The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Roleplaying and Character Titles

gepe87
gepe87
✭✭✭✭✭
As a roleplayer, I value how much titles i can get in this game, because they give a feeling that my character belong to this world.
I know many RPers who feel the same way as I do.

I wonder how much difficult is to implement new titles for our characters.

Many NPC have general titles that we could also use it, not everyone but just a few ones.
One of main sources about this is UESP page: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Generic_NPCs

Some titles would be a valuable QoL improvement, at least a minor attention for our community.
To simplfy this, devs could just bring some of these already present titles, for example:
-Jaqspur
-Altmer Officer
-Priest
-Ordinator
-Homeless Citizen
-Priest of Veloth
-Pact Honor Guard
-Apostle(!!!)
etc.

Would be possible to do it? How much "Titles" are important to your RP?

English isn't may native language xD
Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, Gepe! You can already become an Altmer officer - just be an Altmer and apply one of those Alliance War titles (ranks). It's simple ;). You can become an Ordinator, though there's no title available. Here's my guide to join the Ordinators if you need some help. Priest of Veloth.. Well, Veloth is not a god, he's only the Prophet. Prophets do not have personal priests. I guess the game gives the opporunity to play any lore-based role you wish one way or another. Not all roles are followed by specific titles.

Sometimes it is enough to be named a Hand of Dres by the House' Grandmaster himself to clear all the doubts of being affiliated with that faction. Sometimes it is not enough to bear a certain title of an Ashlander Clanfriend to become a fully legit member of the tribe..
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they should add some low-hanging fruit titles tied to quest achievements where your character is actually given a title via the dialogue of NPCs in game.

For example, characters doing the Pact quest line get dubbed the "King's Arrow" but never do we get to actually use this title. Similarly, we become "Queen's Eye" in the Dominion storyline but can't ever use that title in game. We get called the "Vestige" through the main story but can't have that title either.
  • Konstant_Tel_Necris
    Konstant_Tel_Necris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try Custom Titles addon library and just edit LibCustomTitles.lua and add your @ID and desired title, it will be visible for you and friends if you share your LibCustomTitles.lua with them.
    Edited by Konstant_Tel_Necris on November 8, 2019 10:11PM
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gepe87 wrote: »
    As a roleplayer, I value how much titles i can get in this game, because they give a feeling that my character belong to this world.
    Same.
    I spent a lot of time for my mains "Explorer" title (Leska does cite that as her profession is someone asks... after all, her true job is not to be mentioned outside the brotherhood, yes?), or for my second mains "Librarian" title (Yeah, so Kelas is a total bookworm, only adventuring under protest because he has bills to pay, and would much rather hide in a library somewhere!)

Wish I could get some "crusader" or "paladin" title for Kes as well... maybe someday, huh?

But a lot of those mentioned would be fun to be in the game... just give out some extra titles to various regional completions, give people more incentive to play through cadwells and all that!