The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

House item limits?

Danikat
Danikat
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Have I got the correct item limits for each type of house?

Free Inn Room: 15
With ESO Plus: 30

Apartment: 50
With ESO Plus: 100

Small House: 100
With ESO Plus: 200

Medium House: 200
With ESO Plus: 400

Large House: 300
With ESO Plus: 600

Manor: 350
With ESO Plus: 700
PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • david19979
    david19979
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. Honestly, this doesn't make a lot of sense. Some large houses are bigger than the manors. I would be pleased with an extra 200 available space. There should be a vendor who sells furnishing limit upgrades..
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, good to know I do have the right values. :)

I have mixed feelings on the item limit. I've been experimenting with decorating Mournoth Keep, which is one of the biggest medium houses, without ESO Plus, and I think I can make it look pretty good even with the limit, and using over half the items on the garden.

But on the other hand I think it helps that it's quite a dark house which lends itself to a more 'minimalist' style. I've used a lot of big rugs and tapestries to add colour and they also fill up space and I tended to stay away from things like placing a hutch and then filling the shelves with items because I couldn't be bothered placing them all.

I can see how someone aiming for a different decorating style would quickly run into trouble with the limit, and it would be frustrating to be restricted by something that seems fairly arbitrary.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what happens to the house that has maxed out items through eso+, and the member stop being a eso+ member?
  • BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artemiisia wrote: »
    what happens to the house that has maxed out items through eso+, and the member stop being a eso+ member?

It's like the crafting bag. The items will stay in the house, but you can't add any more items into it, and if you take one out, you can't put it back unless you either resub or drop under the non-sub limit.

Personally, I haven't had too much trouble with the item limits either... but then again, I've been making decisions to avoid hiking it up, like avoiding using blocks to build anything bigger than a waist-high wall. I can them being problematic for more intricate builds.
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • MAEK
    MAEK
    ✭✭✭✭

You won't be able to edit your furnishings unless you re-subscribe or remove enough items. You might be able to move around stuff, but not add anything, though I am not certain.
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    good 2 know, ty BlackSparrow :)

the limits will be fine for me as well, dont want clutter :)

though one of my houses, will resemble a hoarders house :D
  • david19979
    david19979
    ✭✭✭

but then again, I've been making decisions to avoid hiking it up, like avoiding using blocks to build anything bigger than a waist-high wall. I can them being problematic for more intricate builds.

That's the thing. We can't let our imagination take control because we are forced into these tight limits. You can either have a house with furiture scattered here and there, or a gallery with one or two rooms fully decorated and the rest being an empty warehouse. Take your pick.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know.

I assume that the items will stay in the house but you won't be able to add any more (even if you weren't at the ESO Plus limit) and if you remove any you won't be able to put them back.

But that's just a guess based on how other things work and what would make sense to me. I had ESO Plus for 1 month back in the summer and all the items that went into my crafting bag are still in there (but all the ones I've gotten since are in my inventory), the costumes I dyed are still dyed and so on.

ZOS might explain it when housing is released, like they did when the crafting bag came out. But if not I think we'll have to wait until someone buys a house, subs, exceeds the non-sub furniture limit and their sub lapses.

• Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol I sometimes get abit paranoid, so my biggest fear is putting 700 items into a manor, and then I unsub, next thing eso has randomly selected to do a magic trick and make 350 items disappear for good :D
  • Shadowasrial
    Shadowasrial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    700 is small for a manor. Someone lined the dock on the island with candles and it took all the entire 700 item cap
  • fallentemplar
    fallentemplar
    ✭✭✭
    I think that the limits should be the same for subs and free players as it looks like a way to get alot of subs which failed for zos when it was a paid to play game added on to the fact everyone must buy morrowind which is not far under one years sub it self really hoping this doesnt lose players
  • PriorityBalle
    PriorityBalle
    ✭✭✭
    #IncreaseHouseItemLimit

Pliz
    Pedin i phith in aníron, a nin ú-cheniathog

• Zlewozmywak
    Zlewozmywak
    Soul Shriven
    +1

I have ebonheart chateu and its impossible to make it look decent even with 700 eso+ limit. Its huge.
  • Rainwhisper
    Rainwhisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surely they've gotten the message that those of us who care about housing desperately want this. I'd love a clear, "No, it's not possible" or a clear "We know you want this, and we're committed to making it happen."
  • Bleakraven
    Bleakraven
    ✭✭✭✭
    We should at least double the max amount we have now. It's impossible to decently furnish a home.
  • MopeyHat
    MopeyHat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now that I think about it a bit more, it's probably less about the individual houses' performance as it is about having thousands of house instances creating a high load server-side...I would hope they have enough usage info now, and maybe the data will let us have more items :0

Though by this logic, it's still moronically arbitrary to have any difference in item caps across houses.
  • Weps
    Weps
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not so much into housing, especially because of these limits.
    If they can double the space then it'll be a really interesting aspect to explore.
    PS4 EU - CP 1000+ - EP Loyal

