Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please fix Ebon armory set! It's broken for 2 years now

• yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    yodased wrote: »
    Ozby wrote: »
    you are swapping weapons, you don't have the buff because you don't have the weapon equipped. They would have to completely rework how set bonuses work for this to be a thing and its such a small problem that reworking entire systems just doesn't make sense.

Put your ebon on your jewels and body and call it a day, very easy fix even if you don't like it.

Did they completely rework them for Jorvulds, siroria and Olorime too? answer is no.

Not the same thing in any way. Ebon, hircine, sanctuary and worm are unique in when you equip 5 pieces a permanent buff is applied to the group.

Also i didnt say fixing anything would be "game breaking" simply that they would have to rework the weapon swap mechanics of buff sets for it to work. Adding a lingering buff would be exploited for sure someone would figure out how to die and swap the gear so everyone gets permanent anon like you can get permanent twiceborn or permanent histbark.

The fix is to wear ebon on your body i mean it's one of the easiest sets in the game to farm. This is just someone who golded out their weapons and is pissed, which fine I get it.

Yes, the reason it can't be fixed is because someone might exploit it.

Genius.

jesus christ I am not saying it can't be fixed, I'm saying it won't be fixed. I'm not advocating for anything to stay the way it is or not, I don't have a personal stake in this.

I can ask the same of everyone flipping out about this, why do you care so much there is a VERY easy "fix" that you can do yourselves.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't call it broken or a bug, just an oversight. They may be the same weapon types, but they're entirely different items independent of one another.

There is always a way of coding around it, but it's most likely very low on their priority list.
    Ajax_22 wrote: »
    It's not going to get fixed. Due to they way weapon swap works it's not possible. Letting the person wearing the set maintain the buff was the closest they could get.

Let's face it. There are no impossible things. There are crappy developers. ^^

I'd just love to be a developer working on a game for 7-9 years for some random person on the internet to tell me I'm crappy at what I do when they're just working within a larger organization that tells them what to do.

Blame the leadership, the company, the outdated engine they're forced to use. Developers go through enough bull in this industry to just get blasted by their player-base at every turn.

Random person on the internet that pays their salary, that's a really important omission. Game is a product, players are customers, and as tempting as it is to imagine, money don't appear out of thin air. They come from people's pockets, mine included, so while it's the case, I'll be calling out crappy development, thankyouverymuch. ^^

You have the right to complain all you like as a paying customer, but your complaints are directed at the wrong people. The developers are told what to work on by their leadership and the company they work for. If there is actually a bad developer their superiors are responsible for them.

That's like blaming an employee in a factory for the design of a product when they just push the buttons, they don't decide what gets made or how it's made, but if they're actually bad at what they do. You can bet they would be reprimanded.

There is a reason EA and Activision are amongst the most hated companies in this industry. There the ones telling the developers what to do, deadlines, their budget, what to make and how they can twist that for profit. I would almost never blame the developers.

While by 'developers' I regularly mean whole development team including those who make decisions on how to prioritize bugfixes (and not just those who directly write code), I'm not cutting slack to the latter either. I'm pretty sure nobody is blameless in this chain. Sorry, but when (mentioned above) weapons are hanging under your feet for more than a year (or was it two?) after teleporting, defend developers all you want and say all you want about how hard it is to localize that terribly elusive bug and to fix it - but guess what, over that time, a crutch was released in a form of add-on to fix that bug, and it does the trick in two lines of code. Think of it. Two. Toggles 'hide your helm' option back and forth after changing location. I'd be ashamed if community was releasing two-line fixes for bugs I didn't bother to fix (or at least band-aid in same way) for more than a year.

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you are swapping weapons, you don't have the buff because you don't have the weapon equipped. They would have to completely rework how set bonuses work for this to be a thing and its such a small problem that reworking entire systems just doesn't make sense.

Put your ebon on your jewels and body and call it a day, very easy fix even if you don't like it.

Did they completely rework them for Jorvulds, siroria and Olorime too? answer is no.

Not the same thing in any way. Ebon, hircine, sanctuary and worm are unique in when you equip 5 pieces a permanent buff is applied to the group.

Also i didnt say fixing anything would be "game breaking" simply that they would have to rework the weapon swap mechanics of buff sets for it to work. Adding a lingering buff would be exploited for sure someone would figure out how to die and swap the gear so everyone gets permanent anon like you can get permanent twiceborn or permanent histbark.

The fix is to wear ebon on your body i mean it's one of the easiest sets in the game to farm. This is just someone who golded out their weapons and is pissed, which fine I get it.

