The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Onslaught Timer

Casterial
Casterial
✭✭✭✭✭
@ZOS_BrianWheeler I believe the 5 second timer for Onslaught for its cost, and cast time just doesn't make it as good of an ult. I do agree, the skill does far too much damage and the 12 second timer was TOO BIG. But I feel like cutting it to 5 seconds was too much, I feel like 6-8 seconds would have been fine, maybe 8 seconds with a *slight* damage nerf to it.

With the loss of Uppercut stun onslaught just doesn't fit into the game as properly now.

Thoughts?

I love Onslaught, I just think now it doesn't really fit my burst windows at 5 seconds (some time depleted by cast time) it just seems lacking in terms of having a damaging effect in the window provided.
Edited by Casterial on October 16, 2019 4:38AM
Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
The Order of Magnus
Filthy Faction Hoppers

Combat Is Clunky | Cyordiil Fixes

Kill Counter Developer
For the Daggerfall Covenant
The Last Chillrend Empress
Animation Cancelling
  • Szende
    Szende
    ✭✭✭
    Poor mans incap
    PC-EU
    Kyra Leith - PvP Stamina Nightblade
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Szende wrote: »
    Poor mans incap

nani?
    Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poor mans incap

More like still better than Incap in every way.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    Poor mans incap

More like still better than Incap in every way.

But can't be spammed. Onslaught will be ok with 8 seconds OR 120 cost OR without cast time. For something which can be avoided so easily 150 cost is a little bit expensive imo.
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    8 seconds only if they reduce the penetration to 50% instead of 100% :)

Otherwise it is too deam strong
  • Szende
    Szende
    ✭✭✭
    This pen feels a bit overrated. The best thing in this ultimate are the burst.
    PC-EU
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RouDeR wrote: »
    8 seconds only if they reduce the penetration to 50% instead of 100% :)

Otherwise it is too deam strong

It's already at a cap of 21.2k the tooltip is a lie.
    This pen feels a bit overrated. The best thing in this ultimate are the burst.

Nah, it's burst is good, but the pen is what makes follow ups better. Again for cast, and for usability, dodgable, and cost it's too short
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Casterial wrote: »
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler I believe the 5 second timer for Onslaught for its cost, and cast time just doesn't make it as good of an ult. I do agree, the skill does far too much damage and the 12 second timer was TOO BIG. But I feel like cutting it to 5 seconds was too much, I feel like 6-8 seconds would have been fine, maybe 8 seconds with a *slight* damage nerf to it.

With the loss of Uppercut stun onslaught just doesn't fit into the game as properly now.

Thoughts?

I love Onslaught, I just think now it doesn't really fit my burst windows at 5 seconds (some time depleted by cast time) it just seems lacking in terms of having a damaging effect in the window provided.

Just medium attack before onslaight.

It sdtill hits super hard, its still aoe and ignores armour on attack and gives you a high enough time window to deal mega dmg following it.

You just don't turn into god mode for 12s after.

Onslaught is fine.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Casterial wrote: »

Thoughts?

Just medium attack before onslaight.

It sdtill hits super hard, its still aoe and ignores armour on attack and gives you a high enough time window to deal mega dmg following it.

You just don't turn into god mode for 12s after.

Onslaught is fine.

It's fine, but weak. Either remove cast time, decrease cast time, or decrease ultimate cost to make it match it now.

Don't forget, one knock back basically negates onslaught now
    Edited by Casterial on October 16, 2019 2:14PM
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looool most hard hitting skill in the game "feels weak". Mhm... Tell me more...
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It always amazes me to see Stam builds complaining about how Onslaught is "easily avoided," or "barely" does enough damage, etc...I'd love to see them forced to use Meteor as their primary offensive ultimate for a few patches. Enjoy spending close to double the ultimate in order to do half the damage if it doesn't get blocked. But it almost certainly *will* get blocked, since it has the most obvious telegraph in the entire game.
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    It always amazes me to see Stam builds complaining about how Onslaught is "easily avoided," or "barely" does enough damage, etc...I'd love to see them forced to use Meteor as their primary offensive ultimate for a few patches. Enjoy spending close to double the ultimate in order to do half the damage if it doesn't get blocked. But it almost certainly *will* get blocked, since it has the most obvious telegraph in the entire game.

I know right lol. If anything Onslaught is still the hardest hitting Ultimate in the game with a awesome utility. I'd say it needs more damage shaved off to put on par with other Ultimates. It does too much for it's damage.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

200 vs 150, "almost double" LMAO. And onslaught doesn't have stun which makes block mandatory. And onslaught doesn't leave aoe which maybe neglible in 1v1 duel/open world, but in BG/flags... well, it is still powerful aoe. And onslaught doesn't give you empower. And onslaught doesn't buff your magicka recovery&max magicka. And onslaught doesn't snare.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

200 vs 150, "almost double" LMAO. And onslaught doesn't have stun which makes block mandatory. And onslaught doesn't leave aoe which maybe neglible in 1v1 duel/open world, but in BG/flags... well, it is still powerful aoe. And onslaught doesn't give you empower. And onslaught doesn't buff your magicka recovery&max magicka. And onslaught doesn't snare.
    Which all adds up to why almost no Stamina builds use Onslaught, yet virtually all Magicka builds run Meteor. Wait nm.
  • MCBIZZLE300
    MCBIZZLE300
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    recmove cast time and im happy.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Which all adds up to why almost no Stamina builds use Onslaught, yet virtually all Magicka builds run Meteor. Wait nm.

You don't know what people will use in U24. In U23 it is obvious that critrush-dizzy-onslaught-executioner setup was broken. Imo d-swingers even managed to somewhat negate dot meta, in solo cyrodiil at least. But now both dizzy and onslaught are severely nerfed and no guarantee it will be still so popular to tell that 5 seconds for 150 cost is ok.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You don't know what people will use in U24. In U23 it is obvious that critrush-dizzy-onslaught-executioner setup was broken. Imo d-swingers even managed to somewhat negate dot meta, in solo cyrodiil at least. But now both dizzy and onslaught are severely nerfed and no guarantee it will be still so popular to tell that 5 seconds for 150 cost is ok.

Which means only that some cheese setups are not as OP anymore. But if you REALLY would like to look at Onslaught in objective way, you would see that there is no other so powerfull ultimate. Right now it allows you to go full tank with 0 penetration, and then bam, you have penetration better than DDs in full Light Armor on top of capped ressistances. It's simply to good not to use, thats why everyone is running it and if less people will use this ultimate (which I doubt because its still hardest hitting ulti) thats good, because it means we are closer to "balance" where other options seems to have some pros to.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »

Which means only that some cheese setups are not as OP anymore. But if you REALLY would like to look at Onslaught in objective way, you would see that there is no other so powerfull ultimate. Right now it allows you to go full tank with 0 penetration, and then bam, you have penetration better than DDs in full Light Armor on top of capped ressistances. It's simply to good not to use, thats why everyone is running it and if less people will use this ultimate (which I doubt because its still hardest hitting ulti) thats good, because it means we are closer to "balance" where other options seems to have some pros to.

You may say the same about Balorgh, Mechanical Acuity, Clever alchemist, Zaan and so on. Fact that something provides huge advantage for few seconds doesn't mean it will be viable in long run. Yeah, nightblades may use Clever alchemist, but other sets? Somehow vast majority prefers bloodspawn, despite fact that set pay-offs in prolonged encounters, but in short ones it's not that good. I didn't say Onslaught will be useless. It will be useful against tanky builds. But against non-tanky builds it will be suboptimal with it's cast time and relatively big cost.

What was good about U23 onslaught is that it allowed to build effective offensive hybrids due to it's dual penetration. Now hybrids are back to suboptimal RP/fun whatever setups again. So if I were ZOS, I'll decrease Onslaught damage, because that damage with transition into executioner is what makes people die in 90% of cases and keep long dual penetration, maybe cap penetration a bit too. But now hybrids RIP. I had stamwhip for one patch, now I'll have poop fist, cool. (no)
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe we should switch Onslaught to destro staff and EotS to two-handed for a patch and see how everybody feels about it after a couple of months.
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bergzorn wrote: »
    Maybe we should switch Onslaught to destro staff and EotS to two-handed for a patch and see how everybody feels about it after a couple of months.

The thing is we basically lost DB and some classes ie Templar have no good class ults and rely on guild/wep ults. Onslaught was the fallback after DB cast time makes it miss 85% of the time
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭

People are running onslaught on PTS but for it's performance not many actually can pull it off, legit clench after you use negates the 5seconds almost 100%
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Both dizzy and onslaught is still super strong. In fact the dizzy to onslaught combo is about the same dmg. Dizzy hits a bit less, procs off balance so the onslaught hits 10% harder.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Both dizzy and onslaught is still super strong. In fact the dizzy to onslaught combo is about the same dmg. Dizzy hits a bit less, procs off balance so the onslaught hits 10% harder.

Yes. So that is exactly what I'm saying, ZOS didn't removed Onslaught's role in wiping tanky people from full HP to death in few GCD, they eliminated secondary effect which was making this ultimate interesting and unique. They nerfed Onslaught in wrong way.
  • Szende
    Szende
    ✭✭✭
    Onslaught is unique, cuz the only ultimate wich rewards the people without penetration. Its rewards the greatsword, the "%" dmg buffs like shield breaker, offbalance bonus. Truly reward the minor or even major berserk, and other buffs. The flat dmg WD and max stam. This ultimate kinda a way for play tanky and be able to sacrafice all your penetration for other stats. With good timing, with right buffs, its the hardest hitting stamina ultimate. You can be deffensive, then suddenly unleash huge burst. Its not the NB`s ultimate, not the sharpened weapons or mauls ultimate. Its kinda a tool wich can turn your weak offensive stats into very strong. I dont think its that short, 5 sec enough for any combo, dots tick also enough times in that. Just personal opinion
    PC-EU
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Onslaught is unique, cuz the only ultimate wich rewards the people without penetration. Its rewards the greatsword, the "%" dmg buffs like shield breaker, offbalance bonus. Truly reward the minor or even major berserk, and other buffs. The flat dmg WD and max stam. This ultimate kinda a way for play tanky and be able to sacrafice all your penetration for other stats. With good timing, with right buffs, its the hardest hitting stamina ultimate. You can be deffensive, then suddenly unleash huge burst. Its not the NB`s ultimate, not the sharpened weapons or mauls ultimate. Its kinda a tool wich can turn your weak offensive stats into very strong. I dont think its that short, 5 sec enough for any combo, dots tick also enough times in that. Just personal opinion

If full penetration for several seconds is so OP, then why all stamDKs before U23 weren't using corrosive armor? They used take flight or DBoS mostly, why??? previous corrosive was even working for dots
  • Szende
    Szende
    ✭✭✭
    I didnt said, its op. I said, its good. For a certain playstyle
    PC-EU