Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Updated] Hermaeus Mora's Planetarium, custom built Hermaeus statue [Lunar Champion's Hall]

DJfriede
DJfriede
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey everyone,

I had a lot of fun furnishing my Lunar Champion's Hall. Let me take you on a tour and show you the progress so far! I hope you like it.

Description

WARNING: Curves ahead.The home of a Khajiiti adventurer whose travels left his mind in disarray. The Mad God made him build a shrine, reminding those who visit of the never ending hunt for the perfect ponder sphere.

Some screenshots

devjj97pzm07.png
tc0c7rhbhojd.png
fir9uyz25hgu.png
l6pgsckg0c4w.png
escudgvqiusz.png

Video

The video might still be in 360p, give YT some time :)

https://youtu.be/YC6AZuwLv4w

If anyone likes to visit:
@DJfriede on PC(EU)

Thanks for watching -- and stay curvy!
Edited by DJfriede on October 1, 2021 7:18PM
  • delta_mystic
    delta_mystic
    ✭✭✭
    Picasso would love this, as do I. Well done sir or ma'am! B)
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow! This has to be one of my favorite designs so far. It's so amazing! :D
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anaïs Nin

“There’s a difference between wanting to be looked at and wanting to be seen." Amanda Palmer

“A game is an opportunity to focus our energy, with relentless optimism, at something we’re good at (or getting better at) and enjoy. In other words, gameplay is the direct emotional opposite of depression.” Jane McGonigal

“They'll tell you you're too loud, that you need to wait your turn and ask the right people for permission. Do it anyway." Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is exquisitely done OP!
    I'm floored by the creativity and attention to detail. You've done an amazing job transforming the hall into a completely unique space.

Out of curiosity, how many item slots are used? ^^
  • Ithilis
    Ithilis
    ✭✭✭
    I really admire this house since I got to visit it during our guil housing tour. The curves connect so naturally to each other!

It made me think of this horror manga I once read, Uzumaki.

1f0411d2b480ac2f43d532e97c9387c8.jpg

The Mad God works in many ways.
    Leader of Storytellers&Slavers RP guild PC EU
    Officer in Aetherius Art Housing guild PC EU
    Saxhleel - Power to the Hist
  • DJfriede
    DJfriede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, everyone, for the kind words! I might have turned into an Elsweyr curved walls addict. The Mad God made me do it, I swear. :)

@Ithilis Isn't that the guy who drew the mangas with the human shaped tunnels who slowly twist after you enter them? I saw some pictures that had a similar style.

@Earrindo About 540 items used. Don't get me started about the two other rooms still waiting. I guess I'll just put a big crate over the other ends of the teleports. :)
  • DJfriede
    DJfriede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I added some more swirls. :) Here are the details.

4et6nymapnrm.png

cg57f535xo1b.png

cclge29zmpsz.png

0tcx3l8o8dbf.png

mlq8dbg73mxm.png

• Eirinin
    Eirinin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Madness and chaos, but so intriguing! Really nice work. What was it that inspired you or gave you this cool concept?
  • DJfriede
    DJfriede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eirinin wrote: »
    Madness and chaos, but so intriguing! Really nice work. What was it that inspired you or gave you this cool concept?

My original idea was to build a home of a Khajiiti adventurer who has seen a lot on his travels. That's why I put many different knick-knacks and souvenirs in there. The house is supposed to feel like a virtual tour through the adventurer's mind, including all the memories haunting him. As a general theme I chose: round shapes, spheres, the Khajiiti love for the moon (and its light).

I experiment a lot with big structural pieces, turning them in all directions. That's how I discovered the flow of elsweyr curved walls. :)
  • Ithilis
    Ithilis
    ✭✭✭
    DJfriede wrote: »
    Thank you, everyone, for the kind words! I might have turned into an Elsweyr curved walls addict. The Mad God made me do it, I swear. :)

@Ithilis Isn't that the guy who drew the mangas with the human shaped tunnels who slowly twist after you enter them? I saw some pictures that had a similar style.

@Earrindo About 540 items used. Don't get me started about the two other rooms still waiting. I guess I'll just put a big crate over the other ends of the teleports. :)

Yes that is the same one!
    Leader of Storytellers&Slavers RP guild PC EU
    Officer in Aetherius Art Housing guild PC EU
    Saxhleel - Power to the Hist
  • sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is gorgeous! Great concept and superb execution. Thanks so much for sharing!
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Truly inspiring @DJfriede ! Very creative and quite unique! Thank you for sharing and congrats! 🥂
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Extremely creative, @DJfriede - this is a super unique build. I particularly like the details - the wheel/wall composition <3 - and the fascinating structural elements... the cavern that you have constructed here feels as though it is part of a journey through the belly of some beast. Excellent work!

C
  • DJfriede
    DJfriede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you all! I'm having way too much fun with this house. Once you start...

Latest addition: Surfer kitty being watched by the Eye of Sauron. :D

zljuqbrot853.png
    Edited by DJfriede on August 25, 2019 7:59PM
  • DJfriede
    DJfriede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I added some new details, here's some screenshots.

A cozier reading nook.