Genius.

jesus christ I am not saying it can't be fixed, I'm saying it won't be fixed. I'm not advocating for anything to stay the way it is or not, I don't have a personal stake in this.

I can ask the same of everyone flipping out about this, why do you care so much there is a VERY easy "fix" that you can do yourselves.

Seriously, give up. Some people just want to argue for the sake of arguing.
  • Ajax_22
    Ajax_22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Ajax_22 on July 31, 2019 2:56PM
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So yes current sets, but it doesn't need a rework, just a simple if check...

If set pieces == 5 on both bars retain the buff even while swapping.. done.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Genius.

That's not a fix. It's a work-around.

What it doesn't consider is that it would be better for some builds if they weren't locked in to wearing heavy armor.

Say, a healer who wants to wear Ebon. If it worked properly, they could run Ebon jewels + resto + lightning and maintain 5 light, 1 medium, 1 heavy. In its broken state, at best they can run Ebon jewels + 2 Ebon body pieces, meaning they sacrifice 5/1/1 to work around the issue.

The same shortcomings apply to a tank who wants to have some other set active on both bars for whatever reason. Like Alkosh, to increase uptimes, or Yolo, to proc it on both Pierce Armor and Inner Fire on different bars. Many similar issues arise from this limitation.

No one is "flipping out." The OP was a very simple request to finally actually address this issue.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So dedicate time and systems engineering so your healer can min/max. got it.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree with the OP, sets like Ebon should be fixed so weapons can be double barred without losing the buff, I'm all for build diversity, and my message to the OP is don't feed the troll. Some people don't understand that certain posts are made to bring issues to the developer's attention that has been bugging the community for years, and that is the only possible way to get things possibly solved. Simply shutting up and slotting things are certain way to avoid bugs will not let the developers know that this is an issue with players and should be looked at after years of players deconning useless weapons on a set that should have working weapons. Thank you for being our voice.
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not just about min maxing, also about making Trials Healer a more pleasant pursuit altogether, since if they want to run Ebon and 5 light, they MUST have 2 light Monster pieces. A substantial impediment to progress for Healers that doesn't exist at all for DDs and barely exists for Tanks. Some players will never, ever see a certain Monster shoulder in a certain weight. Maybe with this new system that won't be the case.

Note that this was less of an issue before the addition of the Claws set, as there are now 4 essential damage-augmenting sets typically best put on a tank. It is reasonable to bring this up now.

Anyhow my Mallet of the Devourer is still maturing in storage quite nicely after 5 years

Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Disturbed125
    Disturbed125
    ✭✭✭
    The ebon bug has always been a strange thing to me. It seems like simply adding a ~2s cooldown to losing the buff would eliminate the problem. I'm not sure if that would allow for some unintended silliness to happen though. No matter how they go at it it would be nice if they'd fix it. I think its been broken since i started playing this game
    Edited by Disturbed125 on August 1, 2019 12:56AM
    [PC NA] -Chaos Riders-
    Flawless Conqueror - Boethia's Scythe - Mageslayer - Ophidian Overloard - Shehai Shatterer - Divayth Fyr's Conjugator - Voice of Reason - Dro'Mathra Destroyer - Blackrose Executioner - Bringer of Light - Extinguisher of Flames - Xalvakka's Scourge
    Trifectas
    Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Depths Defier - Relentless Raider - The Unchained (1st NA / 2nd World) - Immortal Redeemer - Nature's Wrath - Defanged the Devourer - Tick Tock Tormentor - Gryphon Heart - Dawnbringer - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - GodSlayer - Privateer - Coral Caretaker
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This would be a global change for many sets falling off during bar swap, and it's an annoying bug "min/max" either way; I am a programmer and I can tell you it wouldn't take that long if someone was familiar with the code base, make a user story, put a task to research, then a task to fix the problem, complete it, one day could be done by one person.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Genius.

I'll answer your question players who bought the game want for it to work as a tended and not have bugs you ignorant ***
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on August 1, 2019 6:51PM
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Genius.

I'll answer your question players who bought the game want for it to work as a tended and not have bugs you ignorant ***

Ignorant? 😆 I am a lot of things, that isn't one.
  • Lisutaris
    Lisutaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBH, it's easy to "fix" , "workaround", "who cares how you call it".

If you take the "rune focus" buff from the templar skill tree as an example. Standing in the circle will give you a buff (some seconds) and is refreshing very fast, as long as you aren't leaving it.

