The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How do I play magden

ThePhantomThorn
ThePhantomThorn
✭✭✭✭
Title pretty much explains it. Just getting into magden and need some guidance.
Advice on surviving and burst combos
What heals should I use
What spammable is the best
And do I just do shalks and spammable for burst?
Also I use necropotence, alfiq, and bloodspawn.
Edited by ThePhantomThorn on October 22, 2019 6:31PM

Best Answer

• LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use Necro, Bright Throats and Bloodspawn with Spring Loaded Infusion.
    My back bar is Annulment, Blue Betty, Living Trellis, Crystalised Slab, Ice Fortress and Life Giver Ulti.
    My front bar is Crushing Shock, Flame Clench, Fetcher Infection, Bird of Prey, Inner Light and Northern Storm.

This setup works for me, I like Crushing for the interrupt and it can proc all 3 status effects, my heals are Trellis and Resto Ulti. With the loss of Shock Clench (stun ont he spot) i find Shalk will miss a lot.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

Answer ✓
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Change necropotence for julianos or false god´s. Use wall of elements combined with shalks for aoe burst. I wouldn´t use cliff as spammable, but stick to the destro staff skill line one, or use elemental weapon from psijic skill line. For self-healing, the first skill of your nature skill line (don´t remember the name right now, the one with mushrooms). Add some dots and you´ll be good, imo. Hope it helps.
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    LeHarrt91 wrote: »
    My back bar is Annulment, Blue Betty, Living Trellis, Crystalised Slab, Ice Fortress and Life Giver Ulti.
    My front bar is Crushing Shock, Flame Clench, Fetcher Infection, Bird of Prey, Inner Light and Northern Storm.

This setup works for me, I like Crushing for the interrupt and it can proc all 3 status effects, my heals are Trellis and Resto Ulti. With the loss of Shock Clench (stun ont he spot) i find Shalk will miss a lot.

is living trellis a good enough heal?
    and do you just shield and use it?
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LeHarrt91 wrote: »

is living trellis a good enough heal?
    and do you just shield and use it?

Living Trellis is an amazing heal, as you get healed whenever you take damage and it has a burst heal after it ends. And yes you get healed when your shield takes damage. Think of it as another buff to keep up.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Living Trellis can work decently well for a spammable heal, since the previous buff "expires" every time you refresh it with a new one. It won't counter high burst damage by itself, but it's very cheap and I used it extensively when I was actively playing Magicka Warden. That, combined with a pre-nerf "Spiderman Vine" and Tree Ultimate were generally the only heals I ran back then (from Morrowind early access until Elsweyr early access).

With back-barred Ice Staves losing a lot of their potency, and the heal on Regeneration finally being more than a fart in a hurricane, I think I'd try to fit Rapid Regeneration into the build somewhere if I were to go back to playing Magicka Warden. The "smart" targeting gets really irritating, but it's a very strong HOT now.

With Shock Clench/Reach no longer having a stun, and Flame Clench potentially knocking people out of the path of your Shalks (thus causing you to counter-play yourself sometimes), you're basically forced into being a Vampire. The stun itself is actually pretty good now, but the extra incoming fire damage is really harsh at times, and you need to be ready to quickly self-interrupt in many/most cases. A lot of the better players will be Johnny-on-the-spot with a bash (or Crushing Shock, etc...) if you try to keep the channel going.
    Change necropotence for julianos or false god´s. Use wall of elements combined with shalks for aoe burst. I wouldn´t use cliff as spammable, but stick to the destro staff skill line one, or use elemental weapon from psijic skill line. For self-healing, the first skill of your nature skill line (don´t remember the name right now, the one with mushrooms). Add some dots and you´ll be good, imo. Hope it helps.
    I'm afraid I have to disagree here. Necropotence is a solid set on Magicka Warden, and I wouldn't swap it out. Wall of Elements also isn't burst damage, though Wall of Frost used to be quite good for utility (and still isn't "terrible" or anything, but it's not what it once was). DOTs other than Fetcher Infection are also absolutely not worth using with the Dragonhold patch, which came out yesterday on PC. Even Fetcher Infection is really more of a debuff than a DOT now, since the gigantic damage nerfs.

I'll agree that the Cliff Racer is fairly bad as a spammable, especially since it just got both a damage nerf and cost increase, with the only compensation for Magicka being the ability to apply Off Balance against targets that are more than 7m away. While that's not "nothing," it's hard to gain much benefit on a Magicka build, especially if you always play no-CP like I do. There were really only two situations where I made much use of the Cliff Racer in the past; 1) during the early days of Morrowind, when it couldn't be dodged, and 2) when facing off against many DKs in Battlegrounds, back when Wings was ridiculous and would essentially hard-counter me otherwise.
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ThePhantomThorn - From another thread on Forum-

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/495389/mag-warden-no-cp-bg-gameplay-no-meta-skills

This is what i was running last patch and on this patch I've replaced Arctic Blast with Vamp Drain and Healing ward with Living Trellis. Rest is same and work fine for now. So far in this patch, build is still performing well.

Also, even though Birds do give off-balance but 10% Armour ignored from destro skills always wins for me as main spammable.
    Edited by UrbanMonk on October 23, 2019 5:58AM
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.