The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.2 is available.

Thank you for not listening to our feedback on sustain :/

Amira
Amira
✭✭✭
It is as if you almost want your players to not have fun and spend a lot more time and money on other games that are.

Please listen to the players on buffing sustain, for faster and more fluid combat.

Don't kill the fun factor. This sucked in Morrowind and it will suck even more now that most classes are fragmented.

Please Buff Sustain back up. TY
@ZOS_BrianWheeler
@ZOS_RichLambert
  • Austinseph1
    Austinseph1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And killing Pet play styles and for some reason Sentinel of Rkugamz because I have literally never heard anybody say the set was overpreforming..Split it between mag and stam is okay but at half the total? Useless. Because they change too much at once they cant properly balance it in the 5 week period even with overwhelming feedback. Obvious development flaw.
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sustain is important, it is the life substance of combat via skills giving fluid animations, desired combat, and fun.

Here are my arguments as to why the current system is flawed

resource glyphs/cost reduction glyphs
    - No one wants to deal less damage if possible
    - Current end game content damage in PvE is already severally down by to 80% this patch you would be further reducing it thus making some content unachievable.

heavy attacks
    - If you want a heavy attack mechanic make it worth it or give it a different function completely, it's current design is flawed around 3 second delay of dullness for staves and are only really viable in PvP, thus making PvE feel dead weight and ignored.
    - Spell symmetry takes up a useful bar-space, aka, a shield or heal for life, also it hurts you thus making a shield even more needed.
    - Spell symmetry is only for Magicka characters.

Increase of cost on abilities
    - Whatever audit you are using, I think it must overlook actual gameplay and data and is far from accurate, AoE will cost way too much at 5k.
    - Then you also increase cost of other things, thus making the outlook even more bleak.

As your usual fashion you swung the hammer and neglected listening to people who actually play your game, giving valuable data and test substance, which would allow you to craft something much more deftly.
    Edited by Jodynn on October 16, 2019 3:20PM
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a bright-throat set ready to go for my mdk. :|
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »

Grundwulf is enough.
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

• Grandma
    Grandma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aznarb wrote: »
    Banana wrote: »

Grundwulf is enough.

is it though? you probably also need to be breton with pfgd.
    GH / 3/04/2021 / Elemental Catalyst Necromancer
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What exactly about sustain is getting nerfed?
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Use sustain glyphs, different food, sustain sets, get orbs from healer and you will be fine. Give up some dps ffs, its through the roof atm. You can still easily complete any content after the patch.
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amira wrote: »
    It is as if you almost want your players to not have fun and spend a lot more time and money on other games that are.

Please listen to the players on buffing sustain, for faster and more fluid combat.

Don't kill the fun factor. This sucked in Morrowind and it will suck even more now that most classes are fragmented.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler
    @ZOS_RichLambert

Keep hoping :)

Since New Moon Acolyte it is obvious that pool and sustain are back in the decision process. The long term players know that the game was designed for that.
    Edited by mague on October 16, 2019 6:46AM
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Kurat wrote: »
    Use sustain glyphs, different food, sustain sets, get orbs from healer and you will be fine. Give up some dps ffs, its through the roof atm. You can still easily complete any content after the patch.

Well sure, if your goal is clearing vAA or other 4 year old content, no big deal. That's not really a question and never has been.

If your goal is pushing Godslayer, or even older achievements like TTT/GH/IR? Or if you're a progression group just working though DLC HM raids?

It certainly got quite a bit harder. We've got a pretty significant DPS loss incoming paired with quite a few sustain nerfs.

It's not surprising that people don't like seeing their characters get weaker. It's also not surprising that people don't like seeing their progression go backwards while ZOS spins the wheel for seemingly random massive buffs and nerfs every patch.
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    If your goal is pushing Godslayer, or even older achievements like TTT/GH/IR? Or if you're a progression group just working though DLC HM raids?
    This. When you need several months until you can beat the vMoL Twins without some wipes first and you barely manage to get Rakkat down even without HM and then you get nerfed a lot... Although in many more casual oriented groups you don't have all META builds. We've had many non-optimal characters and builds because we wanted our players to play whatever they want to play and can play, as long as they do it in a viable way. So I could play my Magden when I needed to go range, even I could have done better dps on Magplar. I could play my sDK, although he gave nothing to the group. I changed later to sNecro although I can't play him good, but he helped a LOT in some vSS stages like big trash groups and especially the ice dragon, where we barely could manage to kill all the atros before the dragon returned to the ground. Not to mention the trash groups in the last boss fight with two mages, where we wiped for some weeks.

