Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Kaalgrondtiid PC NA

• lostcloud
    lostcloud
    ✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    DC wins a few campaigns and players cry and say stuff like "DC absolutely ruined Cyrodiil PvP,".. really? Did it really go from threads like "I would like to thank EP for winning another campaign" to "DC ruined everything"? I heard less cries when ep won the very first campaign after factions were locked, and they won by a huge margin.

I'm playiing right now. 3 bars DC, 3 bars EP and 2 bars AD. What the heck is EP doing? 3 bars and not even trying to take back chal?? AD seems to have around 30 players at nik .. but somehow .. DC ruins everything by winning a few campaigns. ( sigh )

Is this any different from when AD won 2 or 3 in a row before DC's latest streak people complain if they are not on top. It all just swings around as I said to the people complaining a few months ago its all just roundabouts and swings those on top now probably wont be in a couple of months.

I think its more about the health of the game population-wise seems ok on the weekends but during the week on offpeak hours it's pretty low all round now. Tonight being a weekend saw 2 bars pop across the board with some good back and forth pvp but this seems to be the exception now not the rule. But thats just my perspective as an offpeak player.
    Nocturnal (AD AvA Oceanic guild, still kicking after 5 years) Formed in 1999 DAoC Beta now in our 21st year.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DC wins a few campaigns and players cry and say stuff like "DC absolutely ruined Cyrodiil PvP,".. really? Did it really go from threads like "I would like to thank EP for winning another campaign" to "DC ruined everything"? I heard less cries when ep won the very first campaign after factions were locked, and they won by a huge margin.

I'm playiing right now. 3 bars DC, 3 bars EP and 2 bars AD. What the heck is EP doing? 3 bars and not even trying to take back chal?? AD seems to have around 30 players at nik .. but somehow .. DC ruins everything by winning a few campaigns. ( sigh )

Unless I've got something wrong with my tracking, the wins for PC/NA Kaal so far, starting in June, are:
    EP
    AD
    AD
    DC
    DC

EP dominated the first campaign after Elsweyr with a very high score, which isn't too surprising given that A. EP dominated the last few campaigns on Vivec and B. It was the launch of a new Chapter and that always makes the PVP population plummet. We saw it last year with Summerset.

I don't have final scores recorded for the other campaigns because I'm rarely on at the flip. The only one I really marked down was the July one, where as on 10 hrs left, AD was up by around 5k points.

The switch to DC victories coincided with a number of AD players/guilds swapping to DC, and DC has held a commanding lead in both of them. We'll see what happens from here, since the new campaign is a significant variable.

So far, the most competitive battles in PC/NA Kaal have been between 2nd and 3rd Place.

Also, if anyone has final score they can post, that would be lovely and much appreciated! I can track final places pretty easily, but not the scores.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the complaints are due to DC night capping the entire map, taking all the scrolls and gaining huge scoring advantage in the off peak hours. Something every faction has done in cycles. Over the years EP has done it more than the other factions (by a lot) but both AD and DC are guilty of it in turns too.

And apparently it’s DCs turn, and that will change at some point. The scoreboard goes to the faction with the highest, coordinated off-hours pop, that’s always been true. But things remain more or less balanced at prime time.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    On the other hand... DC reaps what they sow. EP has emp, DC is trying to dethrone... AD hammer? Hit BRK? Take a scroll for points? Nope. Head straight to take DC trikeeps.

WBR2GNI.jpg
    Edited by NBrookus on October 21, 2019 1:07AM
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    On the other hand... DC reaps what they sow. EP has emp, DC is trying to dethrone... AD hammer? Hit BRK? Take a scroll for points? Nope. Head straight to take DC trikeeps.

WBR2GNI.jpg

Nothing new. Wouldn't be the first or last time that happens. Just seems like a "you hurt my feelings so I am going to pay you back" decision AD made.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• MinarasLaure
    MinarasLaure
    ✭✭✭✭

WBR2GNI.jpg

Nothing new. Wouldn't be the first or last time that happens. Just seems like a "you hurt my feelings so I am going to pay you back" decision AD made.

It doesn't seem like it....it is exactly what happened.
    AA kept yelling in zone something like "we're making them (dc) pay for what they did to us"
    That was very sad lol.
    On a side note...can someone please tell me how is it possible to have two conquest keep quests active at the same time?
    I see that both bm and bb are marked...
    Edited by MinarasLaure on October 21, 2019 1:38PM
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On a side note...can someone please tell me how is it possible to have two conquest keep quests active at the same time?

