The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO: Action Packed MMO... or... The SIMS

Skoomah
Skoomah
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭

ESO: Action Packed MMO... or... The SIMS 110 votes

Action Packed MMO
43%
huntgod_ESOdeepseamk20b14_ESOTurelusCyberOnEsoShadowHvokwisatzzariakickback120ub17_ESOSFxxKANExxGoregrindercyclonus11Easily_LostKatahdinOberon45pod88kkraaphorSpiderKnightJahneeOrusselmmendozaNightRyder36 48 votes
The SIMS
56%
darthgummibear_ESOoghannon_ESOAerenelIruil_ESOLadyAstrummartinhpb16_ESOaubrey.baconb16_ESOEdenprimeBlueVioletMalthorneWolfpawIdinusekimaerilSkoomahleeuxMicallefandreasvArcirisazoriangamingRagnaroek93 62 votes
  • Arjuna1696
    Arjuna1696
    ✭✭✭
    The SIMS
    ...but I enjoy the housing stuff in ESO far more than I ever enjoyed anything in the Sims!
    Arjúna | Wood Elf Stamina Warden | of the Undying Song | Flawless Conquerer
    Tangles-Up-In-Blue | Argonian Magicka Warden | Spirit Slayer | Flawless Conquerer
    Marcełine | Dark Elf Magicka Nightblade | Spirit Slayer | Flawless Conquerer
    Nausîcaä | Breton Magicka Templar | Spirit Slayer | Flawless Conquerer
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The SIMS
    BG queues don’t work right
    Cyrodiil don’t work right
    Skills I paid extra for don’t work
    Race passives I paid extra for don’t work

Crown store cosmetics work perfectly
    Housing works perfectly
    Outfit system works perfectly
    RP at The Rift works perfectly
  • GrimTheReaper45
    GrimTheReaper45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The SIMS
    fashion scrolls is the true end game.
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Action Packed MMO
    The people who've voted Sims properly never played it.

sul sul.

Nighren - The Shadow Striker
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

Want to roleplay in elder scrolls online? Check out eso-rp.com
  • TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The SIMS
    Question is... why I still can't marry Darien Gautier then.
  • amapola76
    amapola76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You really need options for "both" and "neither."
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The SIMS
    SIMS, but in a good way.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Action Packed MMO
    I tried The Sims and HATED it. I don’t think I went through more than a few day cycles. Sooo much tedium. And there’s really nothing interesting for me to do there. No offense to those who like it, but it is not at all for me.

I do very much like customizing my characters, how the look, and I got the Custom Idle Animation add-on to further express who they are. And I love housing in ESO, both to furnish homes that reflect my characters and to make things totally new, make my own story and scene if you will.

But all of that wouldn’t be nearly as fun without ESO also being an action-packed MMO! Who my characters are develops through their adventures. Plus, I really enjoy that aspect of the game — the fighting in ESO feels very dynamic to me and I especially like many of the dungeons.

I would like the game less than half as much as I do without both elements (and more)! :smiley:
    Edited by Araneae6537 on October 31, 2019 4:10PM
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The SIMS
    ShadowHvo wrote: »

sul sul.

Says the guy that promotes roleplaying in his signature.
    Yikes.
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Action Packed MMO
    Action packed mmo but heavy elements of the sims. Love it.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How about both, depending on how you play the game?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Action Packed MMO
    How about both, depending on how you play the game?
    Damn it, I voted then read this and agreed with you. Now my vote can't be undone.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Action Packed MMO
    mrsrobot wrote: »
    Action packed mmo but heavy elements of the sims. Love it.

This.

It's only The Sims if you do nothing but housing etc. And this is speaking as someone who loves housing. As with everything you need to maintain a balance....certainly to enjoy all that ESO has to offer.

• Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    <whynotboth.gif>
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those who actually play the game it is an action pack MMORPG. For those who focus on housing and enjoy playing in $100+ virtual doll houses as their focus it is a sims. However, even for them they cannot grow their houses, cities, and such.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The SIMS
    It USED to be more action packed than it is currently.
    (Speaking from a PvP perspective.)
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both, which is grand.
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The SIMS
    Would much rather play with houses and outfits than try to keep up with a meta. There are few things more boring than grinding for gear and skills just so I can do a trial. Once I've done it, I have immediate regret over how much work it took to prepare to get it done. But my houses are always rewarding and I can go to them repeatedly and admire the views, tweak things for comfort or as new furnishings come available, and enjoy my friends' houses too. So to heck with the action-packed stuff.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is the SimCity option? lol
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think any of you have ever played The Sims.
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The SIMS
    Housing interior decorator sim to a pvp/combat focused rated M mmorpg 4years+ after release?...it's only going to go down from there.
    Edited by Wolfpaw on October 31, 2019 5:21PM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skoomah wrote: »

Housing works perfectly

Outfit system isnt perfect. You dont see all those clipping issues and floating bits?
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Action Packed MMO
    srfrogg23 wrote: »
    I don't think any of you have ever played The Sims.

I played it...no PVP. Uninstalled it.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    amir412 wrote: »
    ShadowHvo wrote: »

sul sul.

Says the guy that promotes roleplaying in his signature.
    Yikes.

Says the guy who is playing an mmorpg and doesn’t know what the letters stand for.

Yikes
    Edited by max_only on October 31, 2019 5:44PM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Action Packed MMO
    I misread the question. Oops face_larry.png
  • p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    p_tsakirisb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Define MMO you imply for ESO. MMORPG or MMOFPS or MMOGrindfest?

As RPG is one of the just handful that actually were/are good ones (UO, Shadowbane, SWG, Darkfall, ESO) since 1997.
    Is not grindfest like SWTOR/DAOC/WoW etc and is not MMOFPS like Planetside, WOT etc.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Action Packed MMO

Housing works perfectly

Obviously you have know interest in outfits and housing; you have no idea how they work and probably couldn’t care less. I love multiple aspects of ESO, including questing, exploration, combat, customizing my character and housing. Do any of them work perfectly? That cannot be a reasonable expectation, especially since there will be differing opinions on what “working perfectly” would be, perhaps especially in combat where someone’s favorite ability is what someone else wants nerfed and some people may find aspects too difficult while others say it’s too easy.

Now housing, you may be surprised to learn, does have some consensus on aspects that are very much not adequate, much less perfect, and have hardly even been acknowledged, if that. If housing were working perfectly, many of you with no interest in furnishing would be using housing at least to sort and store gear sets. That’s just one example. Feel free to stop by the Housing thread if you want to know more about what is not working so perfectly. I say this as someone who loves ESO and ESO housing and hope to see all aspects improve. :)
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Action Packed MMO

Define MMO you imply for ESO. MMORPG or MMOFPS or MMOGrindfest?

As RPG is one of the just handful that actually were/are good ones (UO, Shadowbane, SWG, Darkfall, ESO) since 1997.
    Is not grindfest like SWTOR/DAOC/WoW etc and is not MMOFPS like Planetside, WOT etc.

Yeah, that’s one of the reasons I ultimately left SWTOR. AMAZING individual character stories and there was other fun content as well, but endgame was too much RNG grindfest.

And it occurs to me that I’ve yet to play an MMORPG where people are happy with the PvP. 🤔 What all that reflects I couldn’t say.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The SIMS
    The Sims is actually a lot more challenging. At least the original is. I can recall dying to a cooking fire.
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It’s not either or

I love both.

All these pathetic attempts to suggest that players who are interested in making their characters look good or having a cool environment for them to be based in are somehow less ‘into’ ESO than those who like dungeons, trials and/or PvP. Just so much baby-child whining from players who should know better.

Play the game you love the way you want and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise