The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

RIP Dizzying Swing 2013-2019

• Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new one is incredible because now no one tries to dodge/avoid it, so it lands every time and hits super hard and procs offbalance. Love it so far <3
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    Dearly beloved, let us all take a moment to pay our respects and mourn the loss of our oldest and dearest combat skill, Dizzying Swing (once known only as Wrecking Blow).

It will live in our memory as the most fun, adrenaline-pumping, vengeance-sealing, viscerally rewarding skill in the game.

No skill required greater risk to use and difficulty to land; yet no skill offered a greater reward.

The original Wrecking Blow was THE skill that made made me fall in love with ESO combat. It was THE skill that kept me running around Cyrodiil and Imperial City for hours on end, always hunting for the next foe to ragdoll with my mighty swing to quench the thirst of my hammer.

Even through the valleys of nerfs and when it could be bashed, I still loved using it.

But now friends, with the heaviest heart we lay it to rest. It may one day rise again, but the day of the Dragonhold release is the day that I banish it from all my builds.

May the combat gods one day return their blessings to thee, my dearest D-Swing. I thank you for your service and will forever long for a day when I can hear your sweet sweet thump again.

RIP Dizzying Swing (WB) 2013-2019.

I will be glad to not have a DS mean almost certain death for non-tanky players.
  • Rahar
    Rahar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good riddance!

Really, dswing as it was last patch was oppressive. I don't mean that it was oppressive to fight against -- the stun was by all means fine by itself, and the damage was on par with other hard hitting abilities, if not a bit more -- but the combination of the knockback and onslaught meant that it pushed all other options for stam classes out. Never have I seen stam builds stagnate so much than I did the last few patches.

Excited to see how the new one turns out.
    NeRf MaGsOrC