The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Wait time on logins to same account

SaucyMcSauceface
SaucyMcSauceface
✭✭✭✭
The latest PTS patch notes have this included:

3m8vkx8rjviv.png
General
Added a 30 second wait time between logins from the same account to fix a variety of data corruption issues that could affect characters. If you try to log into the same account within the 30 second window, you will receive an error message stating the account is already in use.
Note: This will not have any impact on swapping characters.

My issue with this, as I read it, is that the only time that you would try to log back in within 30 seconds on the same character is when the game has kicked you for no reason while in a Trial or such. This change means that rather than being able to log straight back in, we will now enforce a delay on the whole group every time someone gets kicked by the game.
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My issue with this, as I read it, is that the only time that you would try to log back in within 30 seconds on the same character is when the game has kicked you for no reason while in a Trial or such. This change means that rather than being able to log straight back in, we will now enforce a delay on the whole group every time someone gets kicked by the game.
    In my experience, when I get disconnected (kicked) in PvP, there was already a "built in delay" of much more than 30 seconds, because trying to log back in resulted in a "this account is already logged in" error.
    This has been the case for as long as I can remember.

So I laugh and poke fun at the 30 second timer, because it changes absolutely nothing for me.
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Major_Lag wrote: »
    In my experience, when I get disconnected (kicked) in PvP, there was already a "built in delay" of much more than 30 seconds, because trying to log back in resulted in a "this account is already logged in" error.
    This has been the case for as long as I can remember.

So I laugh and poke fun at the 30 second timer, because it changes absolutely nothing for me.

Get this sames bs always takes 2 times to get back in never just once and i usually go make a glass of tea or take a *** when I get kicked so I know that's longer than 30 seconds
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was confused by this, too, since it already happens. On XB, it takes far longer than 30 seconds to start up the game again after being booted and getting to the log-in screen. I always get the error message "this account is already logged in" so I'm not sure that anything will change for me.

Unless they're just trying to give an explanation for something that's already a feature.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The delay when your client crashes is the game thinks you are still logged in. Your friends probaly still see your character and this is common with many MMORPGs when the client crashes.

What will be interesting is if this 30 second timer starts when you log out or when you log in. If it starts when you log out it will add another 30 seconds to that wait when the client crashes making it even more frustrating.

When I get home in a bit I will test this on the PTS. Good catch OP as stuff like this I do not look at.
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    The delay when your client crashes (...)

It's important to distinguish 2 different states here:
    1. Client crashes, server still thinks you're logged in (typical client CTD scenario)
    2. Client does NOT crash, you get disconnected by the server (and the client still thinks you're logged in!)

No. 2 is the typical PvP disconnect scenario.
    I've only had the ESO client actually crash maybe 3 or 4 times so far, and that was always in PvE.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they do this, then they really need to fix the infinite loading screen problem. After waiting a long time for the loading screen to never resolve, having to wait an additional 30 seconds is rather insulting.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus