The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

ESO: Action Packed MMO... or... The SIMS

• oghannon_ESO
    oghannon_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The SIMS
    ShadowHvo wrote: »
    The people who've voted Sims properly never played it.

sul sul.

I've properly played Sims 2, Sims 3, and Sims 4. Sims 3 is still my favorite, but I'm warming up (one expansion at a time) to Sims 4. Properly.

• max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do miss the Sims 3 now that you mention it.
    They shut down the official player mod page long ago.... some excellent architecture on there
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Action Packed MMO
    I don't think ESO is anything like Sims. Sure, they have housing and fashion but, IMO, nothing like Sims. And, yes, I played Sims 2, 3, and 4. Sims 3 was my favorite. I loved the open world and with mods and custom content, you could do sooooo much with your characters looks and with houses.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • RogueShark
    RogueShark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are we talking about the same Sims here?
    Cuz all I remember of the Sims is that you had to go through some effort to kill your people off. Remove ladders from swimming pools, etc. In ESO, I have the luxury of flinging myself off of mountaintops with no inhibitions or my pesky character AI's "will to live".
    PC NA
    Will heal DPS for memes.
  • darthgummibear_ESO
    darthgummibear_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The SIMS
    Sad part is that the monetization is going the way of the sims.
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The SIMS

sul sul.

I've played The Sims, Sims 2, Sims 3, Sims 4, and the Sims Online.
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ErinM31 wrote: »
    And it occurs to me that I’ve yet to play an MMORPG where people are happy with the PvP. 🤔 What all that reflects I couldn’t say.

Depends who you ask. Darkfall, Shadowbane had great PVP.
    ESO also when VR was in place. Best battles at Cyrodiil occured then, between semi DD-Tanks with duels lasting half hour, mini zerg battles lasting a lot of time.

There weren't any one hit wonders, gear sets were less common (the gear were few from dungeons, craft and trials) forced more "tanky" builds. And no poisons to run out of resources before you do any action. (thats why i support the removal of poisons).

However when mentioning the above, there going to be replies of outcry that battles lasted too long back then, and 1 shot kills and battles lasting 2-3 seconds are good enough (aka fragfest), regardless if the same people complain about PVP quality.

Best thing ZOS can do is boost HP in Cyrodiil and reduce damage. That would make big battles possible, lasting good time and everyone will enjoy them, except one hit wonder macroers.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

sul sul.

I am thinking that the people who voted "Action Packed MMO" probably never did one of them, either! :smiley:

I know a lot of people who play, or played, Sims answered "The Sims". I played that game for years. I modded the first three versions of that game, just to let you know my level of serious. ESO has elements of Sims games, but they are pale copies. Comparing ESO and Sims is like comparing your toy wagon to an automobile because they both have wheels and move.

No answer to this poll, as far as I can see.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Monte_Cristo
    Monte_Cristo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, both games let you shoot fire and ice at other characters, make potions and meals, be a werewolf or vampire, perform magic spells, play drums or a string instrument, harvest plants, go fishing, collect minerals, even kill someone by summoning a meteor.
    Now if only ESO let you commit insurance fraud.
    Edited by Monte_Cristo on November 1, 2019 12:43PM
  • Hoolielulu
    Hoolielulu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whenever I'm in one of my houses I wish I could structurally change it like I can in the sims. Sometimes I just want to remove a wall, you know?
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's both. Most great MMO are a mix of action packed FPS, RPG and Sims. Both WOW and UO are still going after 15+ years because they hit the right combination of FPS, RPG and Sims.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Action Packed MMO
    I never played sims where I got a mansion.

Put about 10 things in it.

Then the game told me WHOA HOLD THERE COWBOY! That's way too much stuff for this place!
    Edited by karekiz on November 1, 2019 12:55PM
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The SIMS
    With such lag like I have, I can't progress as a player further then my 45/75k, abilities and light attacks simply don't fire off properly if used faster. So I found my purpose in ESO in accumulating gold to buy new outfits and furniture...
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With such lag like I have, I can't progress as a player further then my 45/75k, abilities and light attacks simply don't fire off properly if used faster. So I found my purpose in ESO in accumulating gold to buy new outfits and furniture...

If I had 45k Dps I’d be well satisfied. That’s why I tank or heal in group content.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom