Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Lost access to ESO plus and Elsweyr

Dazzaw
Dazzaw
✭✭
I just logged into ESO on xbox to find my ESO plus isnt showing as active (payment went through on the 15th October) and Ive lost access to Eslweyr (I own the collectors edition, to which ive also lost access to my bonuses from that too) I Tweeted to the official eso accound and Bethesda support, also submited a ticket ( Ref is 191023-002365)
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also try restarting PC. Seems odd but that is the first step in tech support.

Hope the issue is rectified quickly.
  • Dazzaw
    Dazzaw
    ✭✭
    yeah, I probably should have said that I have rebooted my console and power cycled my network hardware. No joy
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Dazzaw

We are investigating some reports of Xbox One players being unable to access ESO Plus and Elsweyr game content.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Dazzaw
    Dazzaw
    ✭✭
    I just checked my account and all is normal again. Will effected accounts be credited an extra day of ESO plus to compensate for losing it for a day?
    Edited by Dazzaw on October 24, 2019 5:48PM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dazzaw wrote: »
    I just checked my account and all is normal again. Will effected accounts be credited an extra day of ESO plus to compensate for losing it for a day?

How can you be sure it was an ESO issue, @Dazzaw, and not an Xbox issue?
  • SaintAemilian

Why would you?
    You were suggested to try this on PC, and you mentioned that you rebooted your console and system hardware or something like that on your console.

Did you attempt to use the PC version, and did you attempt to contact Xbox to see if it was a problem on their end?
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Short answer: No.
    Long answer: all service companies have it written into their policy( one that you accept to use the service) that while their goal is 100% uptime, that is not always the case. And thus they are not responsible for the service not being available at all times for all customers.

Something to that effect.

So any compensation you get for any down time is considered a generous gift.
  • Dazzaw
    Dazzaw
    ✭✭
    Dunno why people are mentioning trying it on pc, I play it only on xbox. It was a simple question, as getting a day back is something I’ve experienced in other games. A simple no would have sufficed. Thank you Anotherone773 for at least replying with a civil comment 👍
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunno why people are mentioning trying it on pc, I play it only on xbox. It was a simple question, as getting a day back is something I’ve experienced in other games. A simple no would have sufficed. Thank you Anotherone773 for at least replying with a civil comment 👍

@Dazzaw, because people have turned, "we should get compensation," into a meme on the boards. Hell, right now there's another thread in general asking for six months and 10k crowns as compensation for the hotfix this afternoon. At that point, yeah, the request, however reasonable, is going to get a lot of less than charitable responses.
  • Dazzaw
    Dazzaw
    ✭✭
    Oh, ok. I don’t use the forums much. I had no idea.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dazzaw, yeah, it was mostly bad luck. Sorry, man.
  • xMovingTarget
    xMovingTarget
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yea man, Bad luck that the company of this game screws you over with their bugridden product they seemingly dont care about. Bad luck they cheated you out of 1 day of your subscription. You just have bad luck mate! You need to immediatly buy crowns!

If they feck you over with their incompetence, your are right to ask for compensation. Not doing so just encourages them to give less and less of a damn about you as a customer.

You pay but cant use what you pay for for a certain amount of time because the company providing the product for you messes it up? Eyyyy, bad luck to you. People defending this disgust me. Gaming wouldnt be as bad as it is with over monitization without these sheepz. And maybe we could have games that were actually good with companies actually caring about their product, trying to please the customers.

These days they literally dont give a damn, because enough sheepies give them their money anyways, regardless of how broken and halfassed their game is. Utterly Shameless.

You sir should get 1 day eso+ added to your account. Since it was not your fault. THe same way as everyone actively playing with eso+ should have gotten 1-2 days eso+ extensions because all the downtime you had last week because zenimax cant do anything right.

But ey, bad luck I guess. Right?