Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23
• Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• ESO Website for maintenance – September 26, 7:00AM EDT (11:00 UTC) - 11:00AM EDT (15:00 UTC)
Update 24 and the Dragonhold DLC Game Pack are both now available for testing on the PTS! Experience the amazing conclusion to the Season of the Dragon saga. You can read the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/493609/ 

[Video tour] The Mad God's (not so) Perfect Ponder Sphere [Lunar Champion's Hall]

DJfriede
DJfriede
✭✭✭✭
Hey everyone,

I had a lot of fun furnishing my Lunar Champion's Hall. Let me take you on a tour and show you the progress so far! I hope you like it.

Description

WARNING: Curves ahead.The home of a Khajiiti adventurer whose travels left his mind in disarray. The Mad God made him build a shrine, reminding those who visit of the never ending hunt for the perfect ponder sphere.

Some screenshots

devjj97pzm07.png
tc0c7rhbhojd.png
fir9uyz25hgu.png
l6pgsckg0c4w.png
escudgvqiusz.png

Video

The video might still be in 360p, give YT some time :)

If anyone likes to visit:
@DJfriede on PC(EU)

Thanks for watching -- and stay curvy!
  • delta_mystic
    delta_mystic
    ✭✭✭
    Picasso would love this, as do I. Well done sir or ma'am! B)
  • mayasunrising
    mayasunrising
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow! This has to be one of my favorite designs so far. It's so amazing! :D
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is exquisitely done OP!
    I'm floored by the creativity and attention to detail. You've done an amazing job transforming the hall into a completely unique space.

Out of curiosity, how many item slots are used? ^^
  • Ithilis
    Ithilis
    ✭✭✭
    I really admire this house since I got to visit it during our guil housing tour. The curves connect so naturally to each other!

It made me think of this horror manga I once read, Uzumaki.

1f0411d2b480ac2f43d532e97c9387c8.jpg

The Mad God works in many ways.
    Saxhleel
    Power to the Hist
  • DJfriede
    DJfriede
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, everyone, for the kind words! I might have turned into an Elsweyr curved walls addict. The Mad God made me do it, I swear. :)

@Ithilis Isn't that the guy who drew the mangas with the human shaped tunnels who slowly twist after you enter them? I saw some pictures that had a similar style.

@Earrindo About 540 items used. Don't get me started about the two other rooms still waiting. I guess I'll just put a big crate over the other ends of the teleports. :)
  • DJfriede
    DJfriede
    ✭✭✭✭
    I added some more swirls. :) Here are the details.

4et6nymapnrm.png

cg57f535xo1b.png

cclge29zmpsz.png

0tcx3l8o8dbf.png

mlq8dbg73mxm.png

• Eirinin
    Eirinin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Madness and chaos, but so intriguing! Really nice work. What was it that inspired you or gave you this cool concept?
  • DJfriede
    DJfriede
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eirinin wrote: »
    Madness and chaos, but so intriguing! Really nice work. What was it that inspired you or gave you this cool concept?

My original idea was to build a home of a Khajiiti adventurer who has seen a lot on his travels. That's why I put many different knick-knacks and souvenirs in there. The house is supposed to feel like a virtual tour through the adventurer's mind, including all the memories haunting him. As a general theme I chose: round shapes, spheres, the Khajiiti love for the moon (and its light).

I experiment a lot with big structural pieces, turning them in all directions. That's how I discovered the flow of elsweyr curved walls. :)
  • Ithilis
    Ithilis
    ✭✭✭
    DJfriede wrote: »
    Thank you, everyone, for the kind words! I might have turned into an Elsweyr curved walls addict. The Mad God made me do it, I swear. :)

@Ithilis Isn't that the guy who drew the mangas with the human shaped tunnels who slowly twist after you enter them? I saw some pictures that had a similar style.

@Earrindo About 540 items used. Don't get me started about the two other rooms still waiting. I guess I'll just put a big crate over the other ends of the teleports. :)

Yes that is the same one!
    Saxhleel
    Power to the Hist
  • sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭
    This is gorgeous! Great concept and superb execution. Thanks so much for sharing!
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Truly inspiring @DJfriede ! Very creative and quite unique! Thank you for sharing and congrats! 🥂
  • R_K
    R_K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Extremely creative, @DJfriede - this is a super unique build. I particularly like the details - the wheel/wall composition <3 - and the fascinating structural elements... the cavern that you have constructed here feels as though it is part of a journey through the belly of some beast. Excellent work!

C
  • DJfriede
    DJfriede
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you all! I'm having way too much fun with this house. Once you start...

Latest addition: Surfer kitty being watched by the Eye of Sauron. :D

zljuqbrot853.png
    Edited by DJfriede on August 25, 2019 7:59PM