The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New istarus Death match map

• Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »
    I actually like both more than before. Istarus in particular. It was pointlessly massive with horse riding and ***.

There's still big open maps out there; Arcane University, Mor Khazgur, Ularra, Ayleid Plane. It's nice to have a couple of smaller ones too.

Did someone pay you to say this?
    75% of the fights are crammed into to top drop down areas from the spawns. It invariably devolves into an AOE spamming cluster ***. Boring.

This.
    The map really showcases everything wrong with battlegrounds.
    You lock down players in CC right in the middle of your AoE's and heal to victory.
    There's no tactical kiting, there's no skill involved...that's literally it.
    It's a CC/AoE deathtrap that takes skill entirely out of the equation.

Really no wonder magicka premades love this map...😖
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I actually like both more than before. Istarus in particular. It was pointlessly massive with horse riding and ***.

There's still big open maps out there; Arcane University, Mor Khazgur, Ularra, Ayleid Plane. It's nice to have a couple of smaller ones too.

75% of the fights are crammed into to top drop down areas from the spawns. It invariably devolves into an AOE spamming cluster ***. Boring.

Yeah man, I get paid by the great flat-earth, anti-vaxx conspiracy consortium. Put your tinfoil hat on before you get assimilated. :D

It’s quite tight but it ain’t such a cluster **** for me. There’s tons of LOS; pillars, staircases, corridors. Almost as much as Ayleid plain. And there’s 2 levels, making Shadow Image/Undo juking easy and fun. If you want to play the kiting and running game, it's probably the best map.

Seriously, If you don’t like Magplars and MagWardens AoEing you down in the drop areas, then don’t just sit there. It ain’t that hard. That amount of times I see players just drop down and stay there until the die and then QQ about the map.... The problem is firmly between the keyboard and the chair.

Edited by Maulkin on September 21, 2019 2:58PM
    EU | PC | AD
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kel wrote: »
    There's no tactical kiting

I’m just picturing a Navy Seal in full gear literally flying a kite.

>,>
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This.
    You lock down players in CC right in the middle of your AoE's and heal to victory.

There are other maps with plenty of tactical options. This one, not so much.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This.

This map has more LoS than all the others.

Just don’t go out to the middle.

This map is the most stamina dominant map atm. Lava map is the most Magicka dominant map.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

This.

This map is the most stamina dominant map atm. Lava map is the most Magicka dominant map.

I honestly think ZOS was hoping the middle would be a crazy killing frenzy all match long, hence the emphasis on limiting TDM to the arena area.

Unfortunately, if you were to look at kill-heat maps, I'm certain that the top drop down area from each spawn would be the darkest red, while the middle area would reflect comparatively little action. That's what makes this map so dull. Yes, there are line of sight options, and ways to maneuver between the top and bottom levels of the outer ring to tactically engage or disengage as necessary, but with the vast majority of the action crammed into three tight areas that offer no visual or geometric variety, the experience is much more stale and boring than other maps.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This map sucks
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    This map sucks

I appreciate you uncharacteristically talking this topic seriously.
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    This map sucks
    Big fat donkey ballzz

• Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This.

Thogard wrote: »

It's amazing how different the views on this are. They can't both be right. I'm with Thogard. This map has a ton of LOS protection and is great for kiting and for fast stamina builds who are dominating.

If you're getting stuck in an AoE sh** fest, only one of two things can be happening:
    1. you are instigating or willingly partaking in it
    2. you suck at kiting

There's really no 3rd reason that I can see.
    Edited by Maulkin on October 15, 2019 4:45PM
    EU | PC | AD
  • Gaggin
    Gaggin
    ✭✭✭✭
    yup, my vote is for not playing this map ever. Its even worse than domination.
  • sabresandiego_ESO
    sabresandiego_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This map is horrible. The real problem of this map is that any time you change elevation, even going down stairs, the game will ignore your commands while you are “falling”. So you’re going to see a lot of abilities not working and weapon switches not working.

And if you fall from one level to another you also get locked into a stupid rolling animation where u cant do anything. Top it off with being a small map with too many angles and LOS
    Ali Dreadsabre -Necromancer
    Ali Sabre -Nightblade
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the deserter penalty is much better than enduring a 15 minute trauma on his map.