The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Jabbed to death

• universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can’t say it’s a buff when it’s only a buff to a particular playstyle but a nerf to every Templar that currently runs dots. Sure if you have no interests in dots it will come off as a “buff” but if you run a dot on Templar your damage is taking an L. Every damage skill on my bar is a dot and aoe & like I said most Templar abilities are considered dots. So the fact still stands that their damage is getting nerfed no matter which way you try to state it.

If you read through the comments you’ll see he says it’s a buff to HIS playstyle but everyone doesn’t play like he does. It’s misleading, let’s view everything in a vacuum because it doesn’t apply to me is basically what happened.

As I said, most of your dmg next patch will come from direct dmg skills. Ut is a nerf to dots and nobody can deny it. I'm jiat saying, your dots will never be as good or near as good as they are now on live than on dragonhold. Therefore, I find it not optimal to spend as much points in thaum in dragonhold as in scalebreaker. Your are better off buffing your direct dmg abilites more than dots next patch, because they will be dealing most dmg for you in both PvE and PvP. It might not be you playsyle, but it is better in terms of dmg outpot. Beside, almost all classes had their playstyle altered for next patch and templar is no exception this time.

This is just my opinion and feel free to disagree. Everything needs testing from scratch next patch dot=direct dmg, so it is possible that I might be wrong. I don't have access to pts currently, otherwise I would have tested it myself.
    Edited by universal_wrath on October 20, 2019 2:53AM
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    that's a good name for a toon

Honestly, there are a lot of inexperienced Templar players running around because they just follow the Meta. With that being said, many people you Jabbing at "air" is a Templar trying to pull a NB out of cloak, or an inexperienced player screwing up their rotation because their used to a different play style with another character.

Also, for Stamina Templars Jabs is pretty much our only viable combo at the moment, coupled with PotL and DB/Onslaught.

Compare Jab spam to a StamDK or Stamsorc spamming Dswing until ready to Ult dump into Executioner. Or a NB spamming SA/CW.

Don't be upset because you can't counter one of the easiest skills to counter. Simply walk through it...
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    Kadoin wrote: »
    Solariken wrote: »
    Who needs to combo when Auroran's and Overwhelming can do all your heavy lifting. 90% of the 'plartards just Pury Light > Toppling > jabjabjabjab

True story, and it will be truer next patch. ZOS has no idea how OP some of these proc sets are, you just gotta shake your head sometimes.

Ive NEVER died fighting one or both of those sets in any bg ever.

To be fair, any class can use this combo. Also, Toppling will more than likely only be used as a Gap Closer/CC this patch. As Sweeps have been changed to DD and DoTs are weaker, less Magplars will be speccing CP into Thaum - thus less likely to get Off Balance damage passive from CP Tree. Also, Off Balance does nothing in No CP...
  • Witar
    Witar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Templars don't feel that strong anymore. Esp when fighting tanks that seems to be almost everyone in cyro right now.
    It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
    Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt,
    It lies behind stars and under hills,
    And empty holes it fills,
    It comes first and follows after,
    Ends life, kills laughter.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't be upset because you can't counter one of the easiest skills to counter. Simply walk through it...

40% snare on spammable on cooldown even with snare immunity like shuffle is active, so easy to walk through.
  • fbours
    fbours
    ✭✭✭

Honestly, there are a lot of inexperienced Templar players running around because they just follow the Meta. With that being said, many people you Jabbing at "air" is a Templar trying to pull a NB out of cloak, or an inexperienced player screwing up their rotation because their used to a different play style with another character.

Also, for Stamina Templars Jabs is pretty much our only viable combo at the moment, coupled with PotL and DB/Onslaught.

Compare Jab spam to a StamDK or Stamsorc spamming Dswing until ready to Ult dump into Executioner. Or a NB spamming SA/CW.

I'm amazed about the amount of people saying how easy is to avoid jabs - this is a spammable, I cannot spam shuffle or other skills alike as you suggest. You also assume the Templar is a bot who will not react to others movements.

You compare dizzy vs jabs, I'll take dizzy any day over jabs in terms of fighting against. Dizzy at least requires some amount of skill and aim and had some counter play due to the cast time.

Assuming having equal skill players on both a Templar vs any class you will see Templars still have the upper hand.
  • Witar
    Witar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jabs tend not to work prime time at all, so yeah it's definitly easy to avoid.
    It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
    Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt,
    It lies behind stars and under hills,
    And empty holes it fills,
    It comes first and follows after,
    Ends life, kills laughter.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Witar wrote: »
    Jabs tend not to work prime time at all, so yeah it's definitly easy to avoid.

Connection or technical issues are irrelevent.
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fbours wrote: »

I'm amazed about the amount of people saying how easy is to avoid jabs - this is a spammable, I cannot spam shuffle or other skills alike as you suggest. You also assume the Templar is a bot who will not react to others movements.

