The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Download of ESO patch extraordinarily slow

upquark
upquark
✭✭
Does anyone else have this issue?

I'm running 10.15 on a Mac, but this happened in 10.14.x as well. Also, I'm on Steam, so the ESO launcher launches through the Steam app. Same launcher, just patched through Steam.

My Mbps (internet speed, aka Megabits/second) averages around 180 for downloads. However, when the ESO launcher is downloading an update, as it is now, the MBps (data downloading, not internet download speed) is around 23 (Megabytes/second referring to file size).

The patch size is around 60 GB. Taking days for it to download just seems illogical.

Is it Steam that slows this download so severely, or is it the launcher itself? It makes the game inaccessible for days at a time when these patches run.
  • ZOS_RikardD
    ZOS_RikardD
    admin
    @upquark

A download speed of 180 Mbps is equivalent to a download speed of 23 MBps(Megabytes) and it should take less than an hour to download 60 GB. If it is however downloading at 23 Mbps, it could take 5-6 hours.

If this is not your experience, please check out this article for more information on slow download speeds.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • upquark
    upquark
    ✭✭
    @upquark

A download speed of 180 Mbps is equivalent to a download speed of 23 MBps(Megabytes) and it should take less than an hour to download 60 GB. If it is however downloading at 23 Mbps, it could take 5-6 hours.

If this is not your experience, please check out this article for more information on slow download speeds.

Yes, that's why I specified as many people get confused. I, however, do not. Generally 60GB download for me averages around an hour or slightly less. I definitely know my MBps from my Mbps and am accustomed to extensive troubleshooting.

I was simply wondering if others were experiencing same and inquiring about possible variables like the launcher patch through Steam, etc.