The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

Stam Sorc dps parses

rafaelcsmaia
rafaelcsmaia
✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone got some for the last iteration? cant find em anywhere (2h + bow and dw + bow, heck even 2h + dw)
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Usually during PTS periods, there are parses everywhere. Forums, Reddit, all sorts of Discords.

Pretty telling that they're nowhere to be found outside of the occasional one in TRE these days.

Almost like the people who used to do all that parsing either moved on or can't be bothered to test the trash ZOS delivered this patch.
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    Usually during PTS periods, there are parses everywhere. Forums, Reddit, all sorts of Discords.

Pretty telling that they're nowhere to be found outside of the occasional one in TRE these days.

Almost like the people who used to do all that parsing either moved on or can't be bothered to test the trash ZOS delivered this patch.

I agree with you, either ppl moved on or are so burnt out from insane changes every week they decided to not test anymore.

Yet i gotta decide what to do with my main, maybe go back to the hard path of sorc tanking, oof
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What's there to look at at this point?

Dps is down, sustain is up which is exactly what ZoS are aiming for, for reasons they haven't bothered to explain.
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I agree with you, either ppl moved on or are so burnt out from insane changes every week they decided to not test anymore.

Yet i gotta decide what to do with my main, maybe go back to the hard path of sorc tanking, oof

Well you'll be happy to know that stamsorc looks solid this patch ... relatively speaking. The highest parse I think I've seen was just under 93k, so just a bit behind the best stamnecro parses I've seen. Of course that's still like a 10-15k DPS loss from Live, but much better than most.

2H seems preferable to DW as well on stamsorcs. Reverse Slice/Executioner is much easier to sustain than Whirling Blades, and Wrecking Blow is just a better spammable than Rapid Strikes right now (because of Empower and because it allows you to focus CP in Master-at-Arms).

Setup is generally 5 x Rele, 5 x Lokke, 2 x Maw of the Infernal/Maarselok or 1 x Kra'gh / 1 x Slimecraw/Grundwulf.

2H: Wrecking Bro, Barbed Trap, Executioner, Clannfear, Bound Armaments. Dawnbreaker.
    Bow: Endless Hail, Poison Injection, Hurricane, Clannfear, Bound Armaments. Storm Atro.

I've also hit some solid parses (85k+) with bow/bow setups, using a variety of configurations.
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2H: Wrecking Bro, Barbed Trap, Executioner, Clannfear, Bound Armaments. Dawnbreaker.
    Bow: Endless Hail, Poison Injection, Hurricane, Clannfear, Bound Armaments. Storm Atro.
    soooo... players who want to chage their pet sorc to stam sorc for new update will get.... PET SORC ? Awesome :D
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    The Clannfear is good for the target dummy, but it dies to a mudcrab, it will be useless in "real" content. Ppl use it on the target dummy to get an extra 2,2k dps, because slotting more DOTs would be a DPS loss.

93k 2h dps setup was highest I have seen but it is with Clannfear + Deadroth Monster Set + bashing. 2H is defo stronger on a Stamsorc though, as long as you can hit 80k-85k should be gucci anyway.
    Edited by Alcast on October 18, 2019 8:39AM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've also hit some solid parses (85k+) with bow/bow setups, using a variety of configurations.

May I ask for further hints? I've really been struggling with bow.
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pet pars are the most in accurate parse of history of parses. Nobody will use the pet in its cirrent state outside of dummy parses
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    The Clannfear is good for the target dummy, but it dies to a mudcrab, it will be useless in "real" content. Ppl use it on the target dummy to get an extra 2,2k dps, because slotting more DOTs would be a DPS loss.

93k 2h dps setup was highest I have seen but it is with Clannfear + Deadroth Monster Set + bashing. 2H is defo stronger on a Stamsorc though, as long as you can hit 80k-85k should be gucci anyway.

@Alcast Where do you usually see those parses? Is there a discord where ppl share those? The one i had is basically dead rn
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Elwendryll wrote: »

Either vMA bow backbar + BRP bow frontbar or BRP bow backbar + Asylum bow frontbar.

I would assume you could probably get similar results with vMA + Master bow, or with vMA/Master backbar and then a 5-piece bow frontbar using a monster set (probably Maw of the Infernal, 2 1-piece monster sets).

The BRP/vAS bow setup is really interesting, although I'm not sure how practical it really is. The rotation is painful because both bows are a bit limited ... you can't swap off the triggering ability or it doesn't register the bonus.

The setup I've had the best luck with is ...

5 x Rele (body), 5 x Lokke (jewels + head/shoulders), BRP bow backbar (Infused), vAS bow frontbar (sharpened)

Front: Lethal Arrow, Acid Spray, Channeled Acceleration, Clannfear, Bound Armaments. Dawnbreaker.
    Back: Endless Hail, Magnum Shot, Consuming Trap, Clannfear, Bound Armaments. Storm Atro.

Rotation is something like ...

0. Hail, Magnum Shot, Consuming Trap, swap

1. Bound Armaments, Acid Spray, Snipe x 4, Acid Spray, Bound Armaments, swap

2. Magnum Shot, Consuming Trap, Hail, swap

Repeat from 1.