They could let it (the set) generate some sort of aoe aura->buff (every second) that lasts for ~5 seconds and hits up to 11 extra targets.
    With such a change, it WOULD NOT matter, if the 5 pcs bonus is deactivated for 1sec. After bar swap, with ~3-4secs remaining, it would get "refreshed" to 5 seconds again.
    -> no drop in health, maybe some new combination ideas for master,arena,... weapons and orb sets as backbar. --> 5 seconds is just an idea, could also be ~15 seconds to improve it as a backbar set. With such a "long" duration, it would also be possible to let it refresh every 5seconds instead of 1 second -> less information -> less data.
    Edited by Lisutaris on August 3, 2019 2:39AM
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll answer your question players who bought the game want for it to work as a tended and not have bugs you ignorant ***[/quote]

Ignorant? 😆 I am a lot of things, that isn't one.[/quote]

You know you may be right about that and I'm sorry for calling you ignorant but you know your always trying to sit here and tell us that we need a walk around for them sorry I bought this game I pay for the sub so therefore I shouldn't have to walk around them they should have to fix there game and it's just ignorance to think that the customer should have to walk around the seller of any item to make it work correctly
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on August 3, 2019 3:52AM
  • unclesheosnephew
    unclesheosnephew
    ✭✭✭
    They havent fixed the guild banking system in over 5 years I doubt this one is going to either. In all my tanking in this game never used ebon, alkosh, or any other Flavor of the month. How about trying something new? In all seriousness 1k extra hp isnt squat.I have been in a lot of trials and never once heard or had someone say, thank god for that extra 1k hp. Its more like security theatre. having more makes you feel safer when you know your going to watch them die anyways.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They havent fixed the guild banking system in over 5 years I doubt this one is going to either. In all my tanking in this game never used ebon, alkosh, or any other Flavor of the month. How about trying something new? In all seriousness 1k extra hp isnt squat.I have been in a lot of trials and never once heard or had someone say, thank god for that extra 1k hp. Its more like security theatre. having more makes you feel safer when you know your going to watch them die anyways.

It's all about averages. Do you let your DDs run with 11k health? How about 13k? 14k, maybe? There always will be some margin that is considered 'safe enough' for your run. You feel they're not survivable enough? You wear Ebon and let them keep their stats without making sacrifices. You feel they're already good health-wise? You wear Ebon and let them invest the extra 1.1k (in fact more because of percentage bonuses and resistances) into stamina/magicka and get more damage. It's just a good, versatile set like that, whether you like it or not.

Those sets are flavor of the month not because they're trendy, but just because they're so good, that's all. And ultimately, this thread isn't about discussion of whether tanks should be buff slaves or stupid meat shields. It's just about asking to fix a bug with a set. Not sure what "this set is bad anyway", "just wear it on body" and "some people are here to argue" people are doing in this thread. Oh my, people report bugs. On PTS server forum. Where people are supposed to provide feedback. Outrageous, how dare they.
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is what the thread is about it's about a bug fix

Also, what you're saying about tank sets and 1k health the end game community is laughing at you.
    Edited by Jodynn on August 3, 2019 2:55PM
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
  • unclesheosnephew
    unclesheosnephew
    ✭✭✭

This is what the thread is about it's about a but fix

Also, what you're saying about tank sets and 1k health the end game community is laughing at you.

there has been tons of threads about fixing both of these issues and they havent yet. sad but true
  • unclesheosnephew
    unclesheosnephew
    ✭✭✭

except for vCR+3 and vSS I have cleared every other trial in sets that I though through and worked on. Let them laugh also, I will still tell you if you think 1k health extra is going to prevent a wipe then go on continue to believe it. I personally never ran it, I was in an anti-meta guild that ran other things as well and were able to clear trials after we practiced and learned what to do and when. I am actually sad for those players that feel that have to wear that. But to each their own.
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

except for vCR+3 and vSS I have cleared every other trial in sets that I though through and worked on. Let them laugh also, I will still tell you if you think 1k health extra is going to prevent a wipe then go on continue to believe it. I personally never ran it, I was in an anti-meta guild that ran other things as well and were able to clear trials after we practiced and learned what to do and when. I am actually sad for those players that feel that have to wear that. But to each their own.

Not about what you have to wear about what makes you most efficient for helping one another in a raid environment and making the trial as fun and smooth as possible while clearing in the best and fastest way possible.

Learning mechanics is important and I condone you for doing so with your own setup, you are allowed whatever you like; however that is also a very selfish attitude, you have 11 other people to think of and your role is to support, buff, and protect them.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
  • unclesheosnephew
    unclesheosnephew
    ✭✭✭

It's all about averages. Do you let your DDs run with 11k health? How about 13k? 14k, maybe? There always will be some margin that is considered 'safe enough' for your run. You feel they're not survivable enough? You wear Ebon and let them keep their stats without making sacrifices. You feel they're already good health-wise? You wear Ebon and let them invest the extra 1.1k (in fact more because of percentage bonuses and resistances) into stamina/magicka and get more damage. It's just a good, versatile set like that, whether you like it or not.

