Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

The Khajiit Caravan Solution to the Auction House Problem

thisisdustinsemail_ESO
[This is not entirely my idea. I have seen others suggest similar things, and I have simply added to their ideas. This is the result.]

Black Market Khajiit Caravans

A group of Khajiit traders travels between the factions trying to make a profit selling other people's items. They are not attached to any faction - they simply are there to make a profit. The House Cut is the profit they make.

Functionality

You approach a Khajiit caravan stationed somewhere in Auridon (AD), a beginner area that ends at about level 15(?).

You list one of your items for sale. Their inventory currently consists of items listed by players In Auridon - it could even be shard-dependent, if need be. To find new items, one could simply log out, then back in, to a different shard - a different version of the caravan. However, separate inventories for separate shards is not necessary.

Every 12 hours, the caravan "rotates" factions. So in twelve hours, it switches to inventory from the Ebonheart Pact's equivalent of Auridon. Twelve hours later, it switches to inventory of the Daggerfall Covenant's Auridon-equivalent area. If shard-dependency is implemented, a single shard's inventory could be chosen at random.

These caravans are in every major area in every faction, and the item levels are based upon where the caravans are found. This ensures that if you are currently exploring in The Rift, you will find items you can use at the caravan in The Rift.

Benefits

- Essentially a more wide-scale version of the guild store

- Inventory would be on a steady rotation

- You could see and buy items from other factions. Maybe the Ebonheart Pact has more Argonian-style items than the other factions, I dunno.

- Would not lead to a surplus of items being sold, especially if shard-dependency is implemented.

- A great way to get new (or low-level) players into the trading system without them having to find a low-level guild to trade within.

- Less of a hassle to find level-appropriate items

- Lore-friendly

Thoughts?
  • gdorsettub17_ESO
    gdorsettub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds cool, but 12 hours seems like a long wait.
  • thisisdustinsemail_ESO
    Sounds cool, but 12 hours seems like a long wait.

Sure, I can understand that. It doesn't have to be 12 hours.

• sociald100ub17_ESO
    what would the purpose of this be, if you are the average person that plays a couple hours a day you may never see this caravan. If you are a person who plays a lot more you will be past level 15 and out of there in a few days.
  • thisisdustinsemail_ESO
    what would the purpose of this be, if you are the average person that plays a couple hours a day you may never see this caravan. If you are a person who plays a lot more you will be past level 15 and out of there in a few days.

There is a static caravan in every major area. It's in a specific location in each area, and it doesn't move. The inventory simply rotates factions.