More or less. It's a little tricky. Probably not a practical setup for a number of reasons but it's interesting. Done correctly and with good crits on Magnum Shot, you can get ~10k DPS out of Virulent Shot, making it probably the strongest DoT in the game. And, depending on exactly how you set it up and how the parse plays out, you can get Snipe to hit for ~120k, which is about as hard as Executioner/Killer's Blade hit.
    Edited by LiquidPony on October 18, 2019 3:37PM
  • Schattenfluegel
    Schattenfluegel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have someone tried to find an alternative skill for that damn dino? I wont play with crappy pets on my stamsorc and at least, i know its free dmg. But 2k are not very high, i could go 8k with silverbolt/shard (that spamskill, not the chains) by casting it one time. :(

Talking about Raidcontent, not Dummycontent ;)
    Edited by Schattenfluegel on October 19, 2019 7:25AM
    Love my Stamsorc
  • SaucyMcSauceface
    SaucyMcSauceface
    ✭✭✭✭

@Alcast Where do you usually see those parses? Is there a discord where ppl share those? The one i had is basically dead rn

Alcast has a stamsorc 2h build for dragonhold up.

youtube.com/watch?v=fZZw1F3KeuM&t=511s
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative

There is a few parses on https://discord.gg/YZz2K6https://discord.gg/YZz2K6 if you want to join.
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Either vMA bow backbar + BRP bow frontbar or BRP bow backbar + Asylum bow frontbar.

I would assume you could probably get similar results with vMA + Master bow, or with vMA/Master backbar and then a 5-piece bow frontbar using a monster set (probably Maw of the Infernal, 2 1-piece monster sets).

The BRP/vAS bow setup is really interesting, although I'm not sure how practical it really is. The rotation is painful because both bows are a bit limited ... you can't swap off the triggering ability or it doesn't register the bonus.

5 x Rele (body), 5 x Lokke (jewels + head/shoulders), BRP bow backbar (Infused), vAS bow frontbar (sharpened)

Front: Lethal Arrow, Acid Spray, Channeled Acceleration, Clannfear, Bound Armaments. Dawnbreaker.
    Back: Endless Hail, Magnum Shot, Consuming Trap, Clannfear, Bound Armaments. Storm Atro.

Repeat from 1.

More or less. It's a little tricky. Probably not a practical setup for a number of reasons but it's interesting. Done correctly and with good crits on Magnum Shot, you can get ~10k DPS out of Virulent Shot, making it probably the strongest DoT in the game. And, depending on exactly how you set it up and how the parse plays out, you can get Snipe to hit for ~120k, which is about as hard as Executioner/Killer's Blade hit.

Ok, I tried the AS/BRP combo on week 1 of PTS, I was hunting for DoTs based on direct damage, and I could get 7k dps from Virulent shot, it was looking like the best DoT, but...

1) The rotation needs to be executed at a specific and precise distance. It's better now that they reduced the distance limitation of BRP bow, but still. Being in melee changes the duration of the DoT.

2) The application itself is clunky, you have to wait for what feels forever for the DoT to apply. I messed up a few times.

I tried almost the same setup (Except I used the physical morph of snipe, trap wasn't worth running and bound armaments did less damage than a snipe...) on week one, and had disappointing results. I guess I could practice more, but it felt at the time that it was going to be very limited in actual combat situation because of this DoT duration change depending on distance.

Thanks for your answer. I'll just put more time into practicing, it looks like it's the limiting factor.
    Edited by Elwendryll on October 19, 2019 11:42AM
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • satanio
    satanio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Finally, Maw is accepted as top stam set. It took 2 patches, but better sooner than later.
    Enjoy.
    Current public stam parses on Iron Atro so far (esologs)
    DW&Bow
    DW&2H
    2H&Bow
    Bow&Bow

Current public mag parses on Iron Atro (esologs)
    (non cheese)
    ESOLEAKS CASUALTIES:
    Checkmath
    Tasear
    RIP
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    satanio wrote: »
    Finally, Maw is accepted as top stam set. It took 2 patches, but better sooner than later.
    Enjoy.

Tanks will love it :trollface:
  • Alidel
    Alidel
    ✭✭✭✭
    satanio wrote: »
    Enjoy.

I just imagine frustration all the tanks will get now from dozens of daedroths running loose
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Repeat from 1.

Ok, I tried the AS/BRP combo on week 1 of PTS, I was hunting for DoTs based on direct damage, and I could get 7k dps from Virulent shot, it was looking like the best DoT, but...

1) The rotation needs to be executed at a specific and precise distance. It's better now that they reduced the distance limitation of BRP bow, but still. Being in melee changes the duration of the DoT.

2) The application itself is clunky, you have to wait for what feels forever for the DoT to apply. I messed up a few times.

I tried almost the same setup (Except I used the physical morph of snipe, trap wasn't worth running and bound armaments did less damage than a snipe...) on week one, and had disappointing results. I guess I could practice more, but it felt at the time that it was going to be very limited in actual combat situation because of this DoT duration change depending on distance.

Thanks for your answer. I'll just put more time into practicing, it looks like it's the limiting factor.

@Elwendryll

The reason Bound Armaments and Consuming Trap are used in the rotation is in part because of your point #2. I set up the rotation so that I always had something else to cast after Magnum Shot/Acid Spray but before swapping (and it can't be Snipe or Poison Injection on the vAS bow bar because those consume the buff).

They're also there for sustain. Bound Armaments may not hit as hard as Snipe but it still does a ton of damage, it's much cheaper, and it's instant cast. Consuming Trap isn't great either but I needed something to cast there and it uses the off resource pool. I tried running Poison Injection backbar instead, and while the damage was better, I couldn't sustain it.
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is a few parses on https://discord.gg/YZz2K6https://discord.gg/YZz2K6 if you want to join.

@Alcast the invite expired when I tried it yesterday