The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Char build

Petoften
Petoften
✭✭✭
Hi, I'm making another nightblade (khajit). I didn't want to 'cookie cutter', but something different. So I was thinking of prioritizing the usually little used fighters guild/undaunted.

Then I found you can't really make a build out of them. So, do what I can with them, plus whatever.

The only armor set I could find that uses them was Spelunkers, which uses undaunted; then out of various 'good' sets I noticed Mother's Sorrow, and made/looted those sets.

So, what should I do? Are those so bad I need to change them? Better to check before I start putting yellow glyphs on.

What would be some skills to use? I like to keep that simple - a bread and butter attack, a 'setup'/timed/dot type attack to open with, a 'heal/leech' attack, a 'finisher' attack.

Undaunted/Fighters Guild where possible, dual wield or class skills probably, something interesting. Basic decent build - dungeon/vet, shouldn't that work for normal trial also?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That setup will work fine, @Petoften.

Unless you’re chasing leaderboards or doing vet DLC trials, you can more or less run whatever you want.

Even skill selection is pretty wide open. Play what’s fun for you.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on October 25, 2019 2:18PM
  • Petoften
    Petoften
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I've tried two vet dungeons so far, and on both after about 3 hours, we couldn't kill the final boss; it didn't feel like my DPS was that good. There's a lot of guessing on things like skills.
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Spelunker is honestly probably one of the worst sets in the game. It's also a medium armor stamina set, and mother's sorrow is a light armor magic set, so you're losing out on both fronts.
  • Petoften
    Petoften
    ✭✭✭
    Not mother's sorrow, I was wrong, I meant night mother's gaze.
  • azjuwelz
    azjuwelz
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are several things that go into your dps, and sets is 1 of them, but your skills and rotation is another. (Also, you do have all your attribute points in Stamina for your stamina build, correct?) Another thing that can impact your damage is making sure to have all the right passives and CP.

Just to get an idea, what's your weapon damage? Also what level are you?
    Xbox-NA
    Guildmaster of Nightmothers Deadly Deals

PVE/PVP Stamblade: Ylandra Silverthorn
    PVE Magwarden healer: Raw'zl Dah Zel
    PVE DK Tank: Greta Feuerwerk
    PVP StamDK: Helga Feuerwerk
    PVP Necro Healer: Dratha Helbain
    PVE Magcro: Dorian Fey
    PVE Magblade: Arivssa Thaoral
    PVE Magsorc: Eldara Birchwood
  • Petoften
    Petoften
    ✭✭✭
    this char is 50, about cp497. I used the alcast guide for cp, and all the points are in stam (as of recently, when I found I hadn't hit save on them and they had no points). Weapons are yellow, so 1300 and some damage. Lots of passives.

I don't really like 'rotations'; I described the sort of attacks I like in the OP. I'm mainly now using one dual wield skill about every 10 seconds, with a few others.

I'm aware skills affect dps, that's why I posted this, I was looking more for specifics.
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Honestly, rotations are what kill things. Having multiple dots ticking damage at the same time. If you treat dungeons like a ganker in PVP or something, it's...going to take 3 hours, which isn't fair to the rest of the group
  • Petoften
    Petoften
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like I'm not going to get much more than 'here's the optimal, you should do that cookie cutter.'
  • Petoften
    Petoften
    ✭✭✭
    They should just take out choice, and level you cookie cutter as you level.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can start by taking a standard build and replacing parts of it with FG/Undaunted abilities. Out of all of them you can use:

Silver Shards as a spammable (might be hard to sustain though)
    Trap as a DoT/buff (commonly used already)
    Dawnbreaker to replace your ulti
    Expert Hunter is pretty bad but you can make it work since I'm guessing you are not using pots
    Shadow Silk as a DoT

But in reality, your problem is not this specific build. Without a rotation and with your general approach you will struggle to perform anywhere beyond the easiest vet dungeons regardless of your build.