I guess we'll see next week, but those nerfs are hard in theory, I guess they'll be harder in actual content. It's not just less damage and thus more time you need. That may be important for top groups going for TTT, Godslayer, whatever. In a progress group with mediocre players (I think our top dps are hitting 80k on the raid dummy, not 97+) longer fights mean more stress on the tank, more stress on the healer due to more incoming damage. Longer fights and more damage mean more stress on sustain, while aside from pure damage sustain got nerfed too. What seems like a 15-20% nerf in terms of pure dps on a dummy parse (I went down from 51k to 42k after "adapting" on 6M dummy solo parse) might be even more in actual content, because we need to revive more, we need to cast more heals as dps (Vigor etc.) or shields...

Also I am currently progressing through vBRP. After weeks of trying we got to the final stage for the first time. I guess the nerfed dps and sustain will be very painful for us and I am just hoping we won't get stuck in arena 2 again for weeks. There were already situations where we could barely manage.
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • GrimTheReaper45
    GrimTheReaper45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really wish they would just go back to having good sustain like with pre morrowind. heavy attacking sucks, especially for mag. The most popular staff is fire, it takes a long time to cast, takes time to hit and can be dodged. like it just isnt fun. I dont really care if its balanced or skillful or strategic or makes us not make "interesting build choices". At the end of the day this is a video game we all play for FUN and heavy attacking doesnt feel fun on 95% of builds.
  • Vanos444
    Vanos444
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amira wrote: »

@ZOS_BrianWheeler
    @ZOS_RichLambert

Lol! The game is still in beta stages. Why do you even want to sub or give feedback?
    The new team are trying to test things out with their vision by not playing the game.
    So, they take the gamble but we must not take their bait. Got it!!!

My suggestion is to wait and see. If they are truly commited to they're work based or players interest or shareholders. Based on it, decide to continue subbing or look elsewhere...
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sustain sets aren't viable in end game PvE content due to the need of more power in the newer content, thus making certain achievements impossible, let alone the less amount of damage now makes it even more improbable with damage sets.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What exactly about sustain is getting nerfed?

The magicka/stamina costs for many of the skills are going up considerably, thus sustain will take a direct hit. ZOS is trying to push us into a boring heavy attack meta.

• kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm in that category of ppl who has been thinking since the begining that the ressources in this game were way too easy to manage.

in fact, it wont be harder after 5.2, ppl will just have to slot regen glyphs or cost reductions glyphs, or maybe regen stuffs, leading to some pve dps drop probably, but for pvp this will diversify builds even more.

actually in pve this wont be only a dps drop because if you manage to time things correctly you might be able to choose if you want to have a clean/flat dps all fight long or a more "erratic" one, so that you can burst when needed (big adds, execute phases, shield on vMoL first boss) and somehow regen during calm phases.

ppl who will struggle with regen will only be ppl than cant drop their soooo precious max stam/magicka/wd/sp.

sustain and heavy attacks need will only be a problem only once ppl will struggle after slotting every possible regen tool.
  • jecks33
    jecks33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kalunte wrote: »
    i'm the only one in the category of ppl who has been thinking since the begining that the ressources in this game were way too easy to manage.

Fixed
    Edited by jecks33 on October 16, 2019 5:23PM
    PC-EU
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well in a pure pve situation it's 100% binary. either you have enough, or you dont.

if you rely on others synergy you put yourself in odds regarding ressource managment.

this is a simple choice ppl have to make when thinking about their character, nothing more.

in pvp it's not that easy at least for stamina mgmt since you can burn it depending on the situation you are facing through block/break free/dodge/fatigue on dodge but it can be handled exactly the same way: "do i have enough or will i struggle".
    dont want to struggle => stack some more regen. Want to have an higher dmg output => deal with your limited ressource.

for sure it'll hurts someone's feeling of greatness because they cant stack only dmg stats but well.. nothing to be taken seriously.
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    kalunte wrote: »
    well in a pure pve situation it's 100% binary. either you have enough, or you dont.

if you rely on others synergy you put yourself in odds regarding ressource managment.

this is a simple choice ppl have to make when thinking about their character, nothing more.

in pvp it's not that easy at least for stamina mgmt since you can burn it depending on the situation you are facing through block/break free/dodge/fatigue on dodge but it can be handled exactly the same way: "do i have enough or will i struggle".
    dont want to struggle => stack some more regen. Want to have an higher dmg output => deal with your limited ressource.

for sure it'll hurts someone's feeling of greatness because they cant stack only dmg stats but well.. nothing to be taken seriously.

Even if you rely on others, it's still going to be though.
    Even now that orbs have been made scarce, if you miss one (for whatever reason) you risk going out of magicka.
    Imagine after the new patch! Will need to chug expensive potions even for trivial stuff!