The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

"new" Bound Armaments???

Joxer61
Joxer61
✭✭✭✭✭
Question was asked about Wardens bugs and if they any good...worthwhile, so I will ask the same of Bound Armaments.
Anyone tried and tested and if so, thoughts?
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Haven't checked armaments with the new sound they added, but they didn't address any of the crappyness from the last patch so I'm confident that it still looks and works like crap.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I tested it a bit as a magsorc. It looks like any kind of light attack builds stacks including Symbiosis. No idea if there’s a way to take advantage of that, too new to sorc.

I’m tempted to try a pelinal tanky No-CP magsorc using onslaught. Pelinal + bright throat + x monster, 5m-2L 3x weapon damage glyphs.
    Edited by Iskiab on October 18, 2019 2:15PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    I tested it a bit as a magsorc. It looks like any kind of light attack builds stacks including Symbiosis. No idea if there’s a way to take advantage of that, too new to sorc.

I’m tempted to try a pelinal tanky No-CP magsorc using onslaught. Pelinal + bright throat + x monster, 5m-2L 3x weapon damage glyphs.

Interesting. I have one with Necropotence but she's SB. With pets nerfed I think it's time to go for a different set, so BTB seems quite good
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's pretty strong. Roughly equivalent to Relentless Focus on a stamblade; doesn't burst quite as hard but takes fewer LAs to proc.

It does about 7-10k DPS on a raid dummy parse depending on how exactly you use it.

Quite nice for bow/bow setups as well.
  • Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    It's pretty strong. Roughly equivalent to Relentless Focus on a stamblade; doesn't burst quite as hard but takes fewer LAs to proc.

It does about 7-10k DPS on a raid dummy parse depending on how exactly you use it.

Quite nice for bow/bow setups as well.

well that's good to hear but now the kicker...how does it "feel"? fit into a rotation pretty smooth and all that? Im keen to have more Sorc skills because otherwise we are all just weapon wielding pixels with little class ident. ;)
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

Interesting. I have one with Necropotence but she's SB. With pets nerfed I think it's time to go for a different set, so BTB seems quite good

Tried it and it looks terrible. Glassy and bad sustain. Pelinals lets you get higher spell power then you could normally get with a destro staff, but doesn't look like it'd work on a sorc to me. I tried something similar as a magblade and it did work but sorc's missing cloak.

I missed the range on bound armaments and it has good range, think bound will mainly be used by stamsorcs. Streak will be a nice kiting tool. Here's the spec, not very good, better to be a straight stamsorc bow build I think:

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=185050

When I tried it on a magblade it worked but only in no-CP. CP points steer you towards either mag or stam so hybrids have a lot harder time.
    Edited by Iskiab on October 18, 2019 4:11PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Tried it and it looks terrible. Glassy and bad sustain. Pelinals lets you get higher spell power then you could normally get with a destro staff, but doesn't look like it'd work on a sorc to me. I tried something similar as a magblade and it did work but sorc's missing cloak.

I missed the range on bound armaments and it has good range, think bound will mainly be used by stamsorcs. Streak will be a nice kiting tool. Here's the spec, not very good, better to be a straight stamsorc bow build I think:

When I tried it on a magblade it worked but only in no-CP. CP points steer you towards either mag or stam so hybrids have a lot harder time.

Maybe changing wrath for ele weapon could help, then you have to figure out the rotation. Using armaments as some kind of execute seems to be a better choice
    Edited by Xvorg on October 18, 2019 5:43PM
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Maybe changing wrath for ele weapon could help, then you have to figure out the rotation. Using armaments as some kind of execute seems to be a better choice

Yea IDK. While kiting you could wrath spam hoping for a frag proc. Frags hard casted is basicly the same thing as snipe. I've never really played a bow build in pvp so am not sure what it needs, played a bit more with it but it might still suck. I think minor and major expedition would be good.

Spec also lacks pen, something onslaught solves that a bow build will struggle with.
    Edited by Iskiab on October 18, 2019 5:58PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair