Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Kaalgrondtiid PC NA

• keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    I wish that all the mile gates would stop traffic in BOTH directions when their centers get destroyed just like when Alessia, Niben and Outer bridge centers. When bridge centers (walkways) are destroyed, no faction can pass in either direction. If the game is going to allow gate/bridge destruction, all factions should be equally denied access til repaired.
    Edited by keto3000 on September 16, 2019 7:21AM
    “The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gabriebe wrote: »
    I almost feel bad as DC for us winning this campaign considering we owe a big chunk of that 10k lead to the AD offpeak teams that switched to DC this cycle. But I'll enjoy the extra gold and the extra stats from the scrolls we kept for once.

I wouldn’t mind, if the 3 bar dc raids stopped gate camping 1 bar ep...I’m sure it goes something like ep did it first so we deserve it.. Practically killed pvp in off hours gj

I even started playing bdo 🤦‍♂️
  • NekoN3ko
    NekoN3ko
    ✭✭✭
    Killed alliance PvP. AD is decimated since players jumped to winning factions.

Its a shame that ESO PvP became so water downed and easily manipulated.
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like Faction Lock is doing its job then. People were warned that this would happen but noooo, casuals just had to whine about the people hopping factions to even out the pops.

None of my business tho... *sip*
  • lostcloud
    lostcloud
    ✭✭✭
    Just now the faction hop happens at the end of the campaign. But it is what it is factions rise and fall faction lock or no faction lock.

Next DLC the option will be there for either in a 30 day campaign, just have to see how that works out.
    Nocturnal (AD AvA Oceanic guild, still kicking after 5 years) Formed in 1999 DAoC Beta now in our 21st year.
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lostcloud wrote: »
    Just now the faction hop happens at the end of the campaign. But it is what it is factions rise and fall faction lock or no faction lock.

Next DLC the option will be there for either in a 30 day campaign, just have to see how that works out.

Except that the new campaign is a losing proposition, Zeni deliberately waited several cycles to make the change despite all the negative feedback they received and nothing will change because people are too entrenched and invested in their main campaigns to bite the bullet and make the move, and also because no one wants to be the first group to move.

Hopefully I'm wrong, and the new campaign ends up being the new hotness.
  • svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaalgrondtiid used to be Vivec (and other names) before, correct? I was wondering if any of my old friends are still here. Invictus, etc.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    svartorn wrote: »
    Kaalgrondtiid used to be Vivec (and other names) before, correct? I was wondering if any of my old friends are still here. Invictus, etc.

Invictus has been dead for a while. Many Invictus members are now in Vanguard, which runs more casually and sporadically.

A lot of veterans are still around, Maia, but we've also lost many. If you are happy where you are at, don't come back. You won't recognize the game.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

Invictus has been dead for a while. Many Invictus members are now in Vanguard, which runs more casually and sporadically.

A lot of veterans are still around, Maia, but we've also lost many. If you are happy where you are at, don't come back. You won't recognize the game.

Nah you will have plenty of still shots to take in the game between lags and desyncs
  • svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah I've talked with a few folks and it sounds like a lot are gone. Maybe with the 2020 performance updates pvp will make a comeback?

I'm just gonna casually go through these like 8 DLCs and expansions I've missed in the meantime.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah I've talked with a few folks and it sounds like a lot are gone. Maybe with the 2020 performance updates pvp will make a comeback?

I'm just gonna casually go through these like 8 DLCs and expansions I've missed in the meantime.

If you want an invite to VG to say hi to some of the remaining Invictus folks, shoot me or Akinos a message. I'm hopeful but not optimistic about the performance fixes. After all, removing the deer and nerfing healing springs was SO effective.
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They removed deer? The next step will be to make another cp enabled server to spread the pop out to help performance, oh, wait......
  • svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you want an invite to VG to say hi to some of the remaining Invictus folks, shoot me or Akinos a message. I'm hopeful but not optimistic about the performance fixes. After all, removing the deer and nerfing healing springs was SO effective.

Akinos! Miss that guy. Looks like he removed me from his friends list (not that I blame him, haha)

I'll see if anyone is on today. Home from work sick.
  • Nevidyra
    Nevidyra
    ✭✭✭✭
    Probably the worst campaign I've seen in a long time. Wasn't competitive in the slightest. DC absolutely ruined Cyrodiil PvP, and they're back at it again in this new campaign that just started on the first day.

Eh, well. It's not DC-- or any of the factions, really. It's a certain handful of guilds that hopped from EP to AD and now from AD to DC that's absolutely ruining Cyrodiil and driving people away from it. I know people quitting the game over it. I'd imagine they think faction stacking, PvDooring and Nightcapping is amazing and that they're doing a great job, but they get absolutely no respect from anyone for it. They're hated.

Noone, regardless of alliance, wants to come into Cyrodiil an hour or two before primetime and see damn near the entire map painted one color, with one faction having all of the scrolls and Emp. It's pointless, as you can't make any significant gains even when your factions are populated during primetime, only to have everything undone again a few hours later by DC.

Noone wants to try and deal with that, even if you don't care about the map score. It's not fun having both non-Emp faction gates being camped and farmed.

Can't wait for no faction lock. It'll help with this, maybe.
    -PC/NA/AD-
    CP 1k+

Immortal Redeemer [✅]
    Tick-Tock Tormentor [✅]
    Gryphon Heart [✅]
    Godslayer [WIP]
    Dawnbringer [N/A]

• Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nevidyra wrote: »
    Probably the worst campaign I've seen in a long time. Wasn't competitive in the slightest. DC absolutely ruined Cyrodiil PvP, and they're back at it again in this new campaign that just started on the first day.

Eh, well. It's not DC-- or any of the factions, really. It's a certain handful of guilds that hopped from EP to AD and now from AD to DC that's absolutely ruining Cyrodiil and driving people away from it. I know people quitting the game over it. I'd imagine they think faction stacking, PvDooring and Nightcapping is amazing and that they're doing a great job, but they get absolutely no respect from anyone for it. They're hated.

Noone, regardless of alliance, wants to come into Cyrodiil an hour or two before primetime and see damn near the entire map painted one color, with one faction having all of the scrolls and Emp. It's pointless, as you can't make any significant gains even when your factions are populated during primetime, only to have everything undone again a few hours later by DC.

Noone wants to try and deal with that, even if you don't care about the map score. It's not fun having both non-Emp faction gates being camped and farmed.

It won't. Instead of painting the map one color during off hours, they will be selling emp achievement.

• Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We also got a significant number of people that moved from non CP to CP, a lot of them DC. Its a combination of the groups that moved from AD and the groups that moved from non CP that are seemingly promoting the lets make the map all blue mentality.

There are a couple of things going on that are not working for people. Being gated all the time, never having scrolls, DC traveling everywhere with no less than 40 people (even against 1 bar factions), throwing scrolls in the water instead of marching them back to where they want them, the same DC dude becoming EMP 85kabillion times a week, the hammer in general right now. Lately both EP and AD have had much lower populations then DC almost the entire day, and defending against the borg is less fun the more it goes on.

I get it, I'm not saying DC should stop playing or they aren't entitled to have fun too, but if these sort of things keep happening, they will be playing by themselves. I'm seeing far to many people just logging off or quitting because continuing to try is an actual waste of time.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Nevidyra
    Nevidyra
    ✭✭✭✭

I get it, I'm not saying DC should stop playing or they aren't entitled to have fun too, but if these sort of things keep happening, they will be playing by themselves. I'm seeing far to many people just logging off or quitting because continuing to try is an actual waste of time.

This. So much this. It's killing Cyrodiil and DC seems absolutely ecstatic about this fact. They were teabagging the one-bar factions after painting the map blue if you managed to die to their 40-man zerg running around.
    -PC/NA/AD-
    CP 1k+

Immortal Redeemer [✅]
    Tick-Tock Tormentor [✅]
    Gryphon Heart [✅]
    Godslayer [WIP]
    Dawnbringer [N/A]

• keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭

This. So much this. It's killing Cyrodiil and DC seems absolutely ecstatic about this fact. They were teabagging the one-bar factions after painting the map blue if you managed to die to their 40-man zerg running around.

AD has been the underdog faction for years. We die hard AD loyalists are used to it. We had some good campaign wins earlier this year (2019) when AD guilds had better all round time coverage, even at night. I believe in sticking with my faction (just like RL sports team), win or lose, and pushing to rebuild, mentor new players to our faction and encouraging our stronger, regular guilds to "not jump ship" just to be on the winning side, but, stay and grow the faction. Same should be true for other factions, IMO. I'm def not a fan of the faction jumping back and forth during match ( campaign) to "even things out." Make a commitment and stick to it.

“The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay
  • lostcloud
    lostcloud
    ✭✭✭

This can happen EP did it to 2 campaigns a few years back just strangled the life out of them with constant gate camping until both AD and DC just stopped logging in. Most of the players from back then have moved on now and the few who remain have wisdom enough to know not to completely destroy opposing factions moral though some newer players have yet to learn this lesson.

Honestly, many who are left are just waiting for a new MMO with a decent pvp focus.
    Nocturnal (AD AvA Oceanic guild, still kicking after 5 years) Formed in 1999 DAoC Beta now in our 21st year.
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I ask this again, if you enjoy pvp why gate other factions?
    Unless you dont really care to pvp but instead just collect ap.

This has happened before in other camps and the dumb asses couldn't see it. Then whined incessantly that the pvp pop was dwindling.

If you care or enjoy pvp, you wouldn't stifle it.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This behavior has unfortunately killed campaigns before. People usually defend it with "but the score" "but we are supposed to win" "but *I* am having fun" "THEY did it to us 3 months ago!" Or, "it wasn't us, it was those dirty pugs/guilds/time zone X. We're just attacking the last blue/red/yellow keep!"

You can be competitive and want to win and still be sportsmanlike. It's one thing to defeat people on the field, and another to stand outside their locker room jeering. If score isn't even remotely close, there's no call to be pushing a faction back to their gates. Go fight the other one. Or go take a break and let them lick their wounds and come back out ready to fight. Kicking a faction when they are down until they log off doesn't help anyone in the end, it just kills pvp.

I've said all this before and it never worked. I doubt it will this time either. But Kaal is the last populated campaign.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know if they'll reset this campaign on Monday just 4 days in with the new 30 day campaign? I would be surprised if they stagger the 2 so you could potentially swap campaigns for rewards.

I'm curious to see how this plays out. If it's what people say, it feels like there will be a 50 50 split, but maybe people do just take the first campaign. If its 50 50, do we even have enough to make both have enough action. If so; their performance improvements will look better than they actually are, or if it's as it seems and we dont have enough for 2 campaigns, 1 will be just like the 7 day now as people consolidate to the most populated.

I think everything has a chance to fly out the window here, including the overall health of the game
  • lostcloud
    lostcloud
    ✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    Anyone know if they'll reset this campaign on Monday just 4 days in with the new 30 day campaign? I would be surprised if they stagger the 2 so you could potentially swap campaigns for rewards.

I'm curious to see how this plays out. If it's what people say, it feels like there will be a 50 50 split, but maybe people do just take the first campaign. If its 50 50, do we even have enough to make both have enough action. If so; their performance improvements will look better than they actually are, or if it's as it seems and we dont have enough for 2 campaigns, 1 will be just like the 7 day now as people consolidate to the most populated.

I think everything has a chance to fly out the window here, including the overall health of the game

We know pvp is really in a very unhealthy state atm and with the splitting of the already small pvp population further, I wonder if it might be a final nail in the coffin. As it stands now my main playtime Aussie primetime has so few players it is nothing more than a few small groups with a smattering of single players. Several months ago it was a fairly consistent 2 bar pop across the board now it is 1 bar each and a low one bar.
    There is barely a fight to be found some nights of late the Aussie population is so low and to be honest the few of my guildmates that are left are only waiting for another MMO to release and we too will move on.

Guess all of those dirty night capping problems will go away ;) .
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If one faction is dominating and the other two are tired of it, it seems logical the other two have a truce and team up against the faction that is dominating. Logic is rarely on display in Cyrodiil though.
  • Hexquisite
    Hexquisite
    ✭✭✭✭

A few of us have switched from DC over this, I am playing AD for the first time ever. However, I saw a ton of new people on DC when fighting, so don't know that 10 people switching will help much.

I was suprised when I logged on just a couple hours after the start of the new campaign and DC was already up by 800 points --like 1400 to AD 600. The whole zone was talking about it, wondering how did they even get such a large lead in that period of time. IF the percentage spread stays the same DC will beat the other factions again by 15 to 18 K.
    PC NA
    ~Ethereal Traders Union~
    ~Spicy Economics~
    ~Tropic Thunder~
    ~Us Ghosts~

• kpittsniperb14_ESO
    kpittsniperb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hexquisite wrote: »

A few of us have switched from DC over this, I am playing AD for the first time ever. However, I saw a ton of new people on DC when fighting, so don't know that 10 people switching will help much.

I was suprised when I logged on just a couple hours after the start of the new campaign and DC was already up by 800 points --like 1400 to AD 600. The whole zone was talking about it, wondering how did they even get such a large lead in that period of time. IF the percentage spread stays the same DC will beat the other factions again by 15 to 18 K.

Remove the ability for players to try and balance populations on the fly through faction lock and this will be the norm...it's already been called months ago. Hopefully the new 30 day non lock will get a large chuck of the population and become the new main campaign....if not the outlook for future pvp is grim.
    Magicka DK-Rowsdowerr
    Tertiary Meat GM
    "they're going to say, there's Daniel and he has 20 people with him, I want to kill him and there's
    40 more behind me."
    "I'm tired of the BS excuses, if you're going to do what you do at least admit what you're doing"
    YEEEEEAAAAAHHHH!!!
  • Hexquisite
    Hexquisite
    ✭✭✭✭

Remove the ability for players to try and balance populations on the fly through faction lock and this will be the norm...it's already been called months ago. Hopefully the new 30 day non lock will get a large chuck of the population and become the new main campaign....if not the outlook for future pvp is grim.

Yes, my 2 main alts will be on that campaign, I am hoping that more people get drawn to both campaigns since there will be a clear option, and that one of them won't be dead. I think that the Unlocked 30 day will have the better fights overall regardless of pop. I do think the higher rewards than 7 day is a draw, I made over 1 mil gold in end of campaign prizes last campaign--yes I had the luck of getting good gold rewards.
    Edited by Hexquisite on October 18, 2019 9:01PM
    PC NA
    ~Ethereal Traders Union~
    ~Spicy Economics~
    ~Tropic Thunder~
    ~Us Ghosts~

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They really should reset the map with the campaign
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

They really should reset the map with the campaign

Agree 100%
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DC wins a few campaigns and players cry and say stuff like "DC absolutely ruined Cyrodiil PvP,".. really? Did it really go from threads like "I would like to thank EP for winning another campaign" to "DC ruined everything"? I heard less cries when ep won the very first campaign after factions were locked, and they won by a huge margin.

I'm playiing right now. 3 bars DC, 3 bars EP and 2 bars AD. What the heck is EP doing? 3 bars and not even trying to take back chal?? AD seems to have around 30 players at nik .. but somehow .. DC ruins everything by winning a few campaigns. ( sigh )

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)