The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Underdog bonus is kinda messed up

EgyptRaider
EgyptRaider
✭✭
Coming from the PC, EU no-CP campaign, we see DC maintaining their runner-up position for a large part due to getting a strong scoring bonus through the underdog thing, even though they have -according to the campaign selection screen- barely a huge gap in population.

We as EP had like ~185 points, high pop, DC had medium pop and due to the bonus ~210 points.

People should be encouraged for sure to log in for a underpopulated and under performing alliance, but giving them a bonus in scoring is ridicoulous and extremely unfair to the alliances that actually work to get their alliance populated throughout. It's extremely demotivating. Give them bonusses in earning AP, huge, that's what GW2 does. But don't give them an actualy edge in the competition.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you outnumber them by a bar, and can't push them to their gates, then a lot of your extra players must be terrible.
  • ks888
    ks888
    ✭✭✭✭
    @EgyptRaider alot of us did have multi faction toons and would often swap to who was getting gated just to balance the map and not allow unconsted gating to happen (because that's lame af and isn't PvP), but then faction locks came and we couldn;t do that anymore.
    DC NA - Norri - Khole RIP - [Mostly Outnumbered]** I have too many toons **RIP every alt I deleted - where am I? what year is it?
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faction lock and bad server performance keeps players outta Cyrodiil so this is the result.
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Low-population bonus takes some time of underpopulation to activate but then also persists a while after the population difference has declined.

ZOS looked at it in the past and claimed to have made it respond faster. It's probably working as they want it to. Why they don't link it directly to the population gap is beyond me.

no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • maddiniiLuna
    maddiniiLuna
    ✭✭✭✭
    ks888 wrote: »
    @EgyptRaider alot of us did have multi faction toons and would often swap to who was getting gated just to balance the map and not allow unconsted gating to happen (because that's lame af and isn't PvP), but then faction locks came and we couldn;t do that anymore.

Lol!

Never have i seen a single player log to the "loosing" faction. Instead they take the entire map and then sit in front of the spawn zones. Never. Not once. People log to the winning faction to get skyshards, books, more ap, everything - not to the loosing side to get no shards, no books, no ap, nothing.

Gate camping is a problem and extremely frustrating and ruining fun. Other things however are more important.

The "winning" faction gets the hammer with 3/4 of the map already taken - this is game breaking in Cyrodiil. Low Pop Bonus when both factions have equal bars (Yes this has happened. In fact that day both blue and red had 3 bars, yellow 1 bar and blue had low pop bonus - wtf?!). But these are things you know you can get used to them. The biggest problem is night cap and ball groups. It's freaking ridiculous to take the entire map with 30 people, while there is only 3 defenders just for score.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol!

Never have i seen a single player log to the "loosing" faction. Instead they take the entire map and then sit in front of the spawn zones. Never. Not once. People log to the winning faction to get skyshards, books, more ap, everything - not to the loosing side to get no shards, no books, no ap, nothing.

Gate camping is a problem and extremely frustrating and ruining fun. Other things however are more important.

The "winning" faction gets the hammer with 3/4 of the map already taken - this is game breaking in Cyrodiil. Low Pop Bonus when both factions have equal bars (Yes this has happened. In fact that day both blue and red had 3 bars, yellow 1 bar and blue had low pop bonus - wtf?!). But these are things you know you can get used to them. The biggest problem is night cap and ball groups. It's freaking ridiculous to take the entire map with 30 people, while there is only 3 defenders just for score.

Just like the "looking for good fight" crowd, they never actually show up on the underdog side.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Lol!

Never have i seen a single player log to the "loosing" faction.

It used to happen on Xbox NA all the time. It was often no less PvDoor than the rampantly unbalanced farce we have now, but at least the map moved, and you'd occasionally get some good fights.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »

Lol!

Just like the "looking for good fight" crowd, they never actually show up on the underdog side.

Ignorant. Why would I log in to a side that owns 15/16 keeps? Boring.

I wasn't alone in that sentiment either.
  • Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's mesed up even worse than you might think. And it is not because of some fault of the developers, as much as many would like it to be, but certain types of player.

The payers I am talking about are such, that they use second or even more accounts to turn all attempts by the developers to create balance into a scam. They just need to force more population on opposing factions and voilá: "low population bonus". So as long as this happens, nothing is going to change that...

Lol!

Another example of players defining the balance and overall fun aspects in the game, not programming.

Edited by Kelces on October 10, 2019 1:37AM
    You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
    Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
    Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
    Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
    Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
    Jurupari - Argonian Warden
    Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
    PC - EU
    For the Pact!
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Lol!

Never have i seen a single player log to the "loosing" faction. Instead they take the entire map and then sit in front of the spawn zones. Never. Not once.

I used to do it all the time. It's not like you get an AvA announcement when it happens.

People switching to the winning faction to grab skyshards, I get. To spawn camp... GTFO with that childishness. It's also boring. I want to fight people, not watch a demoralize faction afraid to leave their gates.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol!

Never have i seen a single player log to the "loosing" faction. I

For the record when I played in Cyrodiil regularly I liked logging in for the underdog. Not every single time, but it was fun. I once even leveled a character just to help with a faction that had been chronically understaffed for months

*shrug*
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Lol!

Never have i seen a single player log to the "loosing" faction.

Because those players didn't bother being visible or gloat, they just do it and keep silent. It's pretty fun killing ball groups and massive faction stacks that make you sick, even when you're on the same faction. Now, I just have to wait 30 days to do it. :D

From what I've seen, after lock, winning is extremely boring because its completely uncontested and guided by cheese builds and mechanics like the hammer and a massive population advantage.

I honestly had 50+ stand on flags and flip it because all of them together couldn't kill me without guards joining in. When I see that, I'm happy to be on the underdog faction every time. :D
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    From what I've seen, after lock, winning is extremely boring because its completely uncontested and guided by cheese builds and mechanics like the hammer and a massive population advantage. [/b]

Yes. Xbox NA is like that now. blues are rampaging across the map and it's boring af.

It doesn't help that reds have 2 really good players who have one of the best ball groups in the game who sit at a farm somewhere for hours farming AP. I'd honestly be a bit pissed off at that ish.