment in which you get to see a tiny, toy-sized Goutfang Senche-Raht before the interface realizes what's going on and catches up with you.

This amuses me greatly.

If the Pocket Watcher had been 100 gems, I might have purchased it, despite how much I detest gem-only items. After all, that would have been in line with other gem-only pets they've released. But this? Bah.
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a stash of gems laying around and didn't have
    the original skin so I bought it.

The resolution of textures looks higher on this reskin. The colors are amazing, especially in the sunlight. It looks better than most crown crates apex mounts imo.
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    End of the year is coming up. Zo$ needs to make as much as they can, esp with the fallout of fallout 76. So it appears they are charging ESO players the extra in order to make up the loss and to appeal to their private share holders.

• Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why do people think that everything in the crown or gem store is supposed to be for them. If you don't have the amount of gems required, then that product is not for you...it is for those who have that amount of gems.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    🐳
    PC EU
  • OolongSnakeTea
    OolongSnakeTea
    ✭✭✭✭
    They gonna milk it till governments change the laws about micro transactions and 'fun surprise mechanics'.
    "I try to create sympathy for my characters, then turn the monsters loose."– Stephen King

• Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They gonna milk it till governments change the laws about micro transactions and 'fun surprise mechanics'.

They can just do what Valve did.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do people think that everything in the crown or gem store is supposed to be for them. If you don't have the amount of gems required, then that product is not for you...it is for those who have that amount of gems.

Rofl I laughed so hard at this and have no idea why. Probably akin to the study that found that 80% of all accidents occur 20 miles from people's home. Well of course they do you are within 20 miles of your home 80% of the time.
  • dagrdagaz_5912
    dagrdagaz_5912
    ✭✭✭

Not exactly.
    If u do not have that amount of gems, Zo$ wants u to spend real money to get that amount.
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Not exactly.
    If u do not have that amount of gems, Zo$ wants u to spend real money to get that amount.

Yes, and you either decide it's within your means to do so, or you decide it's not within your means to do so. It's not supposed to be within everyone's means to do so, because simply playing the game to begin with is not within every person's means to do so.