The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Molten Armaments is now bugged for lightning and resto staves, again.

Arcanasx
Arcanasx
✭✭✭✭✭
0l4ya11r46p5.png
jlrwmvw57a3s.png

(Do take into account the small increase in damage that the Major Sorcery buff brings when you cast Molten Armaments, should be slightly more than a 50% increase to damage).

All the other weapon types work with it, including the dual wield off hand portion which was bugged earlier in the PTS and later fixed but it now seems lightning and restoration staves are bugged again (although the last tick of lightning staves seems to work). I could have sworn all weapon types used to work with molten armaments before. I'm really hoping you are able to make molten armaments work properly for all weapon types without breaking the dual wield off hand heavy attacks again when you try to fix this.

This was all done with no cp invested, only skill points are put into molten armaments, with gold 160cp weapons with nirnhoned trait.

I'm wondering if the fix to this would be to just remove the "fully-charged" heavy attack requirement and simply make it work on heavy attacks.
Edited by Arcanasx on October 17, 2019 12:11AM
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this bug goes live, it's a real problem.
  • Austinseph1
    Austinseph1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m pretty sure it’s only intended for the last tick, it being for “fully charged heavy attacks”. The only way to prove this would be a comment from a dev tho, it’s been a “bug” for long enough that it could go either way.
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can almost understand it only applying to the last tick of Restoration Staff damage, since they're not really intended to do damage anyway (although that's still different from what the tooltip says). For Lightning staffs though, it does not make sense for only the last tick to get a 50% buff when Inferno and Ice staffs get a 50% buff to the entire heavy attack. The last tick should be getting an approximately 150% buff so that the total damage of the heavy attack is buffed 50%.
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We can never have nice things
  • Arcanasx
    Arcanasx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m pretty sure it’s only intended for the last tick, it being for “fully charged heavy attacks”. The only way to prove this would be a comment from a dev tho, it’s been a “bug” for long enough that it could go either way.
    I can almost understand it only applying to the last tick of Restoration Staff damage, since they're not really intended to do damage anyway (although that's still different from what the tooltip says). For Lightning staffs though, it does not make sense for only the last tick to get a 50% buff when Inferno and Ice staffs get a 50% buff to the entire heavy attack. The last tick should be getting an approximately 150% buff so that the total damage of the heavy attack is buffed 50%.

All ticks were working for the lightning and resto staves earlier in the PTS. And it all used to work before, then I think it became bugged for the channeled ticks later on when they changed it to "fully charged attacks" for whatever reason.
  • Austinseph1
    Austinseph1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arcanasx wrote: »

All ticks were working for the lightning and resto staves earlier in the PTS. And it all used to work before, then I think it became bugged for the channeled ticks later on when they changed it to "fully charged attacks" for whatever reason.

Sometimes you just have to accept that in TES games, a bug is the same as a feature.
  • MyPrist
    MyPrist
    ✭✭✭
    Dear members.

I want to tell you some thing.
    What is heavy attack:
    It is attack from start ( begining ) to End - all this, if it ends without unpress button is heavy attack.

Some heavy attacks have more than one tick.

For example restro, destro, dual weilds.
    All this ticks together is one attack called heavy attack

This have first tick, last tick and middle ticks.

Just as example for dual weild they buff all 2 ticks, becouse if they buff only last - buff will give +25% damage, not 50%.

The only simple way to buff this attack on 50% is buff all ticks or give the last hit all the damage from hits before - but it will be overpowered, so they just buff all the hits on 50% value.

It is no and never was info that skill buff only last hit - read it. It buff all heavy attack. Not only last tick.

And this is unique DK self buff. Like templar and necro have on 40%+ to light attacks and etc.

DK have not got attack passives. As for example necromancer. He have 3 passives like 1500 penetration, +15 % dot damage.

And + crit on execute.

He have skills that empower 3% damage if it is just in slot.

Now just look what is heavy lightning attack:

3 ticks that calculate like underect damage(dot) + 1 hit that is direct damage.

So necromancer have 3*15% add to heavy attacks from lightning staff just from 1 passive !!!

And he have 2 more.

DK with buged moltan armament empower only last tick niw have 3*(X+0) + 1*(Y+50%).

Yes last hit is a little more hiting, but it does not metter , becouse all heavyattack build get there damage base on constant add to heavy attack, that they try to empower.

So it is empowered on 45% on necr with no need to cast any skills just from 1 passive and he have 3 like that, and they focus on empower all skills not just heavy attack.

DK have only 1 skill that empower Only heavy attack, it is his unique skill.

And now it gives less than necro passives, becouse skill is buged.

On restro stuff it just gives 0!!!

So necro gives 15% more from just 1 passive, and he have 3 like that, and they work not only on heavy attack, like moltan armaments does.

Is it normal for you?
    Edited by MyPrist on October 22, 2019 7:39AM