One is to take the keep. The other is to scout the keep.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

WBR2GNI.jpg

It doesn't seem like it....it is exactly what happened.
    AA kept yelling in zone something like "we're making them (dc) pay for what they did to us"
    That was very sad lol.

One is a scout quest probably. I don't get down south very often lol.

The orange team stuff is pretty much 3 faction war working as intended. Unfortunately the prime time DC mostly aren't ones responsible for the off prime shenanigans. It's fine with me and I don't have to go far for a fight. But I did log off when 2 ep guilds were farming two dc trikeeps and AD attacking the third with an entire faction. At that point, there are no winnable fights to be had, just massive lag.

The daytime groups on EP that have arisen to prevent the pvdoor in the first place are going to be more effective -- and healthier -- in the long run.
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Imagine getting so bent out of shape over a game you feel the need to exact revenge.

Those people you gate, DC, AD, EP, are the reason you have pvp.

Once again, why would you gate a faction if not to stifle pvp? Nobody should be gating factions after scrolls have been taken.
    Edited by MajBludd on October 21, 2019 7:44PM
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I get bent out every single day I play. Mostly because the DC faction was not working as intended.

Example; yesterday I got all bent because nobody was defending. Players were at the alessia bridge or trying to get the scroll EP had. DC was poplocked and only 5-15 players were defending keeps.

I'm thinking DC doesn't have it in them this campaign, so I hope you ( AD/EP ) feel better. You can turn that frown upside down now. :)

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get bent out every single day I play. Mostly because the DC faction was not working as intended.

Example; yesterday I got all bent because nobody was defending. Players were at the alessia bridge or trying to get the scroll EP had. DC was poplocked and only 5-15 players were defending keeps.

I'm thinking DC doesn't have it in them this campaign, so I hope you ( AD/EP ) feel better. You can turn that frown upside down now. :)

If you mean last night when the hammer came up in that screenshot, I know 5 of us left the tri keeps. there were no scrolls to defend and nothing but 2 enemy factions about to stack the hammer. Just no sense or fun to be there. We took a handful of other keeps while it ran its course.
  • GlorphNoldorin
    GlorphNoldorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There were a number of DC PC-NA Kal who play during the timeslot when other factions were gated that were imploring those doing the gating to desist, let the map recover........ dont kill off pvp.

Those doing the gating could not be persuaded to stop, in fact they thought there was no problem in what they were doing. The pvdooring seemed to be a little contagious though, it seems DC rarely defends and usually only rarely well. it has been a problem for a long time and advice to set up siege for defense is rarely followed except if guilds are present.

DC will reap what it sowed (and I play DC) and the balance will change.

It doesnt really matter with the way the game runs and how few play I guess. It's hard to see pvp rebounding but hopefully it does.

• vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    If you mean last night when the hammer came up in that screenshot, I know 5 of us left the tri keeps. there were no scrolls to defend and nothing but 2 enemy factions about to stack the hammer. Just no sense or fun to be there. We took a handful of other keeps while it ran its course.

I think I left before the hammer pic. I was on around 5:30pm ( est. ) and stayed til 6:30pm. I understand priority might have been getting the scrolls back but it really sucks getting farmed while trying to fight off a zerg of EP/AD with not much help.

Sometimes I think there maybe a population bug or everyone is hiding from me.

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DC doing a bad job defending important things is a reoccurring issue, but, yes, it was particularly bad last night.

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cant believe they didnt end the campaign to have both 30 days on the same cycle. I mean; is it now possible to flip to the new 30 day campaign after you get rewards then flip back after getting rewards there?
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I cant believe they didnt end the campaign to have both 30 days on the same cycle. I mean; is it now possible to flip to the new 30 day campaign after you get rewards then flip back after getting rewards there?

So it seems. I have more geodes than I know what to do with and there are faster ways to make gold... so while I suppose some people will do it it's not that big of a deal.

However the new camp is stillborn when they expect players to pay 100k AP per toon to switch AND then pay it again if it doesn't work out AND didn't close out Kaal. Nor gave us any indication they would handle it that way ahead of time. A lot of casuals and newer players probably don't even have 200k AP banked to spend, especially if they've been using the Golden.