Those sets are flavor of the month not because they're trendy, but just because they're so good, that's all. And ultimately, this thread isn't about discussion of whether tanks should be buff slaves or stupid meat shields. It's just about asking to fix a bug with a set. Not sure what "this set is bad anyway", "just wear it on body" and "some people are here to argue" people are doing in this thread. Oh my, people report bugs. On PTS server forum. Where people are supposed to provide feedback. Outrageous, how dare they.

Actually they are other sets that can compete with them. and honestly I dont remember the last time I was in a trial that had someone under 18k health that was dps and 20k health as a healer. Not a single time Pug Tanking trials even has someone commented on why I wasnt wearing them. I actually think the FoTM is starting to leave a dull bad taste now. Its time to move on. But thats my 2 scents.(Never owned alkosh or ebon actually) Tested on the PTS and felt there were better out there.
  • Ramber
    Ramber
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not going to get fixed. Due to they way weapon swap works it's not possible. Letting the person wearing the set maintain the buff was the closest they could get.

that why i call them programmers lol
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Actually they are other sets that can compete with them. and honestly I dont remember the last time I was in a trial that had someone under 18k health that was dps and 20k health as a healer. Not a single time Pug Tanking trials even has someone commented on why I wasnt wearing them. I actually think the FoTM is starting to leave a dull bad taste now. Its time to move on. But thats my 2 scents.(Never owned alkosh or ebon actually) Tested on the PTS and felt there were better out there.

Can you really call ebon and alkosh "fotm" when they have been in the game for 3+ and 4+ years? Meta, sure but the sets are good regardless of your personal opinions.
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Baraber wrote: »
    When using Ebon on weapon pieces (double barred) and you bar swap, your group members (excluding the tank) lose the 1000 health bonus and regain it a moment later, so it's like they are damaged, i just saw a guy die to this!
    And please don't give me the "so use Ebon on body pieces" speech. it's a bug that has been around for over 2 years, and it's time for it to get fixed!
    It feels like people accepted this as a reality and no one is addressing this issue as it gets completely ignored.

P.S - this bug also applies to Worm cult, Hircine's veneer, and Sanctuary (possibly other sets too) , but people losing the resource reduction buff for half a second doesn't kill anyone like Ebon does.

Please fix those sets, stop ignoring it.

it's the reason why tank should not equip ebon via weapons. I also think it should be fixed, but here is the way... armor or jewellery slots...
    Edited by JusticeSouldier on August 3, 2019 5:19PM
    all classes. pc platform, dissapointed.
  • Baraber
    Baraber
    ✭✭✭
    When using Ebon on weapon pieces (double barred) and you bar swap, your group members (excluding the tank) lose the 1000 health bonus and regain it a moment later, so it's like they are damaged, i just saw a guy die to this!
    And please don't give me the "so use Ebon on body pieces" speech. it's a bug that has been around for over 2 years, and it's time for it to get fixed!
    It feels like people accepted this as a reality and no one is addressing this issue as it gets completely ignored.

P.S - this bug also applies to Worm cult, Hircine's veneer, and Sanctuary (possibly other sets too) , but people losing the resource reduction buff for half a second doesn't kill anyone like Ebon does.

it's the reason why tank should not equip ebon via weapons. I also think it should be fixed, but here is the way... armor or jewellery slots...

🤦🏻‍♂️
  • Baraber
    Baraber
    ✭✭✭
    Hello again, when i saw the 5.2.5 patch notes i was overjoyed:
    "Auras from abilities, such as Ebon Armory, will no longer fall off for allies when bar swapping from an active 5-piece bonus via weapons."

HOWEVER

It still falls off, it's still bugged, workes exactly the same as before, nothing changed...

Appreantly you said you fixed it, but you didn't...
    Please try again ^^
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty true. Though you can easily interchange crappy with unmotivated.

I think the pseudo thought-process would be....

1) You switch weapons
    2) Do you have a weapon equipped on the back bar?
    3) If yes, is it the same set as the one of the front bar?
    4) If yes, are all 5 pieces equipped?
    5) If yes, don't lose buff.
    6) If any of the questions answered no, lose buff.

This logic would take a fraction of a fraction of a second to process.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

My fix to this issue: my tank uses 2 Ebon body pieces and jewelry.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bar hopping costs lives, just say no. Oh sorry just reread post.