Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

RIP Dizzying Swing 2013-2019

Solariken
Solariken
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Dearly beloved, let us all take a moment to pay our respects and mourn the loss of our oldest and dearest combat skill, Dizzying Swing (once known only as Wrecking Blow).

It will live in our memory as the most fun, adrenaline-pumping, vengeance-sealing, viscerally rewarding skill in the game.

No skill required greater risk to use and difficulty to land; yet no skill offered a greater reward.

The original Wrecking Blow was THE skill that made made me fall in love with ESO combat. It was THE skill that kept me running around Cyrodiil and Imperial City for hours on end, always hunting for the next foe to ragdoll with my mighty swing to quench the thirst of my hammer.

Even through the valleys of nerfs and when it could be bashed, I still loved using it.

But now friends, with the heaviest heart we lay it to rest. It may one day rise again, but the day of the Dragonhold release is the day that I banish it from all my builds.

May the combat gods one day return their blessings to thee, my dearest D-Swing. I thank you for your service and will forever long for a day when I can hear your sweet sweet thump again.

RIP Dizzying Swing (WB) 2013-2019.
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And now his watch is ended.
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least now DS can finally rest. Returned to the sea where all life began. pnarSDZdj
    Edited by Fur_like_snow on September 22, 2019 3:22AM
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't understand why they can't make the changes on one morph and restore the OG Wrecking Blow with the knockback and longer cast time on the other morph. They are virtually killing the identity of the skill. Same as Poison Injection.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still got a few weeks of PTS to go. Stay strong.
  • MCBIZZLE300
    MCBIZZLE300
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    Dearly beloved, let us all take a moment to pay our respects and mourn the loss of our oldest and dearest combat skill, Dizzying Swing (once known only as Wrecking Blow).

It will live in our memory as the most fun, adrenaline-pumping, vengeance-sealing, viscerally rewarding skill in the game.

No skill required greater risk to use and difficulty to land; yet no skill offered a greater reward.

The original Wrecking Blow was THE skill that made made me fall in love with ESO combat. It was THE skill that kept me running around Cyrodiil and Imperial City for hours on end, always hunting for the next foe to ragdoll with my mighty swing to quench the thirst of my hammer.

Even through the valleys of nerfs and when it could be bashed, I still loved using it.

But now friends, with the heaviest heart we lay it to rest. It may one day rise again, but the day of the Dragonhold release is the day that I banish it from all my builds.

May the combat gods one day return their blessings to thee, my dearest D-Swing. I thank you for your service and will forever long for a day when I can hear your sweet sweet thump again.

Dont let D-swing die without a fight, it may be futile but atleast we tried.
  • Deep_01
    Deep_01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sigh... Please wait for dragonhold release.
    @Deepan on PC-EU
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    #Salute
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will miss the skill...I used it too
    I won't miss the spammers who could only press 2 button in a whole battle
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »

At least they looked cool doing it though :trollface:
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »

At least they looked cool doing it though :trollface:

I'm truly crap playing stamden but spamming Dizzy made me a God of PvP!!! lol ...kind of
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Deep_01 wrote: »
    Sigh... Please wait for dragonhold release.

You really think they'd pull a 180 with basically 1 more week to go? (Weeks 2 and 4 have historically been minor changes and bug fixes.)
  • LuxLunae
    LuxLunae
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You don't know any better, Dizzy was easy to land... OP and 1 one hit I win button...

You still have your stun with dizzy swing you just have to heavy attack now..
    If you are good, you would see the change is better not worse....
  • NuarBlack
    NuarBlack
    ✭✭✭✭
    LuxLunae wrote: »

You don't know any better, Dizzy was easy to land... OP and 1 one hit I win button...

The stun change was healthy. The damage nerf was unnecessary. Why can't incremental changes be made? Instead it's knee jerk nerfs and buffs drastically force shifting the meta. Now dizzy has lost its identity of being high risk high reward now that it's damage advantage is negligible.
  • Hyzock
    Hyzock
    ✭✭✭
    Rest in peace, old friend
    PC EU - Frank the Potato - Stam DK
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It's not better though. It wasn't a 1-hit win button either lol. Your agenda here is almost as strong as mine.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

giphy.gif

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wrecking Blow (re: Dizzy Swing) was the last bastion of us mediocre players taking on players better than us.