65sv5zlzqifm.png
    ebwen3kw2kbs.png

Bar and lounge area with a tree providing the ambient lighting.

bhifcjugkczp.png
    7deq8gtheux1.png
    h1g7wlrfyne7.png

A tribute to the Mad God.

zz5099tac438.png

An upside down city, because why not. :)

eysvi65mxuya.png
    y31yiipcpb3y.png

Hope you enjoyed them :)
  • Cloudtrader
    Cloudtrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is really cool, good work!
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, what a crazy fascinating unique build! :lol::love: What server are you on and is your home open for visitors? :smiley:
  • DJfriede
    DJfriede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ErinM31

Glad that you like it. :)

I'm on PC EU, @DJfriede. It's open for visits.
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DJ, Did you sketch this out or just go with it?
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • DJfriede
    DJfriede
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmm, I started out with a different theme for each of the four corners (the monster portal, the bar, the reading nook etc). The general theme was always: round shapes and flowing lines.

At some point I discovered that the Elsweyr walls formed waves when I connnected and turned them. First, I just wanted to make the place feel more cave-like, with rounded walls and corners. That's why I placed the Elsweyr walls. From there on I followed where my mind took me: "Oh, let's see what happens if I take that element, copy it, turn it some degrees... hey, we have built a dome!"

Now I'm in the process of "Connect all the stuff!". My vision is to have a flowing line basically all around the home (and not just segments in different areas of the room).

So to answer your question: I didn't sketch it out. It's all in my mind. Sometimes I just hop around the home for minutes, look at a pillar, a corner, a wall and find stuff that "tickles" me to start there. The trick for me is to find out what I like about a particular element and build on it ("Hmm, I like the circular pattern on the elsweyr floor. Why not copy it and construct a lattice made of wheels?" or "I love the flow of the Tonal Arc, let's add some curved walls to it so that there's even more flow.)

Sooner or later I end up at that Hnnnggggghh-moment when things fall into place. :)
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Hmm, I started out with a different theme for each of the four corners (the monster portal, the bar, the reading nook etc). The general theme was always: round shapes and flowing lines.

At some point I discovered that the Elsweyr walls formed waves when I connnected and turned them. First, I just wanted to make the place feel more cave-like, with rounded walls and corners. That's why I placed the Elsweyr walls. From there on I followed where my mind took me: "Oh, let's see what happens if I take that element, copy it, turn it some degrees... hey, we have built a dome!"

Now I'm in the process of "Connect all the stuff!". My vision is to have a flowing line basically all around the home (and not just segments in different areas of the room).

So to answer your question: I didn't sketch it out. It's all in my mind. Sometimes I just hop around the home for minutes, look at a pillar, a corner, a wall and find stuff that "tickles" me to start there. The trick for me is to find out what I like about a particular element and build on it ("Hmm, I like the circular pattern on the elsweyr floor. Why not copy it and construct a lattice made of wheels?" or "I love the flow of the Tonal Arc, let's add some curved walls to it so that there's even more flow.)

Sooner or later I end up at that Hnnnggggghh-moment when things fall into place. :)

I'm not sure if you are a genius or another form of Sheogorath now
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • DJfriede
    DJfriede
    ✭✭✭✭✭

snip

I'm not sure if you are a genius or another form of Sheogorath now

Hehe, yeah, that wall of text sounded a bit mad. :) Tl:dr: I build shapes which feel right and harmonious to me.
  • DJfriede
    DJfriede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, I updated a lot in the last couple of days. A new video was in order, I thought. Thank you all for your interest -- I think this is gonna be it for this house for a while. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEXSCplZIs8&amp;

w81boybeuqby.png

gjirwhbbv8xe.png

p92mlghi4zew.png

1odououtvvce.png

xmtfsn6urrks.png

mj855xty80fc.png

• katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have no words to describe how seeing this makes me feel, truly breathtaking and amazing!
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is out-of-control amazing. I want to marry it.
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.
  • DJfriede
    DJfriede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Added a lot of new antiquity furnishings to the Mad Planetarium.

ogbfyjz3ugba.png

ug1hxcpru7q0.png

5qdctr269anv.png

fzldwlak8g24.png

oq56it9hfp66.png

Feel welcome to follow @JHartEllis around on his housing hike through the home:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eCNhbhdMoA&amp;feature=youtu.be&amp;t=34

• DJfriede
    DJfriede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    090vbhk5vppr.jpg

As the home got rededicated to Hermaeus Mora, it was only appropriate to invite Mr. Mora over. And there he is in all his wiggly glory. Enjoy. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqL9PzMjUbY

Some more snapshots from around the home:

xvvpp4bc9al5.png

bhyu62am90lr.png

20tilc1eknba.png

6gmv6addqtb1.png

zf5rp1fndeyv.png

h5hdd67nqrfu.png

• DJfriede
    DJfriede
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some fun new cobbles in the planetarium: Windows into space. :) (All in-game effects, no EHT.)

6qi15uci2rri.png

kf788gyd4v9w.png

auirhqf6yidc.png

Edited by DJfriede on December 13, 2021 8:13PM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is hands-down the most amazing and creative ESO house I have ever seen. It is also my favorite.

I wish you could teach me how to make such awesome things. In comparison my houses look like refrigerator displayed crayon drawings, lol!

Thanks for sharing.
    :)
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Zinpix
    Zinpix
    Thanks for sharing, gives me some inspiration.