The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Please Buff/Fix Paid MagNecro

MizoreReyes
MizoreReyes
✭✭✭
Everything about it sounds cool but its so limited. My take on Magicka Necromancer SOLO play.[/i]

1.Our heals are too slow and lackluster.

Restoring tether is bad. I could use radiating regeneration and provide more for the team in terms of heals. Also it isn't limited by a stupid corpse system. So it doesn't cost anything itself to cast but in order to consume a corpse you need to cast an ability that does leave corpse and that costs magicka but is also a 2 step process to heal. NO one has the time.

Render Flesh is alright. Its a burst heal comparable to Templar's Rushed Ceremony. Our's punishes the user with minor defile (reduction in healing received by 15% and health recovery by 15% whereas Templar's Rushed Ceremony is only 200 magicka more.
There is a morph to heal another teammate but that requires a corpse or the morph that gives resistances to the target healed by the amount of heals received by it. Not bad.

2. The damage is horrendously lackluster.

Our somewhat spammable is flame skull but the base damage doesn't even compare to others... It gets a stupid 20% boost in damage every third cast.

Where has skills that have effects whenever we reach a certain # of casts have gotten us to? We get skills like the infamous poopfist.

Do we even have significant DoT skills in our class skill line because like we have that class passive that increases DoT damage. I'm excluding the soul trap and entropy from this because they're getting nerfed anyways. I do see StamNecros utilizing this passive and they're currently the best in dummy dps.

Our burst damage abilities are Frozen Colossus, Boneyard (if they use the synergy) and Blast Bones.
Frozen Colossus is great in group play, its fine.
Boneyard can burst "if" an ally activates it's synergy. (Theres are morph where you can activate the synergy but you'd lose the special effects of major fracture, and major breach that comes along with it.)
Blastbones contemplates about life and kills itself when it can't find the enemy. When it does chase the enemy, it takes it's damn time to the point I could have had breakfast. Somewhat good for that extra 10% damage every sec up to 50% whenever it chases the enemy. This is very inconsistent, probably bad for pve if you're not casting at a far range.

We can't focus on one elemental magic damage because we have all types and it just doesn't work well. (Even using Succession gear set doesn't compliment the skills)
We have a pet Skeletal Mage that does pew pew damage at our enemies. Uh thats all.

3. A bunch of useless skills for end game content in PVP and PVE.
-Shocking Siphon (requires a corpse, shock damage, & can't use multiple at a time)
-Death Scythe (Situational because need a crowd to heal for a lot)
-Bitter Harvest (Bump the duration and/or ulti gain please)
-Reanimate Ulti (Situational, you need a dead teammate and it cost you about 350 ulti. Nice.)

4. When going Magicka Necromancer, you obviously would play in light armour. Light armour will make the player squishy. Therefore, Magicka Necromancer is squishy.

Well we can get a 10% damage reduction from ghost pet yay but is that enough?

5. Why are the skills so expensive?
I'm wearing 5 light (10% magicka reduction) + Breton (7% magicka Reduction) + Worm's Raiment Set (4% magicka reduction) + Expunge skill slotted (3% cost reduction for all abilities)

I'm rocking 2448 magicka recovery and I still feel the effects of sustain.

6. Are we in the same situation as MagDK on mobility? Maybe give us something to disengage a fight? We're long range but once an enemy get to us we just uhhhhhhhhh we hide behind our bone totem and hope for that teammate to save us.
Light armour which means less stamina. Less stamina means easy to cc and chase you.

7. Untargetable pets
Both good and bad. Same situation as Werewolf Pack Leader morph utility pets. They can't take damage for you like a Sorc pet can, however Blastbones can and it's our burst damage skill???
So the double edge sword effects are:

The enemy can't kill your pets
But your pets also can't die and leave a corpse for you when killed by an enemy, or become meat shield for you.

• Austinseph1
    Austinseph1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can’t sustain on it now you will probably want to quit after next patch.. sustain is getting a lot worse. I can tell you are misunderstanding the use of some basic mechanics, if you are just starting out I would recommend trying a Sorc for a while first, they are the easiest class to play with and get a better feel of the game with. I can sustain a 3 mil target dummy on my magnecro and has like... 1k mag recovery and I’m using blue max stat food with no recovery and no raid/sustain sets.. it sounds like something is off with how you are using the class.
  • Vig0rz
    Vig0rz
    ✭✭
    Necro in general has a lot of skills that look good on paper, but don't reach there full potential. Their dots and HOTS feel very lack luster compared to other skills. I ended up dropping the heal siphon skill because it was under preforming compared to mutagen. The only skills really worth running are buff skills and blastbone. The spammable feels clunky and horrible compared to other skills, blastbone is unreliable, and the boneyard synergy requires a build that revolves around harmony. Necro needs a bit of love before it can be a reliable class.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Slow heals huh? Sounds like a magblade
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • MizoreReyes
    MizoreReyes
    ✭✭✭
    If you can’t sustain on it now you will probably want to quit after next patch.. sustain is getting a lot worse. I can tell you are misunderstanding the use of some basic mechanics, if you are just starting out I would recommend trying a Sorc for a while first, they are the easiest class to play with and get a better feel of the game with. I can sustain a 3 mil target dummy on my magnecro and has like... 1k mag recovery and I’m using blue max stat food with no recovery and no raid/sustain sets.. it sounds like something is off with how you are using the class.

I already knew about sorc's amazing sustain and burst damage. Not going to join the bandwagon on overused classes. Deviating this away from Sorc because its a meme class.

I'm not going to abandon a class I invested time, gold, and actual money on. Its my third alternative character [MagDK, StamBlade(Werewolf)->Magblade(Vampire), & now MagNecro] and using clockwork citrus fillet because I'm $$$ in gold (not really). I'm also not really struggling on sustain as much since I clearly tried to make it bearable but if I didn't bother to accommodate the sustain issue I would definitely see large impacts compared to other classes. Yeah most people can deal with the 3 million dummy since its a perfect situation.
  • pharlex
    pharlex
    Ok well the sustain thing isnt an issue really if you do it right but the problem comes with having to rely on the blast bones to cast half the damage abilities (siphon and boneyard require it for damage) the blast bones being stupid doesnt help and it makes running your rotation at different ranges awkward because of the time to get a corpse.

These are the main reasons i have suggested in other threads that we have other abilities spawn corpses instead of blast bones and your other summons which place the corpses in semi awkward locations and usless locations in terms of long range damage.

I like the idea of abilities that spawn corpses over time like maybe boneyard and bone totem, or abilities that spawn corpses immediately like grave grasp and the skulls.

And another thing i hate how the class feels unfinished with it being half the abilities use corpses or spawn corpses and the other half dont have anything to do with the corpse mechanic.

They shouldve went all in if its going to be the classes identity to use corpses and allow for more corpses to be created via spammables or over time spawning from ground based dots. And have the rest of the abilities use and utilize the corpses to make the abilities stronger.
  • GoodFella146
    GoodFella146
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worst class in the game by far
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Worst class in the game by far

Zos followed the Warden recipe with the Magden and Magnecro sadly.
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Can't do heavy attacks? It's either sustain naturally or quit? O.o the whiny culture strikes again...
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not going to join the bandwagon on overused classes.

how noble of you.