The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

Stamcros still out-performing every other class

TheZachinator
TheZachinator
✭✭✭
Title. There's still literally no reason to not stack raids full of stamcros. The major vuln nerf was a solid step in the right direction, but then buffing basically the rest of their skills kind of overrode that.
PC/NA

Magsorc Immortal Redeemer & Gryphon Heart
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    On the flipside the up to 10sec major vuln is going to be a blast to play aganist in pvp xD
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Unfortunately Necromancers suffer from the same problem as Wardens did which is you can't buff Magcro to viability without making Stamcro OP, or at least ZOS can't. Stamina is doing better than magicka because stamina can rely on weapon skill lines to make up for blah damage from class skills whereas magicka only has class skills and a few from destro.

Again I will say tho that I think the Necro ults hide how below average this class really is.
  • Jarrods32
    Jarrods32
    ✭✭✭
    From a pve standpoint what is dps numbers looking like on stamcro in 5.2.3
  • Austinseph1
    Austinseph1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing will be able to compete with the effectiveness of Major Vuln while it exists from only 1 source in the game. But hey it sells the chapter doesn't it. Its definitely a case of "Yeah you could use another composition but why bother?". No class benefit will compete with what necro can bring to the table even with a cooldown because it also destroys trash pulls, something just as time consuming as bosses. There wont be any hurry to balance it until the next class is introduced and needs to overshadow what is currently in game.
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »
    Unfortunately Necromancers suffer from the same problem as Wardens did which is you can't buff Magcro to viability without making Stamcro OP, or at least ZOS can't. Stamina is doing better than magicka because stamina can rely on weapon skill lines to make up for blah damage from class skills whereas magicka only has class skills and a few from destro.

Again I will say tho that I think the Necro ults hide how below average this class really is.

The last sentence is not true. I've seen PTS stamnecro parses using Ballista (since beyond ~3 stamnecros you'll want to use some other ulti on bosses) around 91k, which is higher than I've seen any other stam build parse.
    Jarrods32 wrote: »

Highest I've seen so far is about 93.5k.
  • Jarrods32
    Jarrods32
    ✭✭✭
    U got a link to that 93k parse?
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »

o.O 2 hander?
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Math time:

Colossus ult price: 225
    Basic ult gain(no corpse consumption): 3 ult/s minimum
    Corpse consumption ult gain: 5/16 = .3125 ult/s maximum
    total maximum time to gain ult: 225/3 = 75 Secs
    Total perfect uptime with basic necro kit: 225/3.125 72 secs minimum
    Therefore #of necros needed for perfect uptime: 20*X = 75 secs = 3.75 necros aka 4 necros for more than enough uptime. There is a standard 8 DPS in a group.

What does 4 necros bring to the group?

8/20 = 40% uptime

.6(100% damage output) + .4(130% damage output(assumptions are made for ease of calculation) = 12% damage boost max.

Anymore necro in group you will most likely receive a loss because of standard necro dps is dependent on major vulnerability...

Is my math right? IDK but it shows regardless of approximations I made that the full necro stack is dead... Just a half stack lol.

Edited by Onefrkncrzypope on October 10, 2019 8:11PM
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

If I edited a post, it was for spelling. It is always because of spelling....
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

o.O 2 hander?

Wrecking Blow is probably the best spammable this patch and Executioner/Reverse Slice is much cheaper than Whirling Blades.

Rending Slashes is trash so no loss missing that.
  • Jarrods32
    Jarrods32
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks so 2hander??
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Math time:

Therefore #of necros needed for perfect uptime: 20*X = 75 secs = 3.75 necros aka 4 necros for more than enough uptime. There is a standard 8 DPS in a group.

8/20 = 40% uptime

.6(100% damage output) + .4(130% damage output(assumptions are made for ease of calculation) = 12% damage boost max.

Anymore necro in group you will most likely receive a loss because of standard necro dps is dependent on major vulnerability...

Is my math right? IDK but it shows regardless of approximations I made that the full necro stack is dead... Just a half stack lol.

Necro DPS is not totally dependent on Major Vulnerability.

But I would say that beyond the 3/4 necros necessary to keep max Major Vulnerability uptime, you'd probably want ... 1 stamDK for the stagger stacks, and then I guess 3 stamsorcs for the Major Berserk? Given that you have NB/DK/Warden supports that is.

But this doesn't consider trash pull DPS.

For something like vSS, it still may be optimal to run basically an all stamcro group (maybe 1 stamDK for the Stagger) because you'll alternate through Colossus ultis in trash pulls. Given that stamcros do competitive DPS with some other ulti (and they do).
    Edited by LiquidPony on October 10, 2019 8:13PM
  • Aerenel
    Aerenel
    ✭✭✭
    From what ive heard, without major vuln, stamcro is parsing 90k, tied with stamsorc and magsorc for top dps next patch.

Definitely not below average.
  • Azyle1
    Azyle1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be curious to see how sWarden Holdd up to sCro.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

o.O 2 hander?

Wrecking Blow spammable, yes.

but damn that 100% Aggresive Horn???
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well
    You need 1 mag dk dps for flames if you group composition is to contain any mag.
    Templar is a very strong dd. Maybe not as strong but it’s up there.
    With the sustain nerfs we could be seeing more heavy attack sorcs in raids.
    And necrowise: major vulnerability has a cooldown. Soo a max of maybe 4 necros should be able to keep up the vulnerability with good uptime. Too many will be useless.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »

The last sentence is not true. I've seen PTS stamnecro parses using Ballista (since beyond ~3 stamnecros you'll want to use some other ulti on bosses) around 91k, which is higher than I've seen any other stam build parse.
    Jarrods32 wrote: »

Highest I've seen so far is about 93.5k.

Very true but that is also stamina which, like I mentioned, is going to do better since they can benefit from more weapon skill lines so that makes up for lack of good class damage. Like I said it'll be hard to balance the two since stamina in general is just better in some ways and has been for a while. Stamcros might be strong for quite some time while Magcros will be meh... just like wardens were.
    Edited by OtarTheMad on October 16, 2019 6:29AM
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In pvp not.
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »

o.O 2 hander?

Wrecking Blow spammable, yes.

but damn that 100% Aggresive Horn???

... it's a raid dummy parse. You always have 100% uptimes.
    Azyle1 wrote: »
    I would be curious to see how sWarden Holdd up to sCro.

Stamden looks pretty terrible, lowest stam parses I've seen.
  • BooPerScOOper
    BooPerScOOper
    ✭✭✭
    Stibbons wrote: »
    In pvp not.

This isn't about PVP....
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In pvp not.

This isn't about PVP....

But PvP must be considered
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    In pvp not.

This isn't about PVP....

In pvp not.

This isn't about PVP....

No.
    What part of the raid group composition has anything to do with pvp?

This thread is obviously specified to raid groups and dps.

Read through.
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah, nerf pet sorcerers instead.
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Math time:

8/20 = 40% uptime

Necro DPS is not totally dependent on Major Vulnerability.

But I would say that beyond the 3/4 necros necessary to keep max Major Vulnerability uptime, you'd probably want ... 1 stamDK for the stagger stacks, and then I guess 3 stamsorcs for the Major Berserk? Given that you have NB/DK/Warden supports that is.

But this doesn't consider trash pull DPS.

For something like vSS, it still may be optimal to run basically an all stamcro group (maybe 1 stamDK for the Stagger) because you'll alternate through Colossus ultis in trash pulls. Given that stamcros do competitive DPS with some other ulti (and they do).

Sorry, I was meaning dependent as top contender for group spot. After the complete uptime, a group would be more inclined to run a different class. Just like you perfectly explained.
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

If I edited a post, it was for spelling. It is always because of spelling....