The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Kicked For Spam

GrimTheReaper45
GrimTheReaper45
✭✭✭✭✭
Ok, im just a TINY bit frustrated with this.

Im trying to make the best out of a trading guild, failing from multi bid because we didnt already tell you a thousand times that was going to be toxic, with almost 0 tools for managing it. Thats fine. (Actually its not and we could really use something to keep track of gold donation stats in roaster for member's but I think we all know zos that if you added something like that the servers would catch on fire because this game literally cannot handle any system in it for some reason. So ill just keep updating roaster and google spreadsheets for like 2 hrs everyday like its a job im getting paid for when im not even making in game gold and in fact have had pretty much no gold consistently since I got involved with managing a guild.)

For the love of GOD though, can we fix it so updating roaster notes doesnt kick me from game. EVERY SINGLE TIME i go to update roaster i WITHOUT FAIL, intentionally trying to avoid it, get kicked for spam. THERE ISNT EVEN A CHAT WINDOW OPEN!

While we're at it can we fix it so trying to fight while lagging (cuz that never happens in eso......) also doesnt kick you for spamming. Like if there is not letters, numbers or symbols being entered into game chat. IT SHOULDNT KICK YOU FOR SPAMMING CHAT

This brings an end to my rant, thank you for attending my ted talk.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SPAM_on_a_plate_large.jpg?v=1549407455
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also used to happen if you promoted or demoted people too fast
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    IT SHOULDNT KICK YOU FOR SPAMMING CHAT

There's good reason that it does. Sorry, but it's kind of one of those lesser of two evils situations.

Still, there might be some tweaks they can do.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • TempPlayer
    TempPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spamming doesn't include only chat window. It is base on amount of message you send to the server per mins. Message like you try to do 30 attacks per sec, most likely due to bad marco, or you change gear and skill in quick succession, most likely due to using skill switch add-ons, to message like trying to set large amount of notes in short period.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SPAM_on_a_plate_large.jpg?v=1549407455

Gross lol
  • Recent
    Recent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @GrimTheReaper45 Why are you managing a guild if you do not enjoy it?

Since when have games we pay for become like a job?

Ask yourself what do you get out of running this guild. You are getting some pay off even if it's not gold it might be self esteem or respect from your guildies or respe t from your guild master or officers. You might just like the feeling of power you get from being in a managerial position.

Dont kid yourself that you dont get anything out of it or honestly you woukd not have the drive to or motivation to do it. Be honest with yourself.

As far as your main question, yes eso needs better guild managing tools. Also guild fonder needs a search window where you can look up a guild by its name...a text search option.
  • GrimTheReaper45
    GrimTheReaper45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recent wrote: »

Ask yourself what do you get out of running this guild. You are getting some pay off even if it's not gold it might be self esteem or respect from your guildies or respe t from your guild master or officers. You might just like the feeling of power you get from being in a managerial position.

Dont kid yourself that you dont get anything out of it or honestly you woukd not have the drive to or motivation to do it. Be honest with yourself.

As far as your main question, yes eso needs better guild managing tools. Also guild fonder needs a search window where you can look up a guild by its name...a text search option.

ya idk, i just like helping out other players. Its getting just gets old.
  • phermitgb
    phermitgb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recent wrote: »

EVE Online

I was tempted to post one of several EVE Online board meeting minutes postings, or just various stories about corporate antics, but I didn't know if running direct links to a guild from EVE online might be considered rude, so if anyone is looking for tangible evidence of a video game that plays like a job, just check out EVE online corporation behavior in one form or another for your answer
    "There is no correct resolution; It's a test of character."
    James T. Kirk
  • Vigawatt
    Vigawatt
    ✭✭✭
    The other day I was queued for a dungeon and got the ready check. I clicked accept but it wouldn't register. Waited like another 10 seconds then tried again, nothing. When the timer got down to 5 seconds left, i clicked accept repeatedly to get it to work...and it kicked me to the login screen with the message I was kicked for spamming.