They're killing it.
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bold of you to assume ZOS cares about keeping PvP alive. If they had actually cared they would have reset all campaigns, unhomed everyone, and let everyone pick.

Instead we got this
    u7ILhyq.png

New campaign literally at the bottom of the barrel. Pretty obvious that ZOS wanted it to fail from the get-go.
    Edited by Heatnix90 on October 22, 2019 1:37AM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heatnix90 wrote: »

Bold of you to assume ZOS cares about keeping PvP alive. If they had actually cared they would have reset all campaigns, unhomed everyone, and let everyone pick.

Instead we got this
    u7ILhyq.png

New campaign literally at the bottom of the barrel. Pretty obvious that ZOS wanted it to fail from the get-go.

That was really weird to me too. Like, why only unhome the people from the 7-day, thus forcing anyone in Kaal who wants to home the new campaign to pay the fee? Why do this odd offset of the campaign times so that people can abuse the "swap home campaigns when the campaign ends" function?

Just odd.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Something has to be listed at the top and bottom. The order doesn't bother me too much. They do call it the standard ruleset at least.

If it were my decision, I'd have the IC queues at the top, the newest campaign ruleset next for one patch, then in order of descending popularity. This, to subtly encourage people to spread out to less populated pvp queues.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really wish they would have reset or waved the rehome fee to see how this would shake out. I probably wouldn't move because I don't really care with all DC toons. unless the locked campaign dried up.

But 100k ap is only a couple hours played. Not that hard. I dont think it .means it doesn't matter much to people either way. I bet most just dont care.
  • Nevidyra
    Nevidyra
    ✭✭✭✭
    What another fun, exciting, healthy evening for Kaalgrontiid. A certain handful of guilds on DC certainly aren't killing off PvP for others on DC, EP, and AD. Coming into Cyrodiil and seeing a map like this definitely incentivizes one to leave their home keeps or even venture beyond the gate, and they definitely won't be zerged down by 40+ blue players.. even if you're solo!

For those of you on DC that detest this kind of gate-pushing, PvP-killing, PvDooring nonsense that's become the norm, I salute you and I also offer my consolation that this certain handful of guilds ruined your faction, just as they had ruined AD before. I certainly feel for the EP players wary that they too will suffer having these guilds on their faction.

It's ridiculous and it needs to stop. This certain handful of guilds (we all know who I'm talking about- I won't name them due to forum rules) need a hefty kick in the ass. AD/EP needs to throw them back to the gates and make them just as miserable as they've made everyone else.

Maybe then they'll stop. Probably not. They'll probably just hop to EP to continue the cycle. Regardless of what happens, these words have never been truer:
    MajBludd wrote: »
    I ask this again, if you enjoy pvp why gate other factions?
    Unless you dont really care to pvp but instead just collect ap.

This has happened before in other camps and the dumb asses couldn't see it. Then whined incessantly that the pvp pop was dwindling.

If you care or enjoy pvp, you wouldn't stifle it.
    I get it, I'm not saying DC should stop playing or they aren't entitled to have fun too, but if these sort of things keep happening, they will be playing by themselves. I'm seeing far to many people just logging off or quitting because continuing to try is an actual waste of time.

fsbHs4C.jpg
    Edited by Nevidyra on October 22, 2019 9:49AM
    -PC/NA/AD-
    CP 1k+

Immortal Redeemer [✅]
    Tick-Tock Tormentor [✅]
    Gryphon Heart [✅]
    Godslayer [WIP]
    Dawnbringer [N/A]

• MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Looks like what used to go in kyne(bwb). What an amazing pvp experience to fight npcs.

Edit* at least you can get that cap Arrius quest.
    Edited by MajBludd on October 22, 2019 9:41AM
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @technohic I thought about the no faction lock camp. Thought it would be a good idea.

The more I thought about it the more I realized if everyone plays multiple factions, who is going to push the map, who is going to play to the objectives if everyone is trying to farm each other in ress towers?

It will most likely end up like shor, or whatever it ended up being called.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I remember towards the end of Balckwaters. AD used to have a poplock vs 1 bar. 1 bar meaning no more than 5 players at times. You try to take a resource you were zerged down. They had scouts on every keep. Setup a siege, it was almost burned instantly. I am not against gate camping but that was an extreme case. I pretty much quit playing PvP for about 3 months, and that is when I tiptoed into vet pvp.