My EU Preciouses
    Aemon Dk | Imperial Dragonknight Tank
    Guari Gaburiefu | PvP Stamplar - Soon PvE tank
    Nadija Zenobia | 45k+ PvE Dk - PvP Leaper
    Naga del Serpente | High Elf Magicka Sorc PVE DPS - Soon tb 2nd crafter
    Azor Ahai V | Dunmer Magicka DK for PVP and Pve
    Jabba D'Cat | Khajiit Stamplar
    Gennarino Auditore | 7k Weapon damage Bosmer Stamblade / Ganking experimental build
    Rina Inbasu | Dunmer Magblade, my bomblade
    Zelgadis Greywords | High Elf Magplar
    Nachael Jordan | Redguard Stamsorc DPS
    Orghuz Diul | StamWar DPS
    This-Will-Buff-If | Argonian Warden Trial Off tank
    Amelia Tesla Sallilune | Breton Magden PvP DD / PvE healer
    Sap-My-Shield | PvP Nooblade, now dead PvE Tank
  • Hammy01
    Hammy01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The real kicker is i see stuff in the crown store that i would love to put in either of my two houses but since i am at cap i don't bother spending any money!
  • shipv
    shipv
    ✭✭
    necroing this thread.. anyone know of an information page that lists the various items limits on various houses? Above lists item limits.. I tried to place storage chests in one of the free apartments and after placing two I got the message "you do not have any more room for Collections Furnishings in this house".

So what are the limits on these types of furnishings (crown store furniture or just chests?) for various houses? I'd like to get an apartment for trial/event prepping. Tempted to buy one of the cheaper apartments with crowns but how do I know if I can put all of my storage chests in there?

Anyone know?
  • theskymoves
    theskymoves
    ✭✭✭✭
    shipv wrote: »
    necroing this thread.. anyone know of an information page that lists the various items limits on various houses? Above lists item limits.. I tried to place storage chests in one of the free apartments and after placing two I got the message "you do not have any more room for Collections Furnishings in this house".

So what are the limits on these types of furnishings (crown store furniture or just chests?) for various houses? I'd like to get an apartment for trial/event prepping. Tempted to buy one of the cheaper apartments with crowns but how do I know if I can put all of my storage chests in there?

Anyone know?

The table on the UESP 'Player Housing' page has links to detailed info on each residence, including a breakdown on the caps for each type of furnishing, with and without ESO+.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One solution would be to have different counters for inside and outside, but not all houses have a courtyard/exterior.

But because they are instanced, I don't see why it could not be done.

For example - I could put all the 700 items in the interior of the Psijic Villa, so then why not have 700 more slots for the exterior?
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    kind_hero wrote: »
    One solution would be to have different counters for inside and outside, but not all houses have a courtyard/exterior.

But because they are instanced, I don't see why it could not be done.

For example - I could put all the 700 items in the interior of the Psijic Villa, so then why not have 700 more slots for the exterior?
    Mostly because both the interior and exterior exist in the same instance of space, the interior is directly below the exterior. First they need to separate the areas and then the item limits can apply independently for each section. At this point I don’t think they can fix that without completely wrecking existing houses
  • HawkFest
    HawkFest
    ✭✭✭
    I think that the limits should be the same for subs and free players as it looks like a way to get alot of subs which failed for zos when it was a paid to play game added on to the fact everyone must buy morrowind which is not far under one years sub it self really hoping this doesnt lose players

More over, when talking about big mansions, large houses or manors, most people would have got them via crowns (real money), and they cost much more than ant DLC/Expansion! So yeah it would make sense that none of its mechanics would be tied with the ESO Plus membership. I've paid about 100$CND for the Daggerfall Overlook, and I'm very dissatisfied with this limit obliging me to an ESO Plus membership. And even then, the limit is way too low! Not fair, not business friendly (more over when they can't answer for items I couldn't remove nor focus on - after dropping them like behind some wall's havock that doesn't correspond to the actual geometry).
  • HawkFest
    HawkFest
    ✭✭✭
    HawkFest wrote: »

More over, when talking about big mansions, large houses or manors, most people would have got them via crowns (real money), and they cost much more than ant DLC/Expansion! So yeah it would make sense that none of its mechanics would be tied with the ESO Plus membership. I've paid about 100$CND for the Daggerfall Overlook, and I'm very dissatisfied with this limit obliging me to an ESO Plus membership. And even then, the limit is way too low! Not fair, not business friendly (more over when they can't answer for items I couldn't remove nor focus on - after dropping them like behind some wall's havock that doesn't correspond to the actual geometry).

Another point: at that price (more than a AAA game title), one would expect to have his/her house availbele on bothe servers. But that's not even the case!

• Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its sad that in the summerset house i had to block off an whole side room due to being 696/700 if it was 800 or even 1000 being i could always do more outside id beable to use every room but unfortunately its just dead space to an really great home
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Another point: at that price (more than a AAA game title), one would expect to have his/her house availbele on bothe servers. But that's not even the case!

+++ to both these eso+ to have full items in something we paid 100$ for seems wrong that 100$ should paid for them rights too

Edited by Nordic__Knights on October 27, 2019 12:28AM
  • Darsaga
    Darsaga
    ✭✭✭
    I have the Dark Brotherhood cave. I would love more Special slots. 10 is no where near enough. I spent a lot of money and would like to be able to display my radiant mounts, have my banker and merchant out, and my three pets in my bedroom like IRL. However I can’t 😩

So please increase Special slots at least in the gigantic homes!