It was never a great skill with its metric ton of counters and playability issues, but it was the great equalizer. A completely mediocre player with a mediocre build could turn a fight around with 10% hp with a last stand DSwing wombo combo.

DSwing's retooling has removed the last great risk-reward action combat combo set-up the game offered. Sad times.
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Long time coming, super over budgeted skill with both great damage and a stun.

People depending on this skill and complaining about the nerf should stop being so crutch dependant and try to be a better player instead.
    EU PC
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vildebill wrote: »

People depending on this skill and complaining about the nerf should stop being so crutch dependant and try to be a better player instead.

My man nobody complained about D-Swing before the cast time reduction. We'll all be fine after the nerf, but that's not the point. I will be swapping to Javelin, which is a fine skill but doesn't look or feel nearly as cool.
  • Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My man nobody complained about D-Swing before the cast time reduction. We'll all be fine after the nerf, but that's not the point. I will be swapping to Javelin, which is a fine skill but doesn't look or feel nearly as cool.

You be swapping to javelin, a skill that does 3 times less damage. They are both fine but without the cool factor. Lol that's funny...
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Abyssmol wrote: »

You be swapping to javelin, a skill that does 3 times less damage. They are both fine but without the cool factor. Lol that's funny...

Not even sure what you're trying to say, Javelin is a hella strong skill, even moreso with the coming buff. For the record it's half the damage not including Burning Light, and it's obviously instant.
  • NegativeVibes
    NegativeVibes
    ✭✭✭
    my biggest concern is the stuns other stam classes that arent tempalr will have access to. For example, how am i supposed to use a cc like bone totem efficiently on a stam necro?
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    Wrecking Blow (re: Dizzy Swing) was the last bastion of us mediocre players taking on players better than us.

It was never a great skill with its metric ton of counters and playability issues, but it was the great equalizer. A completely mediocre player with a mediocre build could turn a fight around with 10% hp with a last stand DSwing wombo combo.

DSwing's retooling has removed the last great risk-reward action combat combo set-up the game offered. Sad times.

I guess all you guys have left now is to actually learn how to PVP and get good....

Bye Bye this here Dizzy Swing Guy,
    ZOS said see ya later alligator, to Dizzy spamming all night,
    Your build got nerfed, and you don't know why,
    This will be the day your build dies,
    This will be the day that you cry.
    Edited by Goregrinder on October 21, 2019 6:53PM
  • Lord_Sando
    Lord_Sando
    ✭✭✭
    my biggest concern is the stuns other stam classes that arent tempalr will have access to. For example, how am i supposed to use a cc like bone totem efficiently on a stam necro?

EXACTLY. But its ok Templar is fine.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread is what we call "pulling a Deltia".
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    🙁😢👋🏻 🌅 🌄 🌌
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »

You just said it wasn't a good skill and then said it was an equalizer? It can't be one and not the other.

It can't be weak but strong enough to make mediocre players on par with bad players?

Anyway if you know how to medium weave its fine, just go to light attack and hold it for a split second.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NuarBlack wrote: »

The stun change was healthy. The damage nerf was unnecessary. Why can't incremental changes be made? Instead it's knee jerk nerfs and buffs drastically force shifting the meta. Now dizzy has lost its identity of being high risk high reward now that it's damage advantage is negligible.

They changed the cast time from 1.1s to 0.8s yet kept the dmg of a 1.1s skill. The dmg nerf was needed but for some reason zos forgot to do it.

If they're going to make it a lot easier to land and for it to be spammed as quickly as any other skill in the game the dmg needed equalizing.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like 90% of stam builds used the dizzy combos. This will be interesting to see what skill becomes meta now.
    Edited by Dr_Ganknstein on October 22, 2019 4:07AM
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Icky wrote: »
    Like 90% of stam builds used the dizzy combos. This will be interesting to see what skill becomes meta now.
    I did one BG last night and still saw multiple people using Dizzying Swing as a spammable, and getting very high damage while doing so (at least on Stamina Warden and Stamina Templar). Most of the, "ahmagerd a nerf happened so Dizzying Swing is now totally dead!!!" stuff was really overblown. Some classes will obviously be more negatively affected than others, but it's still nothing like my Magicka Necromancer's Skeletal Mage now doing like ~600 damage (non-crit) once every 2 seconds.