You compare dizzy vs jabs, I'll take dizzy any day over jabs in terms of fighting against. Dizzy at least requires some amount of skill and aim and had some counter play due to the cast time.

Assuming having equal skill players on both a Templar vs any class you will see Templars still have the upper hand.

Jabs' channel is longer than dswing and dswing does way more damage. Jabs IS as easy to avoid as dswing is. Literally same mechanics.
    Also, with 5 med armor on casting 1 shuffle gets you snare immunity equal to 5 jab spams and (still on console) mitigates jabs by a flat 25%...let that sink in.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Jabs' channel is longer than dswing and dswing does way more damage. Jabs IS as easy to avoid as dswing is. Literally same mechanics.
    Also, with 5 med armor on casting 1 shuffle gets you snare immunity equal to 5 jab spams and (still on console) mitigates jabs by a flat 25%...let that sink in.

Jabs dmg is way more than dswing even not including burning light.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • fbours
    fbours
    ✭✭✭

It appears to me that someone someone is being a bit too biased towards Templars.

No, not same mechanics one is channeled other one is a cast and does dmg at the end. I have to aim to land dzwing, I don't have to aim jabs, literally you do not have to aim.

Shuffle is not meant to be a spamable, every 5 secs cast it? funny. It effectively reduces your damage due to losing a global every 5 secs and while losing sustain. Reduce the cost or make it last longer. Templars can literally perma slow you down. Worts part is you are assuming everyone has shuffle, how about mag toons.

Templars have perma minor protection, I would take that any day vs having to slot shuffle. You are calling for homogenization right there as it seems now everyone needs to slot shuffle to effectively play the game, smart.

Jabs plus burning light is much different story, and is an AOE dealing equal amounts of dmg as single target skill. Let that sink in.

Accept facts, Templars are fotm, that's fine, but right now it is too obvious and they need some tunning down.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It appears to me that someone someone is being a bit too biased towards Templars.

No, not same mechanics one is channeled other one is a cast and does dmg at the end. I have to aim to land dzwing, I don't have to aim jabs, literally you do not have to aim.

Shuffle is not meant to be a spamable, every 5 secs cast it? funny. It effectively reduces your damage due to losing a global every 5 secs and while losing sustain. Reduce the cost or make it last longer. Templars can literally perma slow you down. Worts part is you are assuming everyone has shuffle, how about mag toons.

Templars have perma minor protection, I would take that any day vs having to slot shuffle. You are calling for homogenization right there as it seems now everyone needs to slot shuffle to effectively play the game, smart.

Jabs plus burning light is much different story, and is an AOE dealing equal amounts of dmg as single target skill. Let that sink in.

Accept facts, Templars are fotm, that's fine, but right now it is too obvious and they need some tunning down.

To be fair, you do have to aim jabs, it's just different than DS. You don't lose your channel if LOS or out of range like DS whicu is most annoying thing. You deal dmg through out the channel, unlike DS that is all or nothing.

That issue has been fixed on PC I believe and it was a bug to begin with and nevee intended. Even if someuses shuffle, templar still have the upper hand becuase both players will be on same speed, so oppenent will not be able to run away. If they do, tapling and spam jabs to perma snare again. One does not simply run from templar. Blocking or trying to block jabs is also another issue as you get 10%more dmg against blocking targets if using aedric spear ability.
  • fbours
    fbours
    ✭✭✭

To be fair, you do have to aim jabs, it's just different than DS. You don't lose your channel if LOS or out of range like DS whicu is most annoying thing. You deal dmg through out the channel, unlike DS that is all or nothing.

That issue has been fixed on PC I believe and it was a bug to begin with and nevee intended. Even if someuses shuffle, templar still have the upper hand becuase both players will be on same speed, so oppenent will not be able to run away. If they do, tapling and spam jabs to perma snare again. One does not simply run from templar. Blocking or trying to block jabs is also another issue as you get 10%more dmg against blocking targets if using aedric spear ability.

Barely aim, for real - it has a 8 m radius. Everything else you say I said it with different words.
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Barely aim, for real - it has a 8 m radius. Everything else you say I said it with different words.
    Barely aim? Not only you have to aim it, but you also have to predict where the enemy is due to latency.
    People who say "it's easy to aim jabs" clearly haven't tried a templar in PvP yet. I doubt a single person who has tried it in PvP dares to say such a stupid thing.
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tplink3r1 wrote: »

Barely aim? Not only you have to aim it, but you also have to predict where the enemy is due to latency.
    People who say "it's easy to aim jabs" clearly haven't tried a templar in PvP yet. I doubt a single person who has tried it in PvP dares to say such a stupid thing.

Hi i've had a magplar + stamplar for over 2yrs.

Its easy to aim.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • fbours
    fbours
    ✭✭✭

Yes, you have to aim. It is easier to aim, much easier, simple and plain facts - don't get offended by facts. Remember It is a freaking AOE ability that moves as you move. Do you have difficulties aiming with AOE skills? If so that is a different story.