Campaigns were unlocked then. Anyone thinking the solution is to unlock factions is just a fool. You will see fake emps crowned, one sided maps, groups of players flipping to AD/EP/DC just to take empty keeps. Does that really sound like fun?

I think the current problem that we are experiencing is population balance. There is no reason for 1 side to have more players than the other. They should have dynamic population, it will help solve the off-hour population and we won't see much change during prime time.

• Nevidyra
    Nevidyra
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wholly agree that there is a population imbalance right now, and that the current problems are due to it, moreso than faction lock.

AD is decimated as a faction. A lot of people left to jump on the DC bandwagon when they began to dominate campaigns by night capping. Outside of primetime, we're severely outnumbered, constantly being pushed by EP/DC. During primetime.. the map looks like this:

K4hsChz.jpg

Is it any wonder why there's such an imbalance? People log off instead of dealing with this. People genuinely feel like it's pointless to even try. Now imagine dealing with this almost every. single. day.
    Edited by Nevidyra on October 25, 2019 7:57AM
    -PC/NA/AD-
    CP 1k+

Immortal Redeemer [✅]
    Tick-Tock Tormentor [✅]
    Gryphon Heart [✅]
    Godslayer [WIP]
    Dawnbringer [N/A]

• MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Nevidyra , blame your fellow AD for not sticking with your faction and opting for easy mode.
    If they wanted a challenge, they would have stayed with AD or whatever faction was weakest.

The people who jump to the faction that is currently dominating are the worst kind of player there is in pvp.
    Edited by MajBludd on October 25, 2019 10:14AM
  • Hexquisite
    Hexquisite
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes every Faction has Nightcapped, but one could still find fun fights in the past at almost any hour. The difference is that now the population is so low, that I was logging on as a DC just a bit past prime time, and there would be nothing to do, no enemy players to fight--and then DC would go and gate the other factions when they already had their scrolls while many of these same players were talking about how PvP is dying. Clearly, they are aware that the health of PvP is on it's last legs, but they are not willing to stop gating.

So I switched to AD this campaign and friends will say to me AD is doing horrible, such low pop all the time, you must hate it...but I tell you what, at the times I have played one can always find a fight, although it might be an extremely outnumbered one lol. I love PvP all styles of it, and I was hoping more people would switch to AD to even it out a bit, but at least I am still having fun on my noob alt with hardly any passives and old old non meta gear.

Also it cost me 600K AP ((so far) to switch to AD, so I am not doing it for the money lol.

*In the stupidest thing ever, not only did I have to pay AP to abandon campaign with all my DC alts...I have to pay AP to home the new unlocked campaign. Zos just wanted that campaign to fail I think.
    PC NA
    ~Ethereal Traders Union~
    ~Spicy Economics~
    ~Tropic Thunder~
    ~Us Ghosts~

• AlanTheDragonLord
    AlanTheDragonLord
    ✭✭✭
    For a few campaigns now, DC and EP have been working hard to avoid each other's territory and both focus only on decimating AD, to the point that they have not only become a single faction versus AD, but are actually engaging in ongoing harassment because of this approach. There's been a number of times when I've jumped off the wall at the Western Elsweyr gate and found 20 DC gate camping. And so I've gone to the Eastern Elsweyr gate and found EP doing exactly the same thing. When EP and DC work together in this way to ensure AD can't even play the game, it's getting a bit ridiculous.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For a few campaigns now, DC and EP have been working hard to avoid each other's territory and both focus only on decimating AD, to the point that they have not only become a single faction versus AD, but are actually engaging in ongoing harassment because of this approach. There's been a number of times when I've jumped off the wall at the Western Elsweyr gate and found 20 DC gate camping. And so I've gone to the Eastern Elsweyr gate and found EP doing exactly the same thing. When EP and DC work together in this way to ensure AD can't even play the game, it's getting a bit ridiculous.

Everybody believes the other 2 alliances are working together to gate them.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Perhaps you've missed the times EP has pushed DC's trikeeps while not owning Drake or BRK. Or DC has pursued the faction obsession with Chal or Kingscrest while said trikeeps are being attacked or even are solidly in red, yellow or orange hands.

Every faction gets double teamed sometimes. But actual spawn camping at the gates is pathetic as it gets. Too bad you can't name and shame, because the identities of the perpetrators might be illuminating.