What is harder to land on a moving target, DS, jabs or surprise attack? Which of those 3 spammables bring more to the table and has better synergies with each of their groups passives? Surprise surprise, jab jab jab!

And yeah I pvp, I think I'm still in the pvp forums, I hope.
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, you have to aim. It is easier to aim, much easier, simple and plain facts - don't get offended by facts. Remember It is a freaking AOE ability that moves as you move. Do you have difficulties aiming with AOE skills? If so that is a different story.

What is harder to land on a moving target, DS, jabs or surprise attack? Which of those 3 spammables bring more to the table and has better synergies with each of their groups passives? Surprise surprise, jab jab jab!

You talk like i'm the only one who says this... you are completely out of touch with reality and how the pvp latency affects this ability.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=eso+jabs+difficult+to+land+site:forums.elderscrollsonline.com&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjrq8X2z7PlAhXJx1kKHVwICvIQrQIoBDAAegQIBBAN
    Edited by tplink3r1 on October 24, 2019 12:27AM
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You talk like i'm the only one who says this... you are completely out of touch with reality and how the pvp latency affects this ability.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=eso+jabs+difficult+to+land+site:forums.elderscrollsonline.com&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjrq8X2z7PlAhXJx1kKHVwICvIQrQIoBDAAegQIBBAN

Dude, this thread you posted was made in 2015 and all if the comments are in 2015, non jumped to 2019 or even 2018, too old to compare.
  • Reaper_00
    Reaper_00
    ✭✭✭✭

Why? Does roll dodging through them (or streak if you’re a sorc) and attacking them from the flank/rear no longer work? How about staying at max range if you’re a ranged player? What about the old tried and tested CC and burst? How about just building tankier? All those things used to work before Templars were fotm and they still work now.

I’m completely mystified as to why people think they should be able to face tank jabs all of a sudden. That’s never been possible (unless you are a tank) even when Templar were considered bottom tier. People need to stop asking for nerfs simply because someone else plays in a way that doesn’t suit their own personal play style.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reaper_00 wrote: »

Why? Does roll dodging through them (or streak if you’re a sorc) and attacking them from the flank/rear no longer work? How about staying at max range if you’re a ranged player? What about the old tried and tested CC and burst? How about just building tankier? All those things used to work before Templars were fotm and they still work now.

I’m completely mystified as to why people think they should be able to face tank jabs all of a sudden. That’s never been possible (unless you are a tank) even when Templar were considered bottom tier. People need to stop asking for nerfs simply because someone else plays in a way that doesn’t suit their own personal play style.

You dodge roll, jabs hit mid dodge roll and templar can still follow you and aim the habs to you, you don't simply vanish or become immune to dmg once you dodge roll and poeple don't see where you went.

Streak<tapling, most templar if not all are using tapling because it stuns and sit targets off balance. Streak 15m, tapling 22m. Streak no longer stuns behind you, only front, making taping even more easier to use against streaking sorcs.

All class have cc and burst so does templar, but it is hard to burst some if your burst does not work. Jabs>flurry, DS, CW..etc. snares criple melee burst anytime and make it harder to land. Range builds have better chamce to lands burst, that is if temolars don't have tapling to waste away their burst.

Nobody said anything about face tank jabs, people are complaing that you can't run away from and it is easy to use, and deals more dmg than most spammables. You can only use dmg shield to negate the dmg from jabs and it only account to 1 use of jabs or 2 at max. HOTs heal for less than the dmg you take from jabs, not count other dmg skills templars use.

I did many dauls on PTS efore dragonhold was launched. I was at disadvantage evertime I play against templars when they use jabs, so I was asking them to try other spammables like DS and such, almost non of them was able to kill me, and I dauled both magicka and stamina. I'm not claiming to be a good player I'm average or maybe less, I'm just saying that I can kill templars if they don't use jabs. Only times I survived were when I was wearing heavy armor and dealing all the time till I exhuast my resources and die.
    Edited by universal_wrath on October 24, 2019 8:37AM
  • fbours
    fbours
    ✭✭✭
    Reaper_00 wrote: »

You literally missed the entire point. All you say are constants that applies to all other spamables/classes. Jabs still remains on top, and by far.

I'm completely mystified as to why people think Templars are just bots that will do nothing when they get CCd or the other person Dodge rolls. "oh *** there he/she goes, they Dodged my jabs shu shu train and I can only keep going straight!".

Can you answer my question about DS vs SA vs Jab jab shu shu train. How about flurry vs jabs two channeled spammables.

This is not about playstyles, this is about a class that is overperforming, too many abilities overperforming due to how overloaded they are, jabs is one of them.
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol this thread is hilarious 🤣 sums up every zos change that everyone ends up